Palin never an AIP member

Werbung:
I understood that they promote Alaska separating from the Union, but what I dont understand is why it is bad?

The lower 48 are telling them what they can do with thier own land would drive me crazy, we have no idea what they have to pay for things like heating oil, the stupid tards who make the polar bear indangered for political reasons rather than for real reason....yada yada

I would be a part of that party if I were in Alaska, if the plan is to become a country of its own, but not if it was to be part of canada or russia

I understood that they promote Alaska separating from the Union, but what I dont understand is why it is bad?

The lower 48 are telling them what they can do with thier own land would drive me crazy, we have no idea what they have to pay for things like heating oil, the stupid tards who make the polar bear indangered for political reasons rather than for real reason....yada yada

I would be a part of that party if I were in Alaska, if the plan is to become a country of its own, but not if it was to be part of canada or russia

It becomes a political liability when you are in the running for Vice-President if you wanted at one point to break away from the country you are now looking to represent.

It becomes a political liability when you are in the running for Vice-President if you wanted at one point to break away from the country you are now looking to represent.

ok if you put it that way i can see where it could be a problem

except i would say, if she had been a member of that party to try and better Alaska, she just found a better way to change the troubles in Alaska by running the whole country:)

Just to make a few things clear. There was a time when it was fashionable to be a AIP member. This ended largely after the end of Gov. Hickel. The Alaska Independence Party has had plenty of party members throughout the last few decades elected to state office. Including Governor Hickel, but he was a GOP ringer.

I have always been curious of the views of Alaskan indepedence among lower 48ers. I think Ill have to start a thread on it.

So to sum up the reality on the ground, is that Todd being a registered member means little, overall. Being a member of the AIP certainly does not imply the desire for succession up here.

For two years Caribou Barbie went to AIP meetings and spoke in favor of their beliefs... for two straight years (I think the news said 92-94) I know it was in the 90's.

It makes sense that you don't actually "register to vote" as an AIP member. You would still register as whatever you felt closer to Republican or Democrat for voting purposes.

But the story is she believed in what the AIP believed... and that's just plain scary in a VP candidate!

Monday, September 01, 2008
Members Say Sarah Palin Belonged to Fringe Anti-American Alaska Liberation Group

Sarah Palin is really odd--there's this whole weird soap opera that goes with her--including this anti-American Alaska Liberation Front. First Buchanan-now this.

Members of 'Fringe' Alaskan Independence Party Say Palin Was a Member in 90s

Officials of the Alaskan Independence Party say that Palin was once so independent, she was once a member of their party, which, since the 1970s, has been pushing for a legal vote for Alaskans to decide whether or not residents of the 49th state can secede from the United States.

And while McCain's motto -- as seen in a new TV ad -- is "Country First," the AIP's motto is the exact opposite -- "Alaska First -- Alaska Always."

Werbung:
Top Gun,
Post a link to your source. You need to re-read my post above yours about the actual role of the AIP. What you posted is not accurate in its claims at all.

Back