Palin said humans and dinosuars walked the earth together

It should not have been hard to understand, I underlined the only parts you needed to notice.

There were other people, Cain left his parents home and went where there were other people, there is where he got a wife

So adam and ever where first , then he made a bunch of other people as well? Then why not have done that from the start, rather then just make 2 and hope they dont sin? Was it the same with other animals he made 2 then said later more? Or did he just make all of them at once...And as I stated, then he killed off many of them, then had noah put them all on a big boat.....

Werbung:
Was all-of-this before God created (other) animals (Gen 2:18,19), or after He created the (other) animals (Gen 1:25,26,27)???? :rolleyes:

Of course in the book of Genesis as well there are actually two creation stories back to back. I am sure you were aware of this however.

Just out of curiosity.. I don't care if someone's athiest, buddhist, christian, mormon, satanic, etc..

The greater question is:

Why do people feel the need to belittle others for a particular belief system that happens to be different than there own.

Could it be an insecurity about there own beliefs?

or is it simply that some people like to antagonize others?

Either way, some of the responses here are insulting and I'd appreciate it if we'd at least make an attempt at respecting one another. No, you don't need to agree. Yes, you can debate the topic. There's absolutely no sense to ridiculing someone just because they have a belief system that differs from yours. I assure you, we all have'm and if we carried that attitude throughout our daily lives.. well, it simply wouldn't be a pleasant world to be in. Not calling anyone out specifically, just a request for decency.

Of course in the book of Genesis as well there are actually two creation stories back to back. I am sure you were aware of this however.

Um... no. There is only one creation story. In chapter one, it says how God created everything in six literal days.

In chapter two, it goes back to the sixth day, and fills in more detail about how man was created. That man should no be alone. That He brought all the animals, that God created from the dust of the ground, to the man to see what he would name them. Then after this, man was still alone. So God created woman (yay!).

The purpose of mentioning the animals (created on day 5 and 6) were made out of the ground is that, man being made in God's image, had dominion over the animal, even though all were created from the dust of the ground. This is further supported by the fact Man named all the animals.

Point is, they are not separate stories or different accounts. They are the same story. Neither contradicts the other.

So adam and ever where first , then he made a bunch of other people as well? Then why not have done that from the start, rather then just make 2 and hope they dont sin? Was it the same with other animals he made 2 then said later more? Or did he just make all of them at once...And as I stated, then he killed off many of them, then had noah put them all on a big boat.....

OK 'pocket', pay close attention, because you obviously have NO idea what you're talking about.

The stories in the Bible, especially Genesis, originated before anyone had a written language, and were handed down through the oral tradition over centuries and generations, and were exclusively about that tribes own history, exclusive of all others unless their inclusion was essential to the story. Eventually, once the written laguage was invented, the stories were committed to stone, papyrus, and so on, and it is those translations of the stories that we have today.

Given these facts, are there errors in the Bible? Of course, just as there are errors in the "official" records of our own Civil War, so the Bible is not a perfect 'history', but it does convey the general story, and as the time line got closer and closer to the time of Jesus, there is more and more 'factual' and archeologically proven aspects to the stories. We know for a fact that the man we know as Jesus did in fact live, that he did in fact deliver his Gospels, that he did in fact mightily piss off the Scribes and Pharisees, that he was in fact arrested, that he was in fact tried by Pontius Pilote, that he was condemned to death, and he was in fact crucified. None of that is in question, as it was written about, at the time, and later documented by Josephus.

Now, if you're not a believer, that's entirely up to you and whatever "gods" you pray to, but this constant bashing of those who do believe is extremely tiring, and indicitive of intellectual dishonesty.

thats still incest

personaly I dont see how anyone can take the Bible as Literal...and make any sense at all of it.

The law of incest wasn't given until the time of Moses. There was no prohibition against incest at the time of Adam and Eve. Logically there would be no need of it, since genetic defects from incest does not appear until after a dozen or so generations.

There was Adam and Eve. They had sons and daughters. There were no other humans created from the dust. All are sons and daughters of Adam and Eve.

He created all animals on the 5th and 6th day. I do not see that it is explicitly stated either way as to the specific number of animals of each type created. I don't see that it's important either.

LOL!!!!!!! So....there was a mini-population-boom (in The Begining), but it was so insignificant, God decided it didn't need mentioned, huh?

Actually there was likely a major population boom. Given the conditions prior to the flood, that people lived to be 900 years old, even if you assume they were reproductive for only half their life time, and didn't have a first child until age 50, within the first generation, the population could easily hit into the billions.

That said, no it isn't exactly significant to the main points of the story. The Bible is not a historical chronological documentary. It is historical, but not for the purpose of giving a play by play of interesting pointless dates and times at which irrelevant things happened.

The God inspired Bible is to give us a accurate view of who we are, and where we came from, and what led to the situation we live in. To that end, the book of Genesis tells us all we need to know.

Yeah....we're much-better-off taking the word of people who insist they know what happened, when "humans" first walked-the-Planet. :rolleyes:

Odd since the other side of this discussion would claim they know what happened supposedly billions and billions of years ago. You take them on faith, but not this, and with no reason.

The law of incest wasn't given until the time of Moses. There was no prohibition against incest at the time of Adam and Eve. Logically there would be no need of it, since genetic defects from incest does not appear until after a dozen or so generations.

Abraham the father of the nation of Islam as well as Judaism was married to his half sister Sarah. It was not considered a big deal back then. Its not a big deal in some places even today :)

Odd since the other side of this discussion would claim they know what happened supposedly billions and billions of years ago. You take them on faith, but not this, and with no reason.

It's the hypocrisy of liberalism Andy. That's why Michael Savage calls liberalism a mental disorder. That's why Ann Coulter wrote a book entitled "If liberals had any brains, they'd be Republicans". That's why Ronald Reagan called their masters in Moscow the "Evil Empire", and that's why we've spent over 70 years fighting them, because they're just plain wrong, and everything they believe is anathama to America and the constitution.

Yes, the right wing American way is best.

Attack 50 countries since WW2 most of them democracies that were not attacking the US.

Get the poor at home to try to eat themselves to death

Let the ecopnomy run riot until it implodes and then steal money off the poor to give to the bankers.

Get a 3rd of the working population on less than $9 per hour

Steal the natural resources of other countries killing hundreds and thousands of their citizens

Spend trillions of dollars on war rather than give medical help to the poor

Etc

An example to us all

Dinkyrocksforbrains, I would ask you if you're on drugs, but it would be a rhetorical question. Carry on, you make me feel better and better about some of the people that I work with. It's good to know that they really aren't the dumbest people in the world.

I'm sure you can point to a medical/biological-document that supports that (Bush-style) science. :rolleyes:

Werbung:
Back