Palin to pray away gays!

PALIN WITH HER CRUCIFIX AND GUN GOT STEINEM IN THE CLOSET WITH HER BLOODY HAMMER
Christian women morally corrupted by Steinem are redeemed by Palin. This ongoing struggle in the Holy Cultural War, Christians against Neo-Marxists, exemplifies the eternal struggle between good and evil. Because the sacrilegious sacrificial killing of over 45 million children by their Christian mothers was politically instigated by Steinem, she is now condemned to burn at the stake.

Werbung:
Dr Who.

I owe you an apology.

Having read all the answers you put forward in the last two posts, I applied logic and reason to the content of your posts, the same reason and logic that I rather rudely, if I am entirely honest, earlier asked you to apply to mine.

After digesting your answers methodically, I came to the conclusion that I have in fact been wholly unfair. You are correct, I took a completely panoptical stance regarding the subject matter, letting the long term distaste, anger and frustration I feel toward organised religion overall completely cloud my judgment and that was wrong.

At the time I really felt that you were being unreasonable, but when I began to think rationally, it became obvious it was I being unreasonable and blinkered.

When I allowed myself to look at your posts for what they actually said, instead of what I thought they said and actually wanted them to say, so to speak, using my more normal rational and unbiased manner, I quickly realised this. You have been reasonable, I have not.

I still think that organised religion bears more than a little responsibility for the way some elements of society are derided and condemned, not just Gays.

But and a very big but, I was unfair to assume that I knew exactly what you were personally thinking and feeling, unfair to automatically assume that you condone some organised religions continuance of a ridiculous piece of biblical law, or that your compassion for anyone was, or is in fact false. I did stereotype you.

That was wrong of me. No insult was intended.

This is such a nice post, I wish that I was confident that I would give such a reply If I felt I misunderstood someone. If not before I feel like I have a great example for the future :)

Thank you!

Dr Who.

I owe you an apology.

Having read all the answers you put forward in the last two posts, I applied logic and reason to the content of your posts, the same reason and logic that I rather rudely, if I am entirely honest, earlier asked you to apply to mine.

After digesting your answers methodically, I came to the conclusion that I have in fact been wholly unfair. You are correct, I took a completely panoptical stance regarding the subject matter, letting the long term distaste, anger and frustration I feel toward organised religion overall completely cloud my judgment and that was wrong.

At the time I really felt that you were being unreasonable, but when I began to think rationally, it became obvious it was I being unreasonable and blinkered.

When I allowed myself to look at your posts for what they actually said, instead of what I thought they said and actually wanted them to say, so to speak, using my more normal rational and unbiased manner, I quickly realised this. You have been reasonable, I have not.

I still think that organised religion bears more than a little responsibility for the way some elements of society are derided and condemned, not just Gays.

But and a very big but, I was unfair to assume that I knew exactly what you were personally thinking and feeling, unfair to automatically assume that you condone some organised religions continuance of a ridiculous piece of biblical law, or that your compassion for anyone was, or is in fact false. I did stereotype you.

Impressive. I admit it was confusing to me, since it was almost like you were replying to something I wasn't seeing.

Dr Who.

I owe you an apology.

You can be a role model for us all. I know from experience how hard it can be to post something like that.

And Yes I agree that organized religion is a big part of the problem. Perhaps we can work together to fix the problem. I would like the bigots to change their tune probably as much as you do. You will no doubt find yourself coming up against these people and I have an insiders point of view and access to some indepth knowledge of the greatly misinterpreted bible.

This thread has me wondering about something.

Homosexuality is just about as hot a topic as abortion is. Some in this thread thought praying for homosexuals was wrong.

I wonder how those who felt it was wrong to pray for homosexuals feel about praying for women who have had abortions and praying for babies who were aborted.

I have prayed many times for various women who have gone through abortions and I have also prayed for children who were killed in abortions.

Is this also unacceptable?

Why, did you expect god to resurrect them?

I am guessing that if you did it probably wasn't the most fruitful of activities.

If I have a headache and put a red hat on when leaving the house and then the headache goes away would it be reasonable to say that red hats cure headaches?

This kind of reasoning is how those who advocate the power of prayer justify their view.

This thread has me wondering about something.

Homosexuality is just about as hot a topic as abortion is. Some in this thread thought praying for homosexuals was wrong.

I wonder how those who felt it was wrong to pray for homosexuals feel about praying for women who have had abortions and praying for babies who were aborted.

I have prayed many times for various women who have gone through abortions and I have also prayed for children who were killed in abortions.

Is this also unacceptable?

I pray for people who have been in car accidents when I am driving past.

If I have a headache and put a red hat on when leaving the house and then the headache goes away would it be reasonable to say that red hats cure headaches?

This kind of reasoning is how those who advocate the power of prayer justify their view.

If you are looking for a naturalistic explanation then it would be simple to do a test of that hypothesis.

If you have reason to think that there would be a supernatural explanation then the situation becomes more complicated.

I pray for people who have been in car accidents when I am driving past.

Me too, But I wonder if the people who were offended by Sarah Palin's church praying for homosexuals would feel the same way about people who have had abortions or children killed in abortions.

You are a nice guy who probably thinks praying for anyone is a good idea. I would not have expected you to say it was wrong, but I am very curious about those who were against praying for homosexuals.. what do they think about it.

I am glad you pray. I wish we all had a mindset to do it.

Perhaps we need to remember the gay bashers out there, those who have an irrational hatred of gay people, in our prayers and ask god to enlighten their narrow minds and expand their souls to accept people who are different from themselves.

That would seem to me to be a good Christian thing to do, don't you think?

Christians preach love but are full of hate.

Thy preach peace but love war.

They preach truth but spread lies.

They preach enlightenment but practise bigotry

They preach poverty but steal from the poor

They preach life but love killing

And they preach compassion but tell people they will burn forever for thinking the wrong way

Don't you just love 'em?

No

Christians preach love but are full of hate.

Thy preach peace but love war.

They preach truth but spread lies.

They preach enlightenment but practise bigotry

They preach poverty but steal from the poor

They preach life but love killing

And they preach compassion but tell people they will burn forever for thinking the wrong way

Don't you just love 'em?

No

Ah, yes, more offensive generalizations. We expected no better of you.

Werbung:
Back