1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Pelosi: bail out deadbeats

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Libsmasher, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

Now Pelosi is saying any bail out package for the credit crisis must help the mortgage defaulters. Kind of like saying any effort to help people after an islamofascist terrorist attack must also help the terrorists. :rolleyes:

2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

Remember she promised to have the most ethical congress in history. She is damned and determined to go down in history as the biggest liar on the planet.

And to think that she is only 2 heart beats away from the presidency. That is a nightmare to beat all nightmares

3. lipmonkey

lipmonkey New Member

4. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

So as long as we are WASTING money in one place, its only "Fair" that we waste just as much money in another?

Where is there justification in the Constitution for EITHER use of taxpayer money?

Why is there no "Bailout" for the MILLIONS that are foreclosed upon for failure to pay their Taxes?

If you feel those being foreclosed upon need "Some sort of Assistance":
    Write a check, send them your OWN money, and leave me out of it.

5. lipmonkey

lipmonkey New Member

Yup. I'm an equal opportunity spender.

You'll have to ask Bush and company that one. They proposed the bailout. As far as I know Bush has no knowledge of what the Constitution says about this bailout, or any other issue for that matter.

I'm not aware of any financial sector failures due to not paying taxes.

I'm not the one offering to bail anybody out so I think I'll pass on sending money. The government is planning on sending funds on my behalf.

6. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

She made the same promises that Obama is making....Like bringing the troops back...

7. GenSeneca

Since you're so happy to spend other peoples money, what about all those in Tax Foreclosure?

Can't pay your Mortgage to the Bank? Democrats will Pay the Bank for you!

Can't pay your Taxes? Uh oh... Governments going to foreclose - you aren't worth bailing out.

8. lipmonkey

lipmonkey New Member

I didn't mention being happy about spending other peoples money. In the case of this bailout I don't see that I have much choice. Actually I don't carry any debt so I'm being left holding the bag for somebody else who does. I'm as upset as a lot of other folks but there is nothing I can do about it.
    That's comparing apples to oranges. The purpose of the bailout is to keep lending institutions from going bankrupt. I'm not aware of any lending institutions going bankrupt because of a high volume of tax foreclosures.
    This bailout isn't the brainchild of the Democrats. It seems a Republican president is the one who proposed this bailout. Both sides of the aisle seem to be supporting it.

9. GenSeneca

Thats only partially correct, the Dems are pushing to bailout the homeowners that are in, or facing, foreclosure.

I never said anything of the sort, you're just making stuff up or confused about the issue.

Democrats want to bail out the Homeowners who owe money to the banks but have no problem with continuing to foreclose on people who owe money to the Government.

10. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    Rich CEO who ran your mulit Billion dollar company into the ground? Keep your paycheck let the Repulbicans bail you out.

8 years of Republican White House, house and Senate under Republican control for most of it, Dems never having the power to do much they wanted when they did get power...Yet you guys love to cast the blame on those the Dems, when its The Republicans who where in power. Kinda sad.

11. lipmonkey

lipmonkey New Member

That's just part of what the Democrats are proposing.
    They are pushing for:
    Judges could rewrite mortgages to lower bankrupt homeowners' monthly payments, and companies that unloaded their bad assets on the government in the massive rescue would have to limit their executives' pay packages and agree to revoke any bonuses awarded based on bogus claims.
    Once again you seem to be referring to tax foreclosures which is a different issue, and it's not just the Democrats doing that.

12. Sihouette

Sihouette Active Member

Has anyone looked up the French Revolution yet? The similarities are stunning to what's happening now. It's like an identical replay. And we're on the verge of making the same mistake the aristocracy made back then.

It took France a couple of centuries to recover from that mistake. It's a miracle that they're still a sovereign nation at all.

Is that what we want?

13. GOPgrl

GOPgrl New Member

It's BOTH patry's fault.. There's enough blame to go around. Those developers wanted to make their big bucks putting up all these developments. Who was going to buy them?

I think the banks should be forced by law to lower the interest rates on everything from home mortgages to credit cards & all loans...getting the money owed back with some interest is better than none. I wonder why the govt. isn't forcing the banks to lower their interest rates so people can keep their homes? Who told the banks to make these dumb loan payments anyway?

I'm also sick of lawyers & rich people running for office. It's time the firefighter...nurse...teacher & pastor run for elections. That's the SARAH PALIN attraction...she's one of us & not some out of touch spoiled brat like some that have been there too long.

I hope every incumbant gets voted out in the next election. We need to have another industrial revolution with altenrative energy...that could be the best thing to happen to our economy. We need politicians who have the backbone to say no more to the "politics" of govt.