1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Pelosi blasts Lieberman

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by Popeye, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

All I can say about the following story is good this is more what I've been wanting to hear, it's about time. All good Democrats want traitorous Joe Lieberman stripped of his chairmanship as soon as possible after the new Congress convenes.

Reading between the lines of Pelosi's remarks, I have no doubt the effort would have already been made had the Democrats held a larger majority. Pretty soon the traitor can be all yours Pubs, he'll fit right in.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/13/MNRL12AEMM.DTL

2. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

Reminds me of the soviet union - oppose the party line, and one day you just disappear. There are CERTAINLY RINOs, but apparently no DINOs are permitted. It's in moments like this that libs reveal their crypto-fascist attitudes.

3. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

It is kind of funny, the two dems who the party just hates and basicly kicked out were Zell Miller and Joe Lieberman. They are the only two dems I actuallly liked.

well not true, I really really like Harold Ford Jr. I like him more than a whole lot of republicans, I like the three of them more than most republicans in office.

4. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

All good Democrats want traitorous Joe Lieberman stripped of his chairmanship--Popeye

From the definition of Liberal:

4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
    5. favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
    6. of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
    7. free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.
    8. open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.

From the definition of Authoritarian:

1. favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
    2. of or pertaining to a governmental or political system, principle, or practice in which individual freedom is held as completely subordinate to the power or authority of the state, centered either in one person or a small group that is not constitutionally accountable to the people.
    3. exercising complete or almost complete control over the will of another or of others: an authoritarian parent.
    –noun
    4. a person who favors or acts according to authoritarian principles.
    ----------------------------
    I'm beginning to think all the Liberals left the Democrat party... or were given the "Lieberman Treatment" by the Authoritarian Left.

5. dragonfly5

dragonfly5 Member

Good! The sooner Lieberman goes the better!

6. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Gee Libs, I guess by your definition the Delaware GOP has also revealed it's "crypto-fascist" attitude:

My point? Both parties enforce party loyalty... RINOs and DINOS are one thing but you don't openly advocate the election of the opposing party's standard bearer and expect to get away with it.

What about it Libs...does the Delaware state Republican Party remind you of the Soviet Union too?

Delaware GOP's Ting pays price for supporting Obama

7. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

In the current state of the GOP, to approach anything like the way the House is run under Ubergruppenfuhrer Pelosi, the republicans would have to kick out SCORES of RINOs. :)