Presidential Approval Rating

BigRob

I noticed that those who often put up the President's approval numbers have not done so recently, so I decided to do it for them.

Depending on which poll you look at, the numbers will vary.

Gallup shows 54% approve while 40% disapprove.

Rasmussen shows 47% approve.

So how does this compare to President Bush at the same time in his term?

Gallup shows President Bush from this same time in 2001 with a 57% approval and 34% disapproving.

I could not find Rasmussen numbers from 2001, so I checked all the polls at www.pollingreport.com and found that none of them had him under 50% for the similar time frame, so I think a fair assumption is around 50-51%.

Werbung:
I am not to worried, its a hard time and I think its funny when people see polls on how they think he is doing on health care and think evryone that does not approve sides with them against his reforms...some of us think he is not going as far as he should.

also come next month Bush to Obama at same time polls mean nothing, as Bush will be riding Sept 11 highs and I think most of us hope we dont see that spike again for same reasons

I agree the numbers themselves are skewed by 9/11 and the aftermath. I will suggest that they point out that there is a decreasing level of enthusiasm for the President's messaging which is attempting to be more specific. I believe, if you dive into the more specific polls it shows the average person is feeling uncomfortable with the President's, and Congress' inability to talk to specifics on Cap and Trade and Healthcare.

I agree the numbers themselves are skewed by 9/11 and the aftermath. I will suggest that they point out that there is a decreasing level of enthusiasm for the President's messaging which is attempting to be more specific. I believe, if you dive into the more specific polls it shows the average person is feeling uncomfortable with the President's, and Congress' inability to talk to specifics on Cap and Trade and Healthcare.

but also when asked about the health care plan and given info about it, like on each detail, the polls go up for it

I am not to worried, its a hard time and I think its funny when people see polls on how they think he is doing on health care and think evryone that does not approve sides with them against his reforms...some of us think he is not going as far as he should.

also come next month Bush to Obama at same time polls mean nothing, as Bush will be riding Sept 11 highs and I think most of us hope we dont see that spike again for same reasons

Interestingly, the exact same remarks were made about Bush's low approval rating at the end of his term.

Many on this very board took that to mean that the Republican Party was destroyed, regardless of the assertion that Republicans were not all that fond of President Bush at the end.

I agree that starting next month the comparisons wont mean anything, so I posted it this month.

In what area do you see that he is not going far enough?

but also when asked about the health care plan and given info about it, like on each detail, the polls go up for it

I polls I've seen show something different...they show that when given the details of the House Plan some people who opposed the bill moved to undecided. When asked why, most said that there weren't enough specifics to be able to make a clear informed decision.

Interestingly, the exact same remarks were made about Bush's low approval rating at the end of his term.

Many on this very board took that to mean that the Republican Party was destroyed, regardless of the assertion that Republicans were not all that fond of President Bush at the end.

I agree that starting next month the comparisons wont mean anything, so I posted it this month.

In what area do you see that he is not going far enough?

some people want a single payer system, so will say this is not enough. some question if this non profit co opt idea realy would protect everyone...different reason.

some people want a single payer system, so will say this is not enough. some question if this non profit co opt idea realy would protect everyone...different reason.

You said "some of us think he is not going as far as he should." In what instance do you feel that way?

You said "some of us think he is not going as far as he should." In what instance do you feel that way?

just a general feeling that he is giving to much maybe to the right, to appease moderates, not sure what it is realy. but I just want to see major reform there are more then one way it could be done, I just know it needs major repair now,

Werbung:

This time in President Bush's first term, 911 had not happened yet.. The left was still screaming he stole the election

Back