Palin says no to the Bridge , but only after saying yes, Keeps money

I don't know. Republican Senator Stevens IS under indictment. And "Miss Wasilla" has been all over helping him out and he her.

The fact is she did campaign for the bridge to nowhere before she saw it was going to go down and then, only then, voted against it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ortWIYini3k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wktt5aI68cg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAlNfK72hHc

There is nothng wrong with checking her out fully if she has connections to someone under indictment.

The funny part is libs only agree to that IF we are talking about a republican.

Tony Rezco was under indictment but the libs said your a racist if you mention obamas name who has very strong ties to Mr. Rezco

I say look close at both of them and nail both of them if they did something illegal, but not just her and leave the messiah alone. nail them both!

Werbung:
funny how obamessiah can be personal friends with an unrepentant domestic terrorist, supported by one of the worst presidents in our history, have close ties to an organization that promotes illegal immigration and voter fraud, and go to an anti-american anti-white church...................... and get away with it..

funny how obamessiah can be personal friends with an unrepentant domestic terrorist, supported by one of the worst presidents in our history, have close ties to an organization that promotes illegal immigration and voter fraud, and go to an anti-american anti-white church...................... and get away with it..

There is nothing illegal though much immoral about the things you listed, except for Tony Rezco.

He cant get into trouble or be fined for being a racist or for having a terrorist friend. I supose if anyone had the balls to check into the voter thing there could be charges brought up but I dont think that will ever happen to lord messiah.

But when the left pulls the palin should be investigated for knowing Stevens but they give at total pass to obama who has far more ties to tony rezco it is not only typical it is pretty pathetic.

There is nothing illegal though much immoral about the things you listed, except for Tony Rezco.

He cant get into trouble or be fined for being a racist or for having a terrorist friend. I supose if anyone had the balls to check into the voter thing there could be charges brought up but I dont think that will ever happen to lord messiah.

But when the left pulls the palin should be investigated for knowing Stevens but they give at total pass to obama who has far more ties to tony rezco it is not only typical it is pretty pathetic.

I didn't mean getting away with it in a legal sense. just that he isn't held responsible for anything

i live in a backwoods town in new york lol. and no........ i'm not bitter

I live in Eugene, Oregon

I am bitter. I cling to my guns and my religion every single time the government doesnt listen to me :)

Seriously ...... I am bitter at the government for trying to be my baby sitter and I would keep my faith in my Creator and also in my constitutional rights if my government did the job they were put here for (and they are not) or if they tried to be my nanny (and they do)

Nice to meet you.

I live in Eugene, Oregon

I am bitter. I cling to my guns and my religion every single time the government doesnt listen to me :)

Seriously ...... I am bitter at the government for trying to be my baby sitter and I would keep my faith in my Creator and also in my constitutional rights if my government did the job they were put here for (and they are not) or if they tried to be my nanny (and they do)

Nice to meet you.

nice to meet you too. It's not very often I find another conservative in new york so it's pretty refreshing to get on this forum every day and be reminded that not everyone's an idiot... and that some are lol. you definitely get both sides around here

No, but we CAN blame it on the STUPID media. Look, I've already gone all through that, WITH cites and sources, and the charges are pure BOVINE EXCREMENT, but then again, y'all can't be bothered with facts, when slander, defamation, and flat out LIES will work for the mindless minions and "useful idiots" of the Dim-O-Crap Party.

yea facts like all the ones you just stated...being zero

A few things about Palin from my Progressive Comrades over at the Peoples Cube:

By Red Square
* Environmental shocker: Palin's cat seen scratching claws on rare Alaskan pine tree
* Why a DUI is worse than cocaine use
* This just in: Palin's great great grandmother jumped line at Ellis Island
* Palin's dog caught rooting in neighbor's trash
* New York Times enters Guinness Book of Records by fitting 807,316 Palin stories on front page
* Media uncovers more Palin stories in one weekend than Obama stories in two years. Still no bias detected
* Obama and media agree to "don't ask don't tell" policy
* Obama: more experienced than Bristol Palin

I expect the MSM is already all over these juicy leads...

By Opiate of the People: "Palin not executive material" states Chris Matthews after she failed to make anything happen in his leg.

• By Na Zdravie
  • Piper Palin charged with tax fraud in "Lemonade Stand" scheme.
  • Palin insider admits candidate's eyeglasses are used as "cheaters."
  • Pitbull Palin smears Biden with lipstick in brutal hockey stick attack.
  • Riots continue at make-up counters as women flock to buy Palin-style lipstick.
  • Palin wears skirt at acceptance speech; Botox and pant suits hardest hit.

• By PILFWatch012
  • PETA: Lipstick on Pit bulls is cruelty to animals!
  • Bill Clinton: Keep the lipstick on the dipstick, where it belongs!

If Olbermann and Mathews weren't so busy, they'd be all over these headlines...
Obama_Jesus_Matthews_Olberm.jpg

yea facts like all the ones you just stated...being zero

So I'm supposed to take the time to list all of the reasons, facts, and cites as to why "Bridgegate" is BS in EVERY thread on the Forum just because you're too lazy to look in the other 3 or 4 threads where I've already posted it, or to even take the time to do some basic research on the subject to find out if you actually know WTF you're talking about or not?

What do you want me to do, hold your hand and walk you around showing you how to do basic research like you were a 5 year old on his first day in the Public Library?

Here's a BETTER idea, why don't we have the Mods and Admin to a bit of housecleaning, and create a "Palin" sub-Forum, with it's own "Bridgegate" thread, and put it all in there so that you won't get so confused having to look it up HERE, HERE, and HERE.

Now, if you need more information to PROVE that Palin isn't in any way responsible for the bridge debacle, you can always read up on the FACTS as published in the Anchorage and Juneau papers, like I did.

Anchorage Daily News said:
The bridge was intended to provide access to Ketchikan's airport on lightly populated Gravina Island, opening up new territory for expansion at the same time. Alaska's congressional delegation endured withering criticism for earmarking $223 million for Ketchikan and a similar amount for a crossing of Knik Arm at Anchorage.

Congress eventually removed the earmark language but the money still went to Alaska, leaving it up to the administration of then-Gov. Frank Murkowski to decide whether to go ahead with the bridges or spend the money on something else.
One year later, Ketchikan's Republican leaders said they were blindsided by Palin's decision to pull the plug.

Palin spokeswoman Sharon Leighow said Saturday that as projected costs for the Ketchikan bridge rose to nearly $400 million, administration officials were telling Ketchikan that the project looked less likely. Local leaders shouldn't have been surprised when Palin announced she was turning to less-costly alternatives, Leighow said. Indeed, Leighow produced a report quoting Palin, late in the governor's race, indicating she would also consider alternatives to a bridge.

Now you tell me this, if Congress had killed an earmark for $223 million for the bridge, but given the money back to Alaska under the Murkowski administration, over a year before she even ran for Governor, and the bridge costs had grown to nearly $400 million for the bridge, how is that HER fault? How is it "flip-flopping" if the previous administration SQUANDERED the money on other projects, leaving her with no choice but to abandon the project?

Juneau Empire said:
Palin team sees low morale in Southeast
Road projects fuel strife in transportation sector, advisors say

By PAT FORGEY JUNEAU EMPIRE

Gov. Sarah Palin must deal with serious morale problems in the Southeast Region of the Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, according to a report from her transition team.

The problems stem from former Gov. Frank Murkowski's attempts to rush two controversial road projects in the last days of his administration, the 12-member team said.

The investigators found "great employee strife and conflict over these projects impacting overall morale," in Southeast.

The team's results, a six-inch thick stack of documents, were issued Dec. 19 but made public on Friday in response to public-records requests. They touched on Murkowski's last days in office.

At the time, the Transportation Department was trying to begin work on a project linking Juneau to the nation's highway system with a road along Lynn Canal to a shuttle ferry connecting with Haines and Skagway at the Katzehin River.

Murkowski's administration rushed to get the project moving without adequate funding or permits. Eventually, it called for bids on a "pioneer road," segments of a gravel road without bridges that would have ended at the Kensington Mine, 45 air miles north of Juneau.

That project, enmeshed in legal and regulatory controversy, was canceled by Palin soon after she took office. More work needs to be done to restore the department's credibility, according to the report.

Murkowski, who's traveling around the world, could not be reached for comment.

Both the Juneau road and the Ketchikan Gravina Island Bridge project, known by its detractors as the "Bridge to Nowhere," drew criticism in the report.

"Statewide, these two projects are seen as a severe drain on resources that would otherwise be assigned to heavily used commercial and passenger routes," the report said.

The team said federal earmarks in Congressional appropriations trump all other priorities, including those in the State Transportation Improvement Plan, and the state suffers as a result.

CNN said:
...The $398 million bridge would have connected Ketchikan, on one island in southeastern Alaska, to its airport on another nearby island.

Gov. Sarah Palin said Friday the project was $329 million short of full funding.

"We will continue to look for options for Ketchikan to allow better access to the island," the Republican governor said. "The concentration is not going to be on a $400 million bridge."

Palin directed state transportation officials to find the most "fiscally responsible" alternative for access to the airport. She said the best option would be to upgrade the ferry system. ...

What the CNN article fails to include in it's summary of Palins statement (in full HERE) is the following;

Alaska DOT said:
September 21, 2007, Juneau, Alaska - Governor Sarah Palin today directed the Department of Transportation and Public Facilities to look for the most fiscally responsible alternative for access to the Ketchikan airport and Gravina Island instead of proceeding any further with the proposed $398 million bridge.

"Ketchikan desires a better way to reach the airport, but the $398 million bridge is not the answer," said Governor Palin. "Despite the work of our congressional delegation, we are $329 million short of full funding for the bridge project, and it's clear that Congress has little interest in spending any more money on a bridge between Ketchikan and Gravina Island," Governor Palin added. "Much of the public's attitude toward Alaska bridges is based on inaccurate portrayals of the projects here. But we need to focus on what we can do, rather than fight over what has happened." The Department of Transportation has approximately $36 million in federal funds that will become available for other projects with the shutdown of the Gravina Island bridge project. Governor Palin has Commissioner Leo von Scheben to review transportation projects statewide to prepare a list of possible uses for the funds, while the department also looks for a more affordable answer for Gravina Island access.

Oh, and just to rub some salt into the wounds I've inflicted on all of the Libs who have been complaining that Palin didn't do enought about "the bridge", or was somehow "flip-flopping" on it, weeeelllllll it would appear that both Obastard and Obiden voted NO to diverting the funding for the bridge, to the clean up and rebuilding in the aftermath of Katrina and Rita!! Seems that they thought that a bridge in Alaska to serve a community of 7,000 was more important than an 5 States that had just been devastated by one of the most powerful hurricanes to ever strike the US. :mad::mad:

SOURCE

Oh, and just to rub some salt into the wounds I've inflicted on all of the Libs who have been complaining that Palin didn't do enought about "the bridge", or was somehow "flip-flopping" on it, weeeelllllll it would appear that both Obastard and Obiden voted NO to diverting the funding for the bridge, to the clean up and rebuilding in the aftermath of Katrina and Rita!! Seems that they thought that a bridge in Alaska to serve a community of 7,000 was more important than an 5 States that had just been devastated by one of the most powerful hurricanes to ever strike the US. :mad::mad:

SOURCE

Well that will be ignored :)

good job finding that. Don't you just love all the little nuggets out there to dig up :)

Personal question FF

Did you like Huckaby?

Well that will be ignored :)

good job finding that. Don't you just love all the little nuggets out there to dig up :)

Personal question FF

Did you like Huckaby?

I really do like Mike. The biggest qualification for POTUS, to me, is previous ACCOMPLISHED Executive Experience, and Mike did a GREAT job of turning Arkansas around after Bill Clinton and Jim Guy Tucker raped that poor state. I got to meet him a few times while visiting relatives in Little Rock (and surrounding areas), and he's a genuinely nice man, smart, articulate, thoughtful, and most importantly (at least for the job) CONSERVATIVE. That is not to say that we agree on everything, but as former Mayor Ed Koch (NYC) said, if you agree with me on 7 out of 10 things, vote for me, if you agree with me on 10 out of 10 things, go see a shrink!

Werbung:
I really do like Mike. The biggest qualification for POTUS, to me, is previous ACCOMPLISHED Executive Experience, and Mike did a GREAT job of turning Arkansas around after Bill Clinton and Jim Guy Tucker raped that poor state. I got to meet him a few times while visiting relatives in Little Rock (and surrounding areas), and he's a genuinely nice man, smart, articulate, thoughtful, and most importantly (at least for the job) CONSERVATIVE. That is not to say that we agree on everything, but as former Mayor Ed Koch (NYC) said, if you agree with me on 7 out of 10 things, vote for me, if you agree with me on 10 out of 10 things, go see a shrink!

I liked him a lot when I first saw his ads. Get rid of the IRS, he was proud to talk about his faith and would defend faith based people.

but then I felt like he attacked Romney. and the lower in the polls he got the more he tried to drag Romney down with him and now we are stuck with McCain. So now I am just so darn mad at him.

But my being mad at him is all about how I felt he treated Mitt Romney in the primary. In general you are right, he is nice and funny and articulate. I just dont know If I can get over the primary :)

Back