Palin steps down as governor

You are a Statist. Call me a Statist all you like but I'm the one who is arguing that we need to reduce the size, power and scope of federal government while you spend all your time arguing for the exact opposite.

It's all about what we cut and what gets increased. I could come up with many things to cut. In general I'm for keeping a moderately sized military, not a huge one. I'd cut most cash give outs to other nations, etc.

Really the only thing new that I'm looking forward to seeing is Universal Healthcare. And the reason for that is easy. Healthcare is very close to if not a monoploy. There is no real competition between providers as it is so there is no real way to shop for savings. And if you fall ill or get hurt bad enough that you lose your job you loose your health insurance soon after that, and that leads to families loosing everything including their homes.

Its not the cost, its the centralization of power. You are the one who is never satisfied with the control government has over our lives and continually calls for the government to have even greater power.

Again not true. I've often complained in this forum about the idea that you can't just make a law every time something bad happens to somebody. I'm against seatbelt & helmet laws for adults. I think .08 is too low for a drunk driving arrest. I've had problems with the so called "Patriot Act" from the start and so on...

I've been saying that for years. You are the one who supports bailouts of companies that are "too big to fail" and the subsidization of companies that couldn't exist inside a truly free market economy.

Well there's another side to that coin you fail to present. I'm fine with not bailing out any company if that's the chosen path and it is prepared for on that basis. But that means the government must step in just like they did in anti-trust monopoly cases and force breakups or set a high stress test standard to remain huge so that no companies failing has the ability to severely damage our economy.

You can't just say let them grow unregulated and then when they fail that's just their tough luck. Because it's not just their tough luck... it affects entire sectors when huge companies fail.

The Holocaust was a government program. No such program has ever been created by "robber barons".

There's not going to be an American Holocaust. But there could be a financial system set up so in favor of big corporations that the workers of America would be far less protected than they are today and at the complete mercy of powerful greedy businessmen.

YOU SAID THE SECRET WORD!!!!
I never mentioned Satan, you did.

Good vs Evil... God vs Satan.:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by GenSeneca
I don't want to drink any poison. You want me to drink a half gallon of poison. You think those on your side who want me to drink a full gallon of poison have an extreme position, that my viewpoint is also an extreme position and you praise as "Moderate" those who are willing to Compromise and drink a glass of poison.

This is the problem with compromise between Good and Evil, Evil wins... With your political philosophy, Statism, and my political philosophy, Non-Statism, any compromise results in Statism winning.

Werbung:
Back