Patraeus Predictable

Werbung:
Petraeus Out of Step With US Top Brass

Gareth Porter: "In sharp contrast to the lionization of General David Petraeus by members of the US Congress during his testimony this week, Petraeus's superior, Admiral William Fallon, chief of the Central Command (Centcom), derided Petraeus as a sycophant during their first meeting in Baghdad in March, according to Pentagon sources familiar with reports of the meeting. Fallon told Petraeus that he considered him to be 'an ass-kissing little chicken****' and added, 'I hate people like that,' the sources say."

If I were Fallon, I'd watch my back: Independent minds are anathema to the Bush administration.

Rest of article here

If I were Fallon, I'd watch my back: Independent minds are anathema to the Bush administration.

]

Which explains why he has surrounded himself with some of the most brilliant minds in the political landscape since his administration began.

Which explains why he has surrounded himself with some of the most brilliant minds in the political landscape since his administration began.

Brilliant? No. I don't know of any I would rate as "brilliant." And the requirement is they must all agree with him. Those that don't, like Powell, leave due to frustration.

Fallon has always been an Independent mind and it was the Bush administration that put him in charge of Central Command and Iraq in January of this year.

What a sheep you are ... bush is an idiot surrounded by more idiots like you!!
The hill billy era ..thank god ...is drawing to a close...as more and more people are realising they have been duped by bush into the quagmire in Iraq.

I said it before bud ...your just another right-wing zealot ..who spend much of his time being indoctrinated with the tripe gushing from the right wing radio/tv!

You can't think for yourself ...and your every instinct is to re-act emotionaly because the hate machine on the right keeps pounding in your head that everybody is out to get you !!

Sheeps.jpg
http://www.filenanny.com/

Try to formulate an arguement about the topic, if you can. We know what you think about certain posters and really couldnt give a shiite.

What a sheep you are ... bush is an idiot surrounded by more idiots like you!!
The hill billy era ..thank god ...is drawing to a close...as more and more people are realising they have been duped by bush into the quagmire in Iraq.

I said it before bud ...your just another right-wing zealot ..who spend much of his time being indoctrinated with the tripe gushing from the right wing radio/tv!

You can't think for yourself ...and your every instinct is to re-act emotionaly because the hate machine on the right keeps pounding in your head that everybody is out to get you !!

Sheeps.jpg

Brilliant? No. I don't know of any I would rate as "brilliant." And the requirement is they must all agree with him. Those that don't, like Powell, leave due to frustration.

You will note the operative word there was "leave" Powell left, he wasn't fired for not towing the line. You suggested that if you don't follow bush's lead, he will put you to pasture which is not the case at all.

Try to formulate an arguement about the topic, if you can. We know what you think about certain posters and really couldnt give a shiite.

How do you debate somebody who's indoctrinated ...hooked on ideology ...you don't!!

You point out the wall in front of their face ..hoping they will see it!!

Nobody ..nobody who thinks independently ..at this stage ...would support bush! If you do ...it only means you're getting a heavy dose of Sean Hannity/Rush Limbaugh ...or some such pundit!! People who makes no bones about staying the course ...staying with comrade bush ...to the bitter end!!

Sheeps.jpg

Brilliant... oh that's a good one.

How do you define brilliance.. If you are going on academic merit, then Clinton wipes the floor with Bush.

I personally would rather go with results... Brilliant leadership would therefore have tangable results... Lets see what Bush has done:

1) Ignored warnings about impending terrorist attacks, shrugging them off until 9/11

2) Ignored valid intelligence about Iraq not having WMD and ignored the warning of the UN weapon inspectors on the ground that they needed to finish their work, which they were mere months away from doing without finding anything so far.

3) Led the US into a foolish war based upon false statements.

4) He refused to veto a single bill for the first 6 years of his presidency.

5) He has piled up MASSIVE debt for the country to try to pay off in future years, but then again, he is brilliant at passing his screw ups to others.

6) He pushed for and passed the largest increase in entitlements with the huge medicare drug benefits, without funding the new entitlements at all.

7) He has digraced the nation with his advocation of "advanced interrogation" techniques, which amount to torture.

8) He has repeditively broken the law and never been called on it, on such things as illegal wiretaps, illegal detentions, illegal military tribunals.

Oh yes, the brilliance of Bush and his staff has been clear to most of this country and the world, which is why is is so despised by so many.

But I guess as the saying goes, you can fool all of the people some of the time. And you can fool some of the people all of the time.. But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.. Well I guess you fall into the some of the people fooled all of the time by Bush.

Or maybe your mark of brilliance is Bush's brilliant quote:

"Fool me once, shame on - shame on you.. Fool me... you can't get fooled again."

When your indoctrinated ...... you don't think your being fooled.

Like I said ....if you stand by bush after all thats transpired ...your either mentally impotent ...or hooked on ideology!!

Sheeps.jpg

Werbung:
How do you define brilliance.. If you are going on academic merit, then Clinton wipes the floor with Bush.

Really? How about you compare the education of clinton's advisors to those of bush's advisors. Clinton surrounded himself with idiots so that he could feel like the biggest swinging dick in the whitehouse.

1) Ignored warnings about impending terrorist attacks, shrugging them off until 9/11

Those would be the ones that the clinton adminstration had been ignoring for two terms?

2) Ignored valid intelligence about Iraq not having WMD and ignored the warning of the UN weapon inspectors on the ground that they needed to finish their work, which they were mere months away from doing without finding anything so far.

There was also valid intelligence that said that they did have wmd. And the work of the inspectors was never going to be finished because saddam was getting heads up on where inspectors were going to turn up in time to clear the areas. If you have intelligence that goes both ways, and are getting nowhere on inspections, only an idiot errs on the side of wait and watch.

3) Led the US into a foolish war based upon false statements.

The houses of congress voted for the war based on the same intelligence the president had. Democrats voted for the war as well. I provided the reasons we went to war on another thread in the form of the iraq resolution. So far, no one has stepped up and pointed out a false statement contained within the document.

4) He refused to veto a single bill for the first 6 years of his presidency.

Yeah, he never should have tried to make friends with democrats. He should have vetoed that drug bill and the no child left behind as crafted by kennedy.

5) He has piled up MASSIVE debt for the country to try to pay off in future years, but then again, he is brilliant at passing his screw ups to others.

War costs money. Of course, his tax cuts have resulted in record revenues coming into the treasury to help offset the spending on the war. He also had a military that was decimated after 8 years of clinton to rebuild.

6) He pushed for and passed the largest increase in entitlements with the huge medicare drug benefits, without funding the new entitlements at all.[/quote}

Like I said, no good can come from trying to befiriend democrats. Had he vetoed the bills, you would be complaining that he hates the poor and elderly and denied them assistance for their drugs.

7) He has digraced the nation with his advocation of "advanced interrogation" techniques, which amount to torture.

Perhaps disgraced you, but not me. Unlawful combattants have no rights.

8) He has repeditively broken the law and never been called on it, on such things as illegal wiretaps, illegal detentions, illegal military tribunals.

You may wish he had broken the law, but by the letter of the law, he has broken none.

Oh yes, the brilliance of Bush and his staff has been clear to most of this country and the world, which is why is is so despised by so many.

One must be doing something right in order to garner so much hatred from liberals.

Back