"Peace Train"; Back-On-Track!!

Mr. Shaman

yusugx.jpg

"The energy level spiked with twangy, playful Boots and Sand, Yusuf's musical response to his widely publicized ejection from the country in 2004, when he was en route to Nashville to record with Dolly Parton. His flight was diverted to Maine after authorities said his name was similar to a suspect on the federal "no-fly" list.

He returns to live performing with his gift for emotional connection intact, his voice rising and pleading and the gently sentimental “Where Do the Children Play” and amid the jangly folk and dreamy slide work of the new album’s title song.

Before diving into the shimmering acoustic melody of “Peace Train” to close the evening, a fan shouted to the former Cat Stevens, excitedly calling him “the best!” Yusuf smiled. “No,” he said, pointing skyward, “Hes the best, hes the best.

Werbung:
He was my favorite in college. Didn't care when he changed his name, actually didn't really notice.

But then he announced that the Fatwa (religious command to murder someone) declared by some Iranian ayatollah against author Salman Rushdie who wrote something critical about Mohammed, was justified and should be carried out.

I knew then I'd made a big mistake, and corrected it. Haven't seen any reason to go back. Why support a mindless, barbarian thug?

He was my favorite in college. Didn't care when he changed his name, actually didn't really notice.

But then he announced that the Fatwa (religious command to murder someone) declared by some Iranian ayatollah against author Salman Rushdie who wrote something critical about Mohammed, was justified and should be carried out.
Gee.....I hope you got a lot outta your Sorority-experience....'cause you (certainly) never wasted any effort on critical-thinking.

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
Back