Presidential Medal of Freedom

PLC1

Staff member

Obama awards Medal of Freedom to distinguished, diverse group

President Barack Obama awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, considered the highest U.S. civilian honor, to 16 people on Wednesday including a celebrated scientist, the first woman to serve on the Supreme Court, a gay rights pioneer, and a top leader against apartheid in South Africa.

For the most part, the recipients made up quite a distinguished group of people. Most of them could be sources of inspiration for anyone.

There are some, however, who make me wonder just why.....

What do you think?

Werbung:
Who did he pick that made you wonder why?

I heard a list of about 5 or 6, none of them bothered me but none of them made me think, wow great pick either.

It was just another obama story on the news to me.

Who did he pick that made you wonder why?

I heard a list of about 5 or 6, none of them bothered me but none of them made me think, wow great pick either.

It was just another obama story on the news to me.

Stephen Hawking heads the list of people who have overcome overwhelming odds to do great things for mankind. I hadn't heard of Dr. Joseph Medicine Crow, but his story was inspiring to say the least.

I don't wonder why he chose Teddy Kennedy, but wonder just how deserving he may be, especially compared to those who have achieved greatness despite the odds against it.

Stephen Hawking heads the list of people who have overcome overwhelming odds to do great things for mankind. I hadn't heard of Dr. Joseph Medicine Crow, but his story was inspiring to say the least.

I don't wonder why he chose Teddy Kennedy, but wonder just how deserving he may be, especially compared to those who have achieved greatness despite the odds against it.

Ahh, I see what you mean and I agree with you.

I agree...very questionable call on that one.

Werbung:
There were some strange picks in my opinion.

Henry Milk, Chita Rivera, Billie Jean King, Sen. Edward Kennedy, Jack Kemp were
all strange picks. I suspect most Americans don't even know some of the others picks.

Back