Pope Says Gay Marriage Poses A Threat To 'Justice And Peace' In World Day Of Peace 2013 Address

steveox

Pope Benedict XVI said this week that gay marriage poses a threat to "justice and peace." The 85-year-old religious leader went on to suggest that same-sex marriage is "unnatural."

According to the Associated Press, the head of the Roman Catholic Church kicked off the Christmas season on Friday with the traditional lighting of the tree in Vatican City's St. Peter's Square. On the same day, the Holy See released the Pope's message for World Day of Peace 2013.

As Gay Star News reports, the Pope, in his annual address, said that same-sex marriage is "unnatural" and "against human nature."

"There is…a need to acknowledge and promote the natural structure of marriage as the union of a man and a woman in the face of attempts to make it juridically equivalent to radically different types of union," the Pope said, according to ANSA.

"Such attempts actually harm and help to destabilize marriage, obscuring its specific nature and its indispensable role in society. These principles are not truths of faith, nor are they simply a corollary of the right to religious freedom. They are inscribed in human nature itself, accessible to reason and thus common to all humanity," he continued.

The Pope went on to suggest that support of gay marriage "constitutes an offense against the truth of the human person, with serious harm to justice and peace."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...-peace-world-day-of-peace-2013_n_2303534.html

Hes right though

Werbung:
He'll raise the hackles of some with this but he's correct.
His predecessors said as much of no-fault divorce and were right about that too.

I am glad to see the RCC remain constant on this when there are so many pressures to cave on principle and reason. They have their problems but they do get a lot right.

I think he is using the word "natural" incorrectly.

People are naturally prone to disobey God. Assuming God's preferred plan for marriage is for it be between a man and a woman then it is quite natural for people to redefine that using their own judgement about why that is best. He should have said it was un-spiritual.

Some will say: "But the bible says gay sex is unnatural." I think it says that gay sex is an abandonment of the "natural function" of sex. If our bodies are developed to include procreation then gay sex does indeed abandon that. The traditional Catholic view is that each act of sex should include the potential for procreation even if it includes other non-procreative acts. Gay sex cannot include procreative acts.

Was the Pope only trying to say that we are designed for procreation? Then he should not have brought up human nature which goes far beyond the function of our bodies and is more concerned with sin.

Instead I would say that the gay agenda is a threat to traditional marriage and where it takes hold the affronts against marriage are as unbelievable as they are ridiculous.

I think he is using the word "natural" incorrectly.

People are naturally prone to disobey God. Assuming God's preferred plan for marriage is for it be between a man and a woman then it is quite natural for people to redefine that using their own judgement about why that is best. He should have said it was un-spiritual.

Some will say: "But the bible says gay sex is unnatural." I think it says that gay sex is an abandonment of the "natural function" of sex. If our bodies are developed to include procreation then gay sex does indeed abandon that. The traditional Catholic view is that each act of sex should include the potential for procreation even if it includes other non-procreative acts. Gay sex cannot include procreative acts.

Was the Pope only trying to say that we are designed for procreation? Then he should not have brought up human nature which goes far beyond the function of our bodies and is more concerned with sin.

Instead I would say that the gay agenda is a threat to traditional marriage and where it takes hold the affronts against marriage are as unbelievable as they are ridiculous.

nah he said what he intended to say and was correct. not a popular view but that doesnt make it wrong.

You would think that gender confused people make up half the population for all the attention it gets, when in fact it's only a small portion of society. Why aren't other human oddities exploited to this extent?

You would think that gender confused people make up half the population for all the attention it gets, when in fact it's only a small portion of society. Why aren't other human oddities exploited to this extent?

Good point! What's next, the "right" to DO your pet donkey? "Liberalization" is only good when that which is being liberalized is causing harm! Marriage as it's always been defined by cultures is and was not bad nor harmful. Some may laugh or even become angry by my suggestion that some folks may soon be demanding the right to "marry" and or have sex with animals. Nevertheless, that would indeed be the "Liberal" point of view after same-sex marriage is accepted as a societal norm. At some point liberalization becomes a BAD thing to do.

As for gay marriage, it's not gay/lesbian persons with whom I have the problem, it's the insistence of many in that community that gay/lesbian "Marriage" is a right. It is NOT a right, for marriage is a religious concept! If gays/lesbians want the same legal protections within a relationship that hetero couples have in marriage, allow them to enter into a legal contract, fine. That's not enough for many gays/lesbians, however, hence the insistence on calling it a "marriage", and insisting that the rest of us accept that nomenclature for it! Their insistence is plain and simply "dictatorial arrogance"!

It won't be long before some leftwing zealot will insist that marriage to animals or underaged children must be accepted as our societal norm. They'll complain of "descrimination" when their disgusting demands are criticized. The way our country is going, I'd bet they'll eventually get their way! NEVER fear to attack such insanity, and when you're attacked as a bigot by the despicable left, shove it down their arrogant throats with the same Alinsky tactics they've used on us for 60 years!

If Liberals allow gay marriage. Why cant we marry our pets or our cousins? And make it legal so we get all those tax benefits?

Then why not say you can get married by same sex but youre not protected by discrimination or get tax benefits. In other words of boss finds out youre gay he can fire you. Or insurance company wont insure you because youre gay. If you choose to be gay then you choose to be rejected by society.

nah he said what he intended to say and was correct. not a popular view but that doesnt make it wrong.

I agree completely that a view being unpopular does not make it wrong.

I still think he did not express a very complete view of human nature and seemed to imply that human nature makes people want to be straight only when it is pretty obvious that human nature makes people do all sorts of things and according to pretty good science at least part of homosexuality is due to the part of human nature called biology.

Good point! What's next, the "right" to DO your pet donkey? "Liberalization" is only good when that which is being liberalized is causing harm! Marriage as it's always been defined by cultures is and was not bad nor harmful. Some may laugh or even become angry by my suggestion that some folks may soon be demanding the right to "marry" and or have sex with animals. Nevertheless, that would indeed be the "Liberal" point of view after same-sex marriage is accepted as a societal norm. At some point liberalization becomes a BAD thing to do.

As for gay marriage, it's not gay/lesbian persons with whom I have the problem, it's the insistence of many in that community that gay/lesbian "Marriage" is a right. It is NOT a right, for marriage is a religious concept! If gays/lesbians want the same legal protections within a relationship that hetero couples have in marriage, allow them to enter into a legal contract, fine. That's not enough for many gays/lesbians, however, hence the insistence on calling it a "marriage", and insisting that the rest of us accept that nomenclature for it! Their insistence is plain and simply "dictatorial arrogance"!

It won't be long before some leftwing zealot will insist that marriage to animals or underaged children must be accepted as our societal norm. They'll complain of "descrimination" when their disgusting demands are criticized. The way our country is going, I'd bet they'll eventually get their way! NEVER fear to attack such insanity, and when you're attacked as a bigot by the despicable left, shove it down their arrogant throats with the same Alinsky tactics they've used on us for 60 years!

Getting married should not be restricted by the gov no matter who wants to get married unless there is a darn good reason - so yes the right to stand before the official of your choice and get hitched is a right. Not a gov given right but one that exist before gov gets involved. For all the straight people in this country their right is infringed when they must get a license to get married. The gays presently do not have that right infringed but they want to lose their rights in exchange for some perks - same way with all liberal causes. There is nothing liberating about liberalism at all.

Werbung:
If Liberals allow gay marriage. Why cant we marry our pets or our cousins? And make it legal so we get all those tax benefits?

If they allow it then power is given to the gov who decides who is allowed and who is not allowed to do yet another basic human activity. In liberalism there is a never ending debate about who is special. Yes defining people who would marry pets would be next on the list. But they will only win the ability to be called special if they work the system right.

I think a lot of people would be surprised to learn that the so called tax benefits are in actually what is called the marriage penalty - the increased taxes that married people pay compared to those who file singly.

Other benefits associated with raising children should by all means be extended to anyone raising children.

Back