Paul Krugman wins Nobel Prize for Economics

Popeye

Congratulations to Paul Krugman, and though it has nothing to do with his Nobel, you might notice also says that Bush administration policies caused the current financial crisis.

US economist Paul Krugman, a critic of the Bush administration for policies that he argues led to the current financial crisis, won the 2008 Nobel prize for economics.

The prize committee awarded Professor Krugman the prize for work that helps explain why some countries dominate international trade.

A prominent economist who writes columns for the New York Times, Professor Krugman has long featured among the favourites to win a Nobel.

He is a professor of economics and international affairs at Princeton University in the United States.

Professor Krugman, speaking by telephone to a news conference, was caught on the hop by the news.

"I rushed to take a shower so that I could take part in the press conference. I called my wife and I called my parents. I've not yet managed to get myself a cup of coffee," he said.

Professor Krugman has been heavily critical of US President George W Bush's administration.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/10/13/2390064.htm

Werbung:
As just about everyone knows, the Nobel prize (other than for the hard sciences) is just liberals giving prizes to liberals for being liberal. :rolleyes:

Yaaaaaawwwwnnnnnnn.......................

Back