Polls give Obama big leads in Oregon

I will NEVER vote for the huckabump and the ONLY way I will vote for McCain is if he gets a DECENT running mate and then hopefully dies soon after taking office.

I like Romney and he would be willing to run

I like Condalizza and she would be willing to run

I like Thompson but he would not run with the liberal McCain

I fully endorse those sentiments, with no warranty, expressed or implied

Werbung:
ahh ok the huckster as VP. sorry I am very short and it all went over my head :)
yeah sorry I didnt make it more clear

I will NEVER vote for the huckabump and the ONLY way I will vote for McCain is if he gets a DECENT running mate and then hopefully dies soon after taking office.
I hope you really dont wish death to the man. I have no interest in having someone serve as President in these times who hasnt been the leader on the ticket.
I like Romney and he would be willing to run
McCain wouldnt have him. More likely to see Ho Chi Minh on the ticket. ;)
I like Condalizza and she would be willing to run
Good way to ensure McCain loses, if he wants to win over independants, he needs to cut and run from everything Bush.
I like Thompson but he would not run with the liberal McCain
You might have something there. I think Thompson would run with McCain. Are you joking? What is Thompson doing now? Im sure they could talk him into putting down the grocery bagging job to be VP.

Im tellin ya...its the Huckabuck. Or a private sector person that isnt well known. Which with McCains age definatly has some problems. But I am thinking its the former Governor of Arkansas. He would make a great VP.

I hope you really dont wish death to the man. I have no interest in having someone serve as President in these times who hasnt been the leader on the ticket.

Nah I don’t wish death to him or to Obama.

But seriously he is old and he is not acceptable on his own as a decent candidate for the Republican Party. It will take a conservative running mate to get conservatives to vote for him. That’s a pretty big base of the Republican Party. Because of his age, his running mate matters more than ever before.

McCain wouldnt have him. More likely to see Ho Chi Minh on the ticket. ;)

McCain is stupid and probably is just stupid enough to think conservatives are going to vote for him because what else can we do…….. But not all will, I don’t even know that most will.

Good way to ensure McCain loses, if he wants to win over independants, he needs to cut and run from everything Bush
He can not get enough independent votes to make up for the loss of conservative votes if he picks another liberal like himself.

You might have something there. I think Thompson would run with McCain. Are you joking? What is Thompson doing now? Im sure they could talk him into putting down the grocery bagging job to be VP.

Thomson was asked if he would consider being a running mate. After laughing a bit he said NO! I don’t blame him. I wouldn’t run with McCain either.

Im tellin ya...its the Huckabuck. Or a private sector person that isnt well known. Which with McCains age definatly has some problems. But I am thinking its the former Governor of Arkansas. He would make a great VP.

He can pick the huckster if he wants but he won’t get my vote and he won’t get MANY votes because of it. The Huckabump is a Christian and that’s the only thing that conservatives can identify with, and I personally would have to over look that. When he was running Romney was beating him, even when Romney quit long before the stupid huckster he still had more delegates than the dumb idiot had when McCain finally got the nomination.

The Huckabump never met a tax he didn’t want implemented. Conservatives DO NOT LIKE HIM. So McCain may as well pick Kerry then he can get all the votes that Obama won’t 

this totally sucks the two main choices are liberal and ultra liberal
either way.....
ugh!

that's the predicament. Republicans aren't worth a sh*t anymore, but Democrats are worse. McCain, the best choice available, is the co-sponsor of Ted Kennedy's illegal alien amnesty bill which he tried to cram down our throats, he voted against drilling in ANWR, and his priority nowadays is global warming. It's a really crappy choice conservatives face this November... and I think for that reason, Dems will have a distinct advantage

lol

can you think of any other good running mates?

I can think of a couple more but neither were willing and I can not blame them.

this totally sucks the two main choices are liberal and ultra liberal
either way.....
ugh!

Ive said it before, and will continue to. The reason this country has made a big step to the left is because of the Bush Administration. He is the single most responsible person for the raise of Obama.

Nah I don’t wish death to him or to Obama.
I hope this would also include bodily harm, but either way, I understand where you are coming from. It doesnt look good for a candidate when thier VP choice is the difference between getting the support of thier own party.
But seriously he is old and he is not acceptable on his own as a decent candidate for the Republican Party. It will take a conservative running mate to get conservatives to vote for him. That’s a pretty big base of the Republican Party. Because of his age, his running mate matters more than ever before.
See above. Dont you know there is no such thing as a conservative in DC?

McCain is stupid and probably is just stupid enough to think conservatives are going to vote for him because what else can we do…….. But not all will, I don’t even know that most will.
McCain might be a lot of things. I dont think stupid is one of them. I hope the "conservatives" do stay home. Will make for a great opportunity for America.
He can not get enough independent votes to make up for the loss of conservative votes if he picks another liberal like himself.
I think the general breakdown is %22 liberal, %22 conservative, and %56 independants. The only chance in hell he has is to win over independants. They have been his bread and butter his whole career.

Thomson was asked if he would consider being a running mate. After laughing a bit he said NO! I don’t blame him. I wouldn’t run with McCain either.
If John McCain asked Fred Thompson to be his running mate, Thompson would do it in a heart beat. Id bet on it.

He can pick the huckster if he wants but he won’t get my vote and he won’t get MANY votes because of it. The Huckabump is a Christian and that’s the only thing that conservatives can identify with, and I personally would have to over look that. When he was running Romney was beating him, even when Romney quit long before the stupid huckster he still had more delegates than the dumb idiot had when McCain finally got the nomination.
Well Romney and McCain simply dont like each other. That avenue is blocked like I-5 in Seattle at rushhour. Huckabee offers more than you think. He is a likable guy. Personable, funny, more of a regular guy than the robot that Romney is. He is very pro-choice, and has executive experience. Plus he isnt bad on the campaign trail. Breaking out the bass guitar for jam sessions, his jokes...the GOP should really re-think about the Huckabuck.
The Huckabump never met a tax he didn’t want implemented. Conservatives DO NOT LIKE HIM. So McCain may as well pick Kerry then he can get all the votes that Obama won’t 
I hope he does pick Kerry, Id rather see him go be a GOP robot. Ive never seen anyone run a losing campaign like John Kerry. Ronald McDonald could have beaten Bush in 2004 if he played his cards right.

Obama picked up 2 more major endorsements today. John Edwards and NARAL.

I've been kind of frustrated that John Edwards hadn't come out and endorsed. And Hillary's whole hearted support of women's reproductive rights and NARAL is well known.

Looking at it now though I think there's been a reason some of these endorsements have held off. Knowing Hillary would probably hang on past any viability these timely endorsements for Senator Obama really shows the country that symbolic victories like WV are way too little way Way too late.

I really hope Senator Obama picks Senator Jim Webb as his running mate. I think it would be a smart to pick someone with good military chops.

Obama picked up 2 more major endorsements today. John Edwards and NARAL.

I've been kind of frustrated that John Edwards hadn't come out and endorsed. And Hillary's whole hearted support of women's reproductive rights and NARAL is well known.

Looking at it now though I think there's been a reason some of these endorsements have held off. Knowing Hillary would probably hang on past any viability these timely endorsements for Senator Obama really shows the country that symbolic victories like WV are way too little way Way too late.

I really hope Senator Obama picks Senator Jim Webb as his running mate. I think it would be a smart to pick someone with good military chops.

The pundits are talking about how today should be solid Hillary in the news cycle, but Obama has stolen the show to say the least.

As for Webb, might not be a bad idea, but I am leaning towards Richardson. He is more well known, has some very solid experience and will bring in the hispanic vote.

The pundits are talking about how today should be solid Hillary in the news cycle, but Obama has stolen the show to say the least.

As for Webb, might not be a bad idea, but I am leaning towards Richardson. He is more well known, has some very solid experience and will bring in the hispanic vote.

I don't know Bunz. I like Richardson too, but the reality in today's America is that he probably needs a white face on the ticket. Besides Webb, names like Sebelius, Strickland, and Clark are being bandied about.

Werbung:
I don't know Bunz. I like Richardson too, but the reality in today's America is that he probably needs a white face on the ticket. Besides Webb, names like Sebelius, Strickland, and Clark are being bandied about.

I understand where you are coming from. Of the three mentioned, I would support Strickland the most to be honest. Obama will need Ohio, I dont think there is any way around it.

I like Clark, I have heard he would have likely been in a Hillary Cabinet, and likely as the #2. I think he would make a good SecDef. I dont know enough about Kathy Sebelius to pass fair judgement.

As for Richardson, I am not sure how widely known his heritage is to non political junkies like us. Last name is Richardson, it isnt overly obvious by looking at him etc...Either way, if Obama wins, look for Richardson to have a choice cabinet position...SecState maybe.

Back