Palin's AG resigns under fire

Popeye

The fallout from Troopergate goes on... Todd Palin found in contempt by the Alaskan state senate, the AG forced to resign ...meanwhile Palin continues to make excuses for her abuse of power which ignited this whole thing.

Alaska Attorney General Talis Colberg has resigned in the wake of state legislators blasting his performance during the "Troopergate" investigation.

Colberg has been at the center of controversy over his handling of the so-called "Troopergate" investigation. Two weeks ago, he was grilled and sharply criticized by legislators for trying to block legislative subpoenas to state officials during the inquiry into whether Palin abused power in complaints against a state trooper and her dismissal of former Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan.

The state Senate on Friday found the governor's husband, Todd, and nine Palin aides in contempt for failing to show up when ordered by subpoena to testify in the Legislature's "Troopergate" investigation.

http://www.adn.com/monegan/story/685642.html

Werbung:
Its not a surprise to most in Alaska. I saw the writing on the wall, one thing I give her credit for is the ability to throw someone under the bus, while smiling and complimenting them. The other interesting thing to note, is that Todd right now is in the middle of the Iron Dog snogo race. He is in 9th place right now, on his way to Shaktoolik. He is about four hours behind the leaders, which will be into Nome within a couple hours. Todd and his partner Scott Davis will reach Nome sometime this evening.

Its not a surprise to most in Alaska. I saw the writing on the wall, one thing I give her credit for is the ability to throw someone under the bus, while smiling and complimenting them. The other interesting thing to note, is that Todd right now is in the middle of the Iron Dog snogo race. He is in 9th place right now, on his way to Shaktoolik. He is about four hours behind the leaders, which will be into Nome within a couple hours. Todd and his partner Scott Davis will reach Nome sometime this evening.

Is he behind in the race because his wife has the ability to throw someone under the bus, while smiling and complimenting them? or is there another reason he is behind?

Werbung:
Is he behind in the race because his wife has the ability to throw someone under the bus, while smiling and complimenting them? or is there another reason he is behind?

LOL, nah, and actually I am hoping he does win. Keep in mind that his partner, Scott Davis is a family friend of mine, known Scott for over 20 years. I first met Todd about 15 years ago. Granted I was fairly young at that point, but both of them are world class riders.
Most of the focus lately when it comes to riding snogos (as we call them in western AK) has been based on tricks while riding. But in terms of absolute skill in handling a sled, Todd Palin is among the best in the world. No question.

My mentioning it was more as something to quit talking about troopergate. Personally I am tired of dealing with it. Now that Talis is gone, hopefully the issue can end and the Governor and her administration has learned a very important lesson on what is acceptable in Alaskan politics.

Back