Pew Survey: Palin dragging the ticket down

Popeye

A new Pew poll not only gives Obama a 49%-42% lead but indications are that Palin is having a negative effect on McCain.

opinions about Sarah Palin have become increasingly negative, with a majority of the public (51%) now saying that the Alaska governor is not qualified to become president if necessary; just 37% say she is qualified to serve as president. That represents a reversal of opinion since early September, shortly after the GOP convention.

a majority of Americans (63%) say that Joe Biden is qualified to serve as president if that becomes necessary, but fewer than four-in-ten (37%) say Sarah Palin is qualified to take on the job.

There is a clear correlation between views of Palin’s qualifications and support for McCain, which may be hurting the GOP candidate. Fewer people see her as qualified to become president, and the balance of opinion toward Palin has grown more negative since early September.

Werbung:
I'm not trying to convince anyone but l like to see confirmation of what has become obvious. Also, I like to rub it in a little bit.

shouldnt you wait till nov 4th to rub it in? I mean things change, obama was the god till his pastor problems then he was reduced to messiah and now he is only the messiah for the real far left and thats about it.

If he can win (with voter fraud) in november then its a great time to rub it in. :)

shouldnt you wait till nov 4th to rub it in? I mean things change, obama was the god till his pastor problems then he was reduced to messiah and now he is only the messiah for the real far left and thats about it.

If he can win (with voter fraud) in november then its a great time to rub it in. :)

Cut it out with the voter fraud excuses, being a Democrat I've got a lot more to complain about than you.... as in Fla 2000 and Ohio 2004.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying this election is sewed up, any remarks I make are meant up to 10-1....I'm not making any predictions for the future, you are right in that things can happen. I will say one thing, this early voting helps Obama because he is currently leading and any potential gains by McCain will not be reflected in those that have already voted.

Cut it out with the voter fraud excuses, being a Democrat I've got a lot more to complain about than you.... as in Fla 2000 and Ohio 2004.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying this election is sewed up, any remarks I make are meant up to 10-1....I'm not making any predictions for the future, you are right in that things can happen. I will say one thing, this early voting helps Obama because he is currently leading and any potential gains by McCain will not be reflected in those that have already voted.

i am not going to stop with the voter fraud stuff. THere are real big questions right now in many swing states with acorn and what they are doing. I have not heard of any republican voter fraud but that does not mean it isnt happening. There are real and valid questions right now about the acron group and what they are doing

i am not going to stop with the voter fraud stuff. THere are real big questions right now in many swing states with acorn and what they are doing. I have not heard of any republican voter fraud but that does not mean it isnt happening. There are real and valid questions right now about the acron group and what they are doing

You haven't heard about the McCain campaign sending out absentee voter applications to Democrats, with the wrong return address? Been reported in Wisconsin and Missouri. Check out the link.

Also disenfranchising minority and low income voters has become a Republican trademark.

http://news.racinepost.com/2008/09/gop-absentee-ballot-mailings-called.html

You haven't heard about the McCain campaign sending out absentee voter applications to Democrats, with the wrong return address? Been reported in Wisconsin and Missouri. Check out the link.

Also disenfranchising minority and low income voters has become a Republican trademark.

http://news.racinepost.com/2008/09/gop-absentee-ballot-mailings-called.html

No I had not heard about this. I read it quickly, I will try to find out more about it. If it is true that only strong dems got this, not weak dems or repubilcans then I think it would clearly be something that needs to be checked into by the Police or who ever it is that checks into that sort of thing.

I have heard a number of things on the dem side, double regestering and regestering people under 18, stuff like that. This is equally as bad. Do you know if there are any possiblities of some sort of arrests or something? if this is true, there shoud be.

I want to know who the retarded 40% are that say Biden is not qualified to be pres....I mean you dont have to agree with him to say he is qualified , and he soo very clearly is...Just like McCain is and Obama are ( and yes I would like to see more experiance from Obama, but I think he has enough) Palin,...I dont see her as qualified .

Werbung:
I want to know who the retarded 40% are that say Biden is not qualified to be pres....I mean you dont have to agree with him to say he is qualified , and he soo very clearly is...Just like McCain is and Obama are ( and yes I would like to see more experiance from Obama, but I think he has enough) Palin,...I dont see her as qualified .

I think it was the way the poll was written. You had to pick between two.
If the poll had read, Is Joe Biden qualified to be president. and thats it, it would have been in the 80s, maybe 90s.

And that woud depend what year. Before 911 most people thought that executive experience was more important that FP, in general. but now FP is because of terroism, war exc. That is why govs have usually done better running than members of congress.

Back