pissed of at Edwards

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
It pisses me off a bit to know the the guy who first was good enough to draw me to work for the Dem's in any way, now has come out and admited he had way affair in 2006 ( before wife had cancer...as if that makes it better bu still) I still think he is a good politican and like his policy and the way he talked about helping the underclass more and all that, but still a disapointment.

Politicaly not a big thing for me, but personaly makes me a bit angry.

Werbung:
His statement to ABC said he had the affair when his wife was in remission. The news caster made a snotty comment about how sick it was for him to add the part she was in remission as though that somehow made it ok.

But I think it is good you are disapointed in him. Hopefully everyone is, and would be as mad if it was some republican doing same, but no worse mad.

I am not mad at him, I feel kind of bad for him and really bad for his family. Most anyone can get caught up in that sort of thing, and its hard enough if you are a private person...... it has to be extra hard if you are in the news. Since he is not running for office anymore, I hope the story just dies, it cant help anyone and can only hurt the people who are already hurt enough.

I brought it up but not to attack Edwards, more to show how (most dems) will defend or excuse it when a dem does it but attack if it was a repub.

His statement to ABC said he had the affair when his wife was in remission. The news caster made a snotty comment about how sick it was for him to add the part she was in remission as though that somehow made it ok.

But I think it is good you are disapointed in him. Hopefully everyone is, and would be as mad if it was some republican doing same, but no worse mad.

I am not mad at him, I feel kind of bad for him and really bad for his family. Most anyone can get caught up in that sort of thing, and its hard enough if you are a private person...... it has to be extra hard if you are in the news. Since he is not running for office anymore, I hope the story just dies, it cant help anyone and can only hurt the people who are already hurt enough.

I brought it up but not to attack Edwards, more to show how (most dems) will defend or excuse it when a dem does it but attack if it was a repub.

You did it exactly right. Imagine one of Popeye's vile garbage digging threads that would have been the result if he had been a republican.

Republicans set them self up for it though, with the Family Values talk and Culture war and all that. They build themself up so high, you have to want to watch them fall. And the gay stuff well its gay sex from people wo stand in the way of Gay rights and openly attack them for being gay...its like when a rev or presit gets cought, or just anyone who harps against gays and then you find is gay.

Edwards never made a big Family Values push, but somehow I just got the idea he was still better then that. But yea lots of people cheat, betting half the people who will cry about it, would have to admit they cheated at some point in there life with a girlfreind, wife or something.

I normaly dont care so much about personal life, unless its thoe pure Hypocrcy part I can point out.

Edwards is a ghoulish sleazebag and probably one of my least favorite people in politics. But even ghouls deserve privacy.

Pocket, the central argument of family values is that it is very hard to make virtuous choices in a society bereft of virtue. You would know this if you actually had any idea what your opponents talk about beyond the superficial caricatures you read on HuffPo.

And since when is not cheating on your dying wife an explicitly conservative virtue anyway, huh?

Republicans set them self up for it though, with the Family Values talk and Culture war and all that. They build themself up so high, you have to want to watch them fall. And the gay stuff well its gay sex from people wo stand in the way of Gay rights and openly attack them for being gay...its like when a rev or presit gets cought, or just anyone who harps against gays and then you find is gay.

Edwards never made a big Family Values push, but somehow I just got the idea he was still better then that. But yea lots of people cheat, betting half the people who will cry about it, would have to admit they cheated at some point in there life with a girlfreind, wife or something.

I normaly dont care so much about personal life, unless its thoe pure Hypocrcy part I can point out.

I think when it comes to cheating on your wife, the repubs do not have a corner market on the value system.

that arguement works for the repub who talked bad about gays then got caught being gay. i can see that.

Millions of people have affairs, actually probably more when the spouse is ill or after the loss of a child. Its some wierd way the human mind has to escape reality. So, I wouldnt be so hard on Edwards or mad at him.

But he is making a big mistake telling differnt versions and not copping to the whole truth. If the affair was totally over in early 2007 why did she fly to his home city with her newborn two weeks ago or when ever it was, and why did he sneak there in the middle of the night to visit her and the baby. he should just come totally clean cuz its all coming out in the wash anyways.

I never voted for Edwards but I have always liked him best of all the dems running in 04 and in 08. I still feel kind of bad for him, I hope the press just lets it go, its over. I actually feel kind of guilty even talking about it since he isnt running now for anything.

Edwards is a ghoulish sleazebag and probably one of my least favorite people in politics. But even ghouls deserve privacy.

Pocket, the central argument of family values is that it is very hard to make virtuous choices in a society bereft of virtue. You would know this if you actually had any idea what your opponents talk about beyond the superficial caricatures you read on HuffPo.

im sorry you mean like you know about me? who does not read the Huffpost?And im sorry bu when in this White House for 8 years has Virture or Judgement ever been found? But know you feel free to make me a Caricutre of all the liberals you want, its alot easier then actuly talking about anything and having to think im sure.

Well you know what Republicans seem to stand for, thought you might have an idea of what Democrats stand for... if anything.

I ment it as a half joke at that I am not one, and that the dems could not even tell you . Dems dont seem to have some overall theme to the party, its such a mix of issues that at times dont always seem to mesh, but yet work.

Maybe thats part of the Dems issue they dont market something like family Values but rather issue by issue...but It does not mean I think the Republicans in any way back up. what they claim to be for anyway. Makes me sad to think how worthless I think the Republican party has got in my view. I dont always agree with the Dems, but at least I trust there intentions alot more and more often then not the view on teh issue.

but there is a reason am a IP member

im sorry you mean like you know about me? who does not read the Huffpost?And im sorry bu when in this White House for 8 years has Virture or Judgement ever been found?

This has precisely 0 to do with the White House. (Are you even capable of discussing any issue without mentioning the White House?)

Once again: one of the central arguments of the family values movement is that individual virtue cannot be divorced from the broader social context. So infidelity, even among the highly religious, in fact strengthens their argument. You didn't know this because you don't in fact know what you're talking about when you spout off about stuff like this.

This has precisely 0 to do with the White House. (Are you even capable of discussing any issue without mentioning the White House?)

Once again: one of the central arguments of the family values movement is that individual virtue cannot be divorced from the broader social context. So infidelity, even among the highly religious, in fact strengthens their argument. You didn't know this because you don't in fact know what you're talking about when you spout off about stuff like this.

Im sorry I though if you wanted to talk Family Values and Politics....the leadership of the party that talks about it so much was a issue. Sorry but the republican party has not shown me any reason to belive they can be trusted with anything anymore , so unless someone wants to put up and actuly be a good leader and good family values then why should I listen to them?

Im sorry I though if you wanted to talk Family Values and Politics....the leadership of the party that talks about it so much was a issue. Sorry but the republican party has not shown me any reason to belive they can be trusted with anything anymore , so unless someone wants to put up and actuly be a good leader and good family values then why should I listen to them?

Realisticly,

can anyone name a political leader in office that hasn't had some kind of scandal?

Probably someone brand new like the gov from Louisiana could not count, he hasnt been around long enough to have a history or past. It seems after obtaining a certian amount of power is when things go bad.

Usually its sex scandals, or money stuff but they all have some baggage.....

Werbung:
Realisticly,

can anyone name a political leader in office that hasn't had some kind of scandal?

Probably someone brand new like the gov from Louisiana could not count, he hasnt been around long enough to have a history or past. It seems after obtaining a certian amount of power is when things go bad.

Usually its sex scandals, or money stuff but they all have some baggage.....

money effects policy, sex does not normaly. all have issues, but not all are of the same scale,

Back