Palin's new book full of lies

Popeye

The AP obtained an advanced copy of Palin's ridiculous new book and did a little fact checking. The conclusion..Palin's book is full of lies, embellishments and outright stupidity. In other words, the white trash of America will love it.

Here are just a few examples..

PALIN: Says she made frugality a point when traveling on state business as Alaska governor, asking ''only'' for reasonably priced rooms and not ''often'' going for the ''high-end, robe-and-slippers'' hotels.

THE FACTS: Although travel records indicate she usually opted for less-pricey hotels while governor, Palin and daughter Bristol stayed five days and four nights at the $707.29-per-night Essex House luxury hotel (robes and slippers come standard) overlooking New York City's Central Park for a five-hour women's leadership conference in October 2007. With air fare, the cost to Alaska was well over $3,000. Event organizers said Palin asked if she could bring her daughter. The governor billed her state more than $20,000 for her children's travel, including to events where they had not been invited, and in some cases later amended expense reports to specify that they had been on official business.

PALIN: She says her team overseeing the development of a natural gas pipeline set up an open, competitive bidding process that allowed any company to compete for the right to build a 1,715-mile pipeline to bring natural gas from Alaska to the Lower 48.

THE FACTS: Palin characterized the pipeline deal the same way before an AP investigation found her team crafted terms that favored only a few independent pipeline companies and ultimately benefited a company with ties to her administration, TransCanada Corp. Despite promises and legal guidance not to talk directly with potential bidders during the process, Palin had meetings or phone calls with nearly every major candidate, including TransCanada.

PALIN: Writes about a city councilman in Wasilla, Alaska, who owned a garbage truck company and tried to push through an ordinance requiring residents of new subdivisions to pay for trash removal instead of taking it to the dump for free -- this to illustrate conflicts of interest she stood against as a public servant.

THE FACTS: As Wasilla mayor, Palin pressed for a special zoning exception so she could sell her family's $327,000 house, then did not keep a promise to remove a potential fire hazard on the property.

She asked the city council to loosen rules for snow machine races when she and her husband owned a snow machine store, and cast a tie-breaking vote to exempt taxes on aircraft when her father-in-law owned one. But she stepped away from the table in 1997 when the council considered a grant for the Iron Dog snow machine race in which her husband competes.

PALIN: Describing her resistance to federal stimulus money, Palin describes Alaska as a practical, libertarian haven of independent Americans who don't want ''help'' from government busybodies.

THE FACTS: Alaska is also one of the states most dependent on federal subsidies, receiving much more assistance from Washington than it pays in federal taxes. A study for the nonpartisan Tax Foundation found that in 2005, the state received $1.84 for every dollar it sent to Washington.

PALIN: Says she tried to talk about national security and energy independence in her interview with Vogue magazine but the interviewer wanted her to pivot from hydropower to high fashion.

THE FACTS are somewhat in dispute. Vogue contributing editor Rebecca Johnson said Palin did not go on about hydropower. ''She just kept talking about drilling for oil.''

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/200...-Palin-Book-Fact-Check.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

Werbung:
Come on now...what did you expect? She's a real class act and the truth isn't important to her and when she travels she expects the very best...her dog & pony show is 'WORTH' the cost to all of her supporters;)

RIGHT...ISN'T THAT WHAT ALL SOCCER MOMS DO FOR THE TEAM :eek:

The AP obtained an advanced copy of Palin's ridiculous new book and did a little fact checking. The conclusion..Palin's book is full of lies, embellishments and outright stupidity.
....i.e., a re-run of her Vice Prez efforts.

Hey, whatta ya' gonna DO, when all o' that "conservative"-rhetoric is STILL echoing inside that MASSIVE-space between her ears????

....i.e., a re-run of her Vice Prez efforts.​

Hey, whatta ya' gonna DO, when all o' that "conservative"-rhetoric is STILL echoing inside that MASSIVE-space between her ears????

My suggestion would be...staple come ear muffs to her cardboard head so all of that sh!t doesn't just roll out of her ears and wrap a muff around her mouth so that she can't be understood through the muffler...good grief spare us her stupid dribble...she's certifiable, yet real purrty to look at!!! :rolleyes: LMAO

I heard it was picture book.:D

What it really is... it's a continuation of the old Palin bashing those not exactly like her or that didn't do exactly what she wanted.

This just now also includes John McCain and company.

She's on a money making tour plain & simple and has such an ego that she needs the attention.

But she still is what she is, and that is...

Im going to read the book myself before I really pass judgement. The claims being made are a little nitpicky in my opinion. So im taking a wait and see attitude here.

Im going to read the book myself before I really pass judgement. The claims being made are a little nitpicky in my opinion. So im taking a wait and see attitude here.

WHY Buntz ? , why read her book? YOU cannot DELETE her truthful thoughts as you DELETE post that you personally dislike.
I mean , you only want Sarah Palin to express ideas "according to Buntz", huh?
That is totally UNAMERICAN, NO FREE SPEECH ALLOWED , right? or should I say "left".

I hear Sarah Palin's book is already a best seller.
http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCandidateFeed7/idUSTRE5905X220091001

Apparently the good people
of America want to read it. The more people talk about Sarah, the richer she becomes I guess, since it will somehow translate into book sales.
As usual, Liberal policies usually backfire.

You just can't keep a good woman down.

Come on ASUR...we've already been down that road of 'MISS INFORMATION'...her book was bought up by the thousands on 'RIGHT LEANING' media outlets: NEWSMAX.com they are pushing her book like a new version of the bible for just subscribing to their publications...so don't ASSume that the book has a real following just because there were so many 'PRE-ORDERS' ;)

WHY Buntz ? , why read her book? YOU cannot DELETE her truthful thoughts as you DELETE post that you personally dislike.
That is totally UNAMERICAN, NO FREE SPEECH ALLOWED , right? or should I say "left".

I took you off of the IGNORE OPTION {wrongly so} with the 'HOPE' that you were going to make an attempt to discuss things in an adult manner. No one forces you to post here, no one forces you to open an account here, no one forces you to be self inflicted STUPID either but you seem HELL BENT ON PUSHING THIS ISSUE OF DELETED POSTS...:mad:

GET OVER IT OR GET OFF...YOU ARE NOW BACK ON MY IGNORE LIST. BYE-BYE

I hear Sarah Palin's book is already a best seller.
http://www.reuters.com/article/vcCandidateFeed7/idUSTRE5905X220091001

Apparently the good people
of America want to read it. The more people talk about Sarah, the richer she becomes I guess, since it will somehow translate into book sales.
As usual, Liberal policies usually backfire.

You just can't keep a good woman down.

Well of course it's a best seller.:D

Personal vendetta attack type books by public figures just like sex related books are often "best sellers".

Hell Mark Sanford could write a book tomorrow about his trips to South America and it would probably be a best seller.

People should read it. Since a lot of it has already been called complete hogwash by the McCain camp I think the public should see that.

Miss Wasilla is a little bitter but she has every right to hock her book. That's America.

Come on ASUR...we've already been down that road of 'MISS INFORMATION'...her book was bought up by the thousands on 'RIGHT LEANING' media outlets: NEWSMAX.com they are pushing her book like a new version of the bible for just subscribing to their publications...so don't ASSume that the book has a real following just because there were so many 'PRE-ORDERS' ;)

LOL,LOL , WOW!! The RADICAL LEFT announces a BIG SECRET!! PALIN'S BOOK is being PURCHASED by her SUPPORTERS!! , My God , why is that WRONG? Did you read slick willies book , "Down on the CARPET" , no?, see, even the radical left will not buy truth from their own-- lol,lol

Uncalled for.

Bunz has always given Sarah Palin the benefit of the doubt and hates it when she makes Alaska (his home) look bad.

He's a fair and very long time Mod. I remember before he saw that it was just something in the media that I was simply repeating him getting on me the first time I called Palin "Caribou Barbie". Because he thought it was a slam on Alaska. And the Mods here have warned several on the Left over the years. The difference may be some are willing to back it off a little to comply and some will not.

Just a thought because I see an "attack the Mods trend starting here". It's unlikely the one can attack their way into posting against the rules.

Just a thought...

Werbung:
Get a life liberals, she hasn't run for president yet.
Your hatred of someone like Palin is pretty revealing.

The libs even are running their own version of her book, to try and ruin her success
and piggyback off of hers.

http://shelf-life.ew.com/2009/10/21/going-rouge-palin-basher-lookalike/

Obviously libs can't come up with an original idea, so they steal Palin's.
Now go figure!

And you wonder why we now have 17% unemployment in the US?
Look who is in charge!

Back