Palin's Downfall Will Begin Soon, Very Soon!!

Ok people, I am sure the media will pick up on this crazy, crazy Palin story. Everybody knows Palin was mayor of Wasilla, Alaska from 1996 - 2002. Well according to an article in the The Frontiersman, Wasilla's local newspaper, Palin allowed the city of Wasilla to charge rape victims for their own forensics tests! This article was published in the year 2000, 8 years before she became the VP pick so to all who will say this is just a smear, it ain't. The article mentions that most Alaskan municipalities would pick up the cost of the test for victims, but Wasilla didn't. Wasilla city officials claimed they wanted lower taxes and didn't want to 'burden' taxpayers with having to support victims of rape. It would've cost the city $5,000 to $14,000 to pay for the rape victims' medical exams. So what did Palin do, eh she went ahead and agreed to let the Wasilla Police Department charge victims for their forensics test. Boy I tell you, this Palin is something else and that is the reason why I believe the McCain campaign is hiding her from taking any questions. How can she charge women who have been raped for exams?

Anyhow, here is the article.
Sarah Palin: Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska from 1996-2002
Article published on May 22, 2000

Link:
http://www.frontiersman.com/articles...05/23/news.txt

An excerpt from the article:
While the Alaska State Troopers and most municipal police agencies have covered the cost of exams, which cost between $300 to $1,200 apiece, the Wasilla police department does charge the victims of sexual assault for the tests.

Werbung:
Ok people, I am sure the media will pick up on this crazy, crazy Palin story. Everybody knows Palin was mayor of Wasilla, Alaska from 1996 - 2002. Well according to an article in the The Frontiersman, Wasilla's local newspaper, Palin allowed the city of Wasilla to charge rape victims for their own forensics tests! This article was published in the year 2000, 8 years before she became the VP pick so to all who will say this is just a smear, it ain't. The article mentions that most Alaskan municipalities would pick up the cost of the test for victims, but Wasilla didn't. Wasilla city officials claimed they wanted lower taxes and didn't want to 'burden' taxpayers with having to support victims of rape. It would've cost the city $5,000 to $14,000 to pay for the rape victims' medical exams. So what did Palin do, eh she went ahead and agreed to let the Wasilla Police Department charge victims for their forensics test. Boy I tell you, this Palin is something else and that is the reason why I believe the McCain campaign is hiding her from taking any questions. How can she charge women who have been raped for exams?

Anyhow, here is the article.
Sarah Palin: Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska from 1996-2002
Article published on May 22, 2000

Link:
http://www.frontiersman.com/articles...05/23/news.txt

An excerpt from the article:

Give it up. :rolleyes: People have gotten bored with all these fake anti-Palin stories du jour - they're not listening to you any more. :D

Give it up. :rolleyes: People have gotten bored with all these fake anti-Palin stories du jour - they're not listening to you any more. :D

How is it fake? The story was published in May of 2000. We are in 2008. She was mayor and allowed the Police Department charge rape victims. I provided a link to the article. Take time and read before you post up silly replies.

Do you even have a basic comprehension of the ENGLISH LANGUAGE??

The article CLEARLY states;
Wasilla Police Chief Charlie Fannon does not agree with the new legislation, saying the law will require the city and communities to come up with more funds to cover the costs of the forensic exams.

In the past weve charged the cost of exams to the victims insurance company when possible. I just dont want to see any more burden put on the taxpayer, Fannon said.

According to Fannon, the new law will cost the Wasilla Police Department approximately $5,000 to $14,000 a year to collect evidence for sexual assault cases.

Why should the City, ANY City have to pick up the tab when the victim has INSURANCE?? If they don't have insurance, fine, let the City pick up the tab, and then charge the perp once he's been convicted of the crime, but this is just more BS because of people like you not having the intellectual wherewithall to UNDERSTAND PLAIN ENGLISH!!!

Something else is wrong here. She did two terms as Mayor then went straight to her current job, and has been at her current job for 2 years. Those dates dont look right to me.

they had rape in that tiny pea town? shocking! and she didnt pay for it even when they had insurance?

Werbung:
Something else is wrong here. She did two terms as Mayor then went straight to her current job, and has been at her current job for 2 years. Those dates dont look right to me.
The dates are right and the story correct. She spent nearly 2 years as an oil and gas commissioner, in the time between holding those offices.

they had rape in that tiny pea town? shocking! and she didnt pay for it even when they had insurance?
I dont think anyone would disagree with the insurance paying for it, but youll notice the article and quote said "when possible" those without insurance were still stuck with the bill until the State made the move to make it law.
Sexual assault certainly does happen in Wasilla and well probably every community in America. Its a sad tragic occurrance, and sticking an already probably poor person who was been victimized with the bill certainly was one of a few bruises on the Palin term as Mayor. It wasnt all bad, but this is one of them.

Back