Palin Just Another Blogger.

Does Palin have a chance in 2012?

• Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

Bunz

What a ride it has been for Sarah as an Alaskan and world celebrity. In less than a year, she went from being a popular governor in a small state(largely unknown elsewhere) with the exception of the Troopergate fiasco that was alive and well before Sarah was nominated, she was widely liked by everyone except the hardcore conservatives. Now,is reduced to being just another under informed and overly zealous blogger.

There was a time, just a year ago, when things were great in Palin land.
Most of the democrats liked her, because she was just like us, except being pro-life and a number of other social issues, but she hadnt made it a policy priority so we didnt take issue. The mainstream Repubs liked her well enough, and that is still what makes up her support here and probably elsewhere.

The Troopergate happenings started 6 weeks before the nomination. For many Alaskans this was a pale red flag.

Then came the nomination. Before Sarah was nominated, it appeared that Obama, if he kept his momentum, and made a campaign stop(insert campaign joke about 57 states here) in Alaska, Barack might have made a run for winning the 3 measly votes in Alaska that have been solid GOP for nearly 5 decades.

The announcement came with notable surprise to be honest. It certainly secured Alaska's support for the GOP in the national election. Most Alaskans admitidly werent sure what to take of this bombshell. Then came the public appearances and a few notable embarassments.

Of course, as we know she lost. As a matter of fact I would say the two people most responsible for the election of the all too evil Barack Obama, were George W. Bush and Sarah Palin.

After losing she made her return, to a state divided. Democrats and many moderates upset about the way she behaved on the campaign trail. Conservatives liked her more to a point, mostly because she wasnt Obama. But knew all along she was saying one thing, and doing another when it came to actually being conservative. She is a RINO, but at least not a liberal.

But then we can fast forward to just now. Where just over a month ago, one of the leading candidates for the GOP nomination in the next national
election(s) cycle. With the opportunity and means to demostrate her means and ability to lead, govern and set a policy agenda for what she would like to do politically on a national level.

Now, she has reduced herself to being persona non grata, through her various postings on numerous websites.

On Monday, the Alaska Legislature overturned her veto of the federal stimulus funds. While it was widely proven that she was simply incorrect and unwilling to accept facts when it came to the so called "strings" attached argument got blown out of the water. When

Then there is the absurd and simply comical statements she has made in regards to health care on facebook. Good riddance to Sarah Palin. Her fall from grace has come faster than terminal velocity.

Then I hear of her Dad and Father in Law down in Idaho stumping for Vaughn Ward. Makes me wonder if Sarah is going to make a "surprise appearance".

Honestly, does anyone think that Sarah Palin has a chance at winning an election on the national level in 2012?

Werbung:
After losing she made her return, to a state divided. Democrats and many moderates upset about the way she behaved on the campaign trail. Conservatives liked her more to a point, mostly because she wasnt Obama. But knew all along she was saying one thing, and doing another when it came to actually being conservative. She is a RINO, but at least not a liberal.

I could say a lot about what you wrote in your post but why bother.

This one part though, I cant help but reply to.
You are totally off base thinking conservatives liked her because she was not obama. McCain was not obama either and conservatives did not like him much at all. Ron Paul was not obama. Actually, many conservatives finally came on board to the McCain ticket when she did because of her and inspite of McCain.

Conservatives liked her because she is very pro life, pro family, pro drilling for oil, pro guns and pro military. She never once said anything like "all our troops were doing is carpet bombing and air raiding villages"

Oh and I hope she does not run for anything. I do not know how much more of the left targeting her family I can take. It is low and disgusting and makes me hate them when I would much rather just dislike them.

Her kids are better off if she just does rallys and stumps for other politicians she thinks would do a good job. But the left will never let her family be, so I do not think her children are safe if she gets back in public office.

Bunz asked: Honestly, does anyone think that Sarah Palin has a chance at winning an election on the national level in 2012?

Not a snow balls' chance in HELL! She managed to get impelled by her very own petard {justifiably so} and now she's the constant obfuscate spewing incorrect B.S. to a mind set of 'LOCK & LOADED' NRA biased voters who believe any and all lies that roll out of her mindless dribble!

She created the furor and just kept fanning the flames, she ignored the good GOP resonsible party members who attempted to provide advice and guideness ;) And for anyone on here to post that they know what the conservatives did and did not think about our elected president and Sarah Barracuda I would ask for any proof that your repetitive posts had any {ANY} validation!!! :rolleyes:

I could say a lot about what you wrote in your post but why bother.
Ah come on...Ive been busy lately, not much time to play here.
This one part though, I cant help but reply to.
You are totally off base thinking conservatives liked her because she was not obama. McCain was not obama either and conservatives did not like him much at all. Ron Paul was not obama. Actually, many conservatives finally came on board to the McCain ticket when she did because of her and inspite of McCain.
I dont think I am off base at all. A very large portion of her poppularity from the right, and specifically conservatives when it comes down to really a two choice decision, she and McCain were not Obama/Hillary. Which is also why I said that the democrats could have put Sponge Bob out there and he probably would have won. All from the backlash of 8 Bush years.
Conservatives liked her because she is very pro life, pro family, pro drilling for oil, pro guns and pro military. She never once said anything like "all our troops were doing is carpet bombing and air raiding villages"
Fair enough, but she
Oh and I hope she does not run for anything. I do not know how much more of the left targeting her family I can take. It is low and disgusting and makes me hate them when I would much rather just dislike them.
I am amused by how Sarah and her fans love to play the martyr in this regard. Cry me a river. When you preach family values, and your 17 year old daughter gets pregnant with her live in boyfriend under your roof. Then the constant parade that she has encouraged. Give me a break. Hypocricy is universally attacked.
Her kids are better off if she just does rallys and stumps for other politicians she thinks would do a good job. But the left will never let her family be, so I do not think her children are safe if she gets back in public office.
I think the left would very much like to not hear from her or see her any more to be frank with you. But I think you are overlooking a trait of Sarah's personality that puts herself above any and everything. Including her kids and other family. Sarah will continue to parade anywhere they are willing to have a camera and have her kids tag along with her, because to her it is worth the public exposure for herself, even if it hurts her family.

Ah come on...Ive been busy lately, not much time to play here.

I dont think I am off base at all. A very large portion of her poppularity from the right, and specifically conservatives when it comes down to really a two choice decision, she and McCain were not Obama/Hillary. Which is also why I said that the democrats could have put Sponge Bob out there and he probably would have won. All from the backlash of 8 Bush years.

Fair enough, but she

I am amused by how Sarah and her fans love to play the martyr in this regard. Cry me a river. When you preach family values, and your 17 year old daughter gets pregnant with her live in boyfriend under your roof. Then the constant parade that she has encouraged. Give me a break. Hypocricy is universally attacked.

I think the left would very much like to not hear from her or see her any more to be frank with you. But I think you are overlooking a trait of Sarah's personality that puts herself above any and everything. Including her kids and other family. Sarah will continue to parade anywhere they are willing to have a camera and have her kids tag along with her, because to her it is worth the public exposure for herself, even if it hurts her family.

I did not say "why bother" because you have not been posting, I said it because everything you said is your personal view and mine is different and we already have been down that road. So why bother..

I would agree for some, for many.. voting for McCain meant not voting for obama... that changed when Sarah Palin got on the ticket. All the sudden his ticket became interesting, people going to the rallys, people contributing money.. those things happened with the McCain ticket Because of Sarah Palin not in spite of her and not because people did not like obama. But we can disagree and that means nothing has changed at the HOP :)

Reporting that her daughter is pregnant and unmarried is news, it should have been reported. Its the she is a whore, she is a slut, Sarah is a horrible mother because her daughter is a whore and a slut exc. blah blah.. Her husband molests the kids blah blah... that I am talking about. Not the actual news that her daughter is pregnant, 17 and unmarried and not that her own son has Downs Syndrome. Those are normal reportable things, and not at all what I am talking about.

Either way I hope she stays out of politics and someone very very very much like her but without kids that can be hurt comes out in the spot light and crush liberals and their pathetic leader into the dust :)

I would have said "no" except... Clinton and Obama got into office, so obviously there are no standards at all. Of course her chances would be much greater if she was a democrap.

I would have said "no" except... Clinton and Obama got into office, so obviously there are no standards at all. Of course her chances would be much greater if she was a democrap.

Oh look at the cute morphology he used on the word democrat. Isn't that cute guys? Got any more?

I did not say "why bother" because you have not been posting, I said it because everything you said is your personal view and mine is different and we already have been down that road. So why bother..
Well fair enough, I have a little time available between hunting and fishing seasons.
I would agree for some, for many.. voting for McCain meant not voting for obama... that changed when Sarah Palin got on the ticket. All the sudden his ticket became interesting, people going to the rallys, people contributing money.. those things happened with the McCain ticket Because of Sarah Palin not in spite of her and not because people did not like obama. But we can disagree and that means nothing has changed at the HOP :)
I have said before that the Dems could have nominated SpongeBob and they were gonna win. More or less as a major backlash to the Bush years.
I wont disagree with the notion that Palin did fire a bunch of people up on the right, or those who dont like Obama and switched to McCain. I think a good example would be the recently returned XCaliDem. I agree she prevented a landslide. I would imagine if McCain picked Ron Paul(hypothetically) that it wouldnt have had the same effect.
Reporting that her daughter is pregnant and unmarried is news, it should have been reported. Its the she is a whore, she is a slut, Sarah is a horrible mother because her daughter is a whore and a slut exc. blah blah.. Her husband molests the kids blah blah... that I am talking about. Not the actual news that her daughter is pregnant, 17 and unmarried and not that her own son has Downs Syndrome. Those are normal reportable things, and not at all what I am talking about.
We are more or less in agreement here, it is a matter of where the line is drawn. For instance if it would have been Bristol in the stands at Yankee stadium instead of Willow...I probably wouldnt have thought the Letterman comments over that line. But that is just a definition of comedy.
Either way I hope she stays out of politics and someone very very very much like her but without kids that can be hurt comes out in the spot light and crush liberals and their pathetic leader into the dust :)
Well what do you think she should do? Do you really think she shouldnt at least run for President?

It is kinda funny because as soon as I clicked to post the poll kinda more as an informal thing nothing serious. I thought to myself that at this point in time, it is beyond pointless to predict what is going to happen this far out.
In 2006 when I first heard about Obama, I wouldnt have bet a nickel on him getting elected in 2008. At the same time I would have bet a thousand each that Bush would have caught Bin Laden and there would be a Taco Bell in every neighborhood in Tikrit.

Oh look at the cute morphology he used on the word democrat. Isn't that cute guys? Got any more?
I think it was taught to us by dems here at the HOP who say republicant
It wouldnt surprise me at all to hear that either terms were used within a day of the launch of this website.

Werbung:
Guess I missed that, that's silly too. Doesn't express any idea except for subjective and completely irrelevant opinion.

Hey Rob, I havent seen you around here in awhile, good to see you back.

I also mostly refrain from using many nicknames. Especially cheesy name change stuff.

Back