Palin's book bombs in the Bay Area..

Popeye

I grew up in the Bay Area (Santa Clara Co.) and the people there are indeed, as one bookseller describes, "thinking people"...It's noticeably short of rednecks too, so it should be no surprise that Palin's book has attracted little interest..

The new autobiography by moose hunter and failed vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is harder to find in the Bay Area than a hockey mom. Some bookstores figure it's one of those grit-your-teeth First Amendment deals that principled booksellers must put up with from time to time.

But many nonchain bookstores won't handle it.

"Our customers are thinking people," said Nathan Embretson, a bookseller at Pendragon Books in Oakland. "They're not into reading drivel."

There's not a single copy on the shelf. Embretson said no one has asked for it except for one guy, who was kidding.

"He said he wanted to look at it but he also said he didn't really want to read it," Embretson said. "Anyway, he certainly didn't want to buy it. I think he regarded looking at it as a kind of punishment."

There are no copies of the book at Cover to Cover Booksellers in Noe Valley, either.

"Anything like that we wouldn't carry," said clerk Emily Stackhouse. "We're a small store and it would probably gross us all out. Some things you carry because of freedom of speech, but a book like that is just gross."

One customer did put in a special request for the book one evening but, perhaps thinking better in the light of day, failed to show up and actually pay money for it, Stackhouse said.

Sheryl Cotleur, the head buyer for Book Passage, which operates stores in Corte Madera and San Francisco, said the two stores have sold exactly two copies of the book. That works out to one copy per store. Cotleur said two other people have asked to look at the book but no one else has asked to buy it.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/11/19/DDHJ1AMAC3.DTL#ixzz0XK9mOaUM

Werbung:
Don't look, now, but....she's drawing HUGE crowds, everywhere ELSE!!!
(At least, that's what FAUX Noise is saying......)

GO TO VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I grew up in the Bay Area (Santa Clara Co.) and the people there are indeed, as one bookseller describes, "thinking people"...It's noticeably short of rednecks too, so it should be no surprise that Palin's book has attracted little interest..

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/11/19/DDHJ1AMAC3.DTL#ixzz0XK9mOaUM

"Moose hunter and failed Vice-Presidential candidate" is how they refer to her?

Seems to be just another worthless drive-by piece by a paper that sells fewer copies than Palin's book has.

Seems to be just another worthless drive-by piece by a paper that sells fewer copies than Palin's book has.
Gee....drive-by-factoids vs. bogus/trumped-up sales-stats.

How tactful, of you.

:rolleyes:

Gee....drive-by-factoids vs. bogus/trumped-up sales-stats.

How tactful, of you.

So in your opinion a look at book sales in one small area translate into an accurate picture of countrywide sales?

That is like saying, well McCain won Texas, so he really won the election.

So in your opinion a look at book sales in one small area translate into an accurate picture of countrywide sales?
No....I'm saying you provided ZERO-stats!!

BigRob said:
She's flyin' on fumes, anyhow.

Better stand-back when she starts rollin'-over. Ya' wouldn't want to get any, on you.

No....I'm saying you provided ZERO-stats!!

I provided zero stats? All I said was the sales numbers in such a limited area is meaningless when looking at an overall picture. Surely you can agree with that.

She's flyin' on fumes, anyhow.

Better stand-back when she starts rollin'-over. Ya' wouldn't want to get any, on you.

I don't care what Palin is doing, I really do not even like her all that much. My point is that the story from the paper is worthless. Like I said, it would be akin to me looking at the vote counts in Texas and saying because of that McCain is really the President.​

Yeah....we barely know the real Sarah......​

"The book’s biggest surprise is Palin’s wide-eyed infatuation with show-business celebrities. You get nearly as much face time with Tina Fey and the cast of “Saturday Night Live” in “Going Rogue” as you do with John McCain. We learn how happy Palin was to receive calls from Bono and Warren Beatty “to share ideas and insights.”
528.gif
We wade through star-struck lists of campaign cameos by Robert Duvall, Jon Voight (who “blew us away”), Naomi Judd, Gary Sinise and Kelsey Grammer, among many others. Then there are the acknowledgments at the book’s end, where Palin reveals that her intimacy with media stars is such that she can air-kiss them on a first-name basis, from Greta to Laura to Rush."

Gee.....how thrilling......

300,000 books sold the first day. Wow!

I love how the liberals hate her. Typically irrational.

And that crazy at the Huffpo wants a separate category for conservative authors because the libs have a hard time competing. :)

I provided zero stats? All I said was the sales numbers in such a limited area is meaningless when looking at an overall picture. Surely you can agree with that.
So.....when you said:​

....your premise was meaningless, huh?

Why'd you bother?

Havin' a Palin-style Desperate-For-Relevancy-moment, there, were you??

So.....when you said:

....your premise was meaningless, huh?

Why'd you bother?

Havin' a Palin-style Desperate-For-Relevancy-moment, there, were you??

It is no secret that the newspaper that was linked in the story is on the verge of bankruptcy...

Werbung:
Back