Pro-illegal alien Nightmare Act stopped in Maryland

Werbung:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...etition-drive-for-referendum/?test=latestnews

The act would represent huge discrimination against U.S. citizens in favor of illegal alien invaders. It's just INCREDIBLE that such outrageous acts are attempted by the leftwing.

It doesn't favor illegal alien at the expense of U.S. Citizens.
The Maryland "dream act" would allow QUALIFYING (meaning, proof of having lived in the sate of Maryland for at least 6 months) non-documented aliens to register in COMMUNITY colleges for the same IN STATE registration fees that the any other qualified residents of the State.

It is a STATE issue, and I am not certain where I stand on this issue, but once again, your interpretation of it is misleading.

It doesn't favor illegal alien at the expense of U.S. Citizens.
The Maryland "dream act" would allow QUALIFYING (meaning, proof of having lived in the sate of Maryland for at least 6 months) non-documented aliens to register in COMMUNITY colleges for the same IN STATE registration fees that the any other qualified residents of the State.

It is a STATE issue, and I am not certain where I stand on this issue, but once again, your interpretation of it is misleading.

You don't know what you're talking about. The Maryland Nightmare Act charges out of state U.S. citizens about three times the tuition charged illegal alien invaders.

You don't know what you're talking about. The Maryland Nightmare Act charges out of state U.S. citizens about three times the tuition charged illegal alien invaders.

As you are stating, those US citizens do not live IN STATE. The aliens do.

The difference in tuition is about WHERE you live.

I stated before, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

But, the fact is that you misrepresented the issue, once again.

The IN STATE tuition is for people living IN the State of Maryland.

Anyone living OUT of the State of Maryland pays more. Whether or not the illegal aliens residing in Maryland are allowed to pay IN STATE tuition fee doesn't influence what the OUT OF STATE applicants pay. . .they have to pay the higher tuition no matter what!

One of the reasons the IN STATE tuition is lower is because people living in the state are already supporting College tuition by paying taxes. . .whether or not they are legal (sales tax, property tax, vehicle registration taxes, etc. . .).

By the way, the Baltimore Sun Newspaper reports this current statistic (April 18, 2011):
"Study: Md. immigrants pay $275M in taxes
Illegal immigrants in Maryland will pay $275 million in state and local taxes this year, according to a study released Monday by a Washington group that advocates for immigrants. The report ranks Maryland as the 11th-highest state in the nation in collecting tax receipts from unauthorized immigrants

The out of State applicants do not pay those taxes. Therefore, they can either attend a junior college in their own state (at in state tuition level) or pay the higher tuition in the State of Maryland until they have lived there (and paid tax there) long enough (usually 6 months to a year) to qualify as residents of Maryland.

Out of State tuition being much higher than In State tuition is certainly not unusual. I believe it is pretty much the norm in junior (or community) colleges across the U.S.

As you are stating, those US citizens do not live IN STATE. The aliens do.

The difference in tuition is about WHERE you live.

No, the difference is WHERE YOU SHOULD BE - THE ILLEGAL ALIENS SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN THIS COUNTRY, MUCH LESS BEING ENROLLED IN ITS COLLEGES.

I stated before, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

No, you feel about this like all leftwingers feel about everything - if it helps wreck this country, you're all for it.

But, the fact is that you misrepresented the issue, once again.

No I didn't - stop lying.

The IN STATE tuition is for people living IN the State of Maryland.

If US citizens from other states stay in maryland while they're going to school, they're LIVING THERE. The out of state tuition is reckoned on WHERE YOU COME FROM. Come from OUT OF THE COUNTRY - Mexico, get a great deal. Come from the next state over, Viriginia, pay three times the tuition.

One of the reasons the IN STATE tuition is lower is because people living in the state are already supporting College tuition by paying taxes. . .whether or not they are legal (sales tax, property tax, vehicle registration taxes, etc. . .).

Nonsense - illegal aliens pay FARRRRRRR less taxes on average, because most of them work as black market labor, are paid in cash, and don't pay taxes. I assume in Maryland it's like in California - most of them don't register cars, don't get drivers licenses, and are a huge and costly drain on social services, emergency rooms, prisons, etc etc.

Out of State tuition being much higher than In State tuition is certainly not unusual.

Irrelevent - what's relevent is "out of state virginia" pays three times "out of state, er, actually, out of country" Mexico.

No, the difference is WHERE YOU SHOULD BE - THE ILLEGAL ALIENS SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN THIS COUNTRY, MUCH LESS BEING ENROLLED IN ITS COLLEGES.

I suggest you go and read the whole issue, instead of making your opinion on only big titles. This is a link that explains that this issue doesn't only affect ILLEGAL immigrants, but also DOCUMENTED resident aliens who, because they are NOT YET permanent resident cannot demonstrate permanent residency, although they live there.
It also affect enlisted non-citizens who, as member of the armed forces, have access to "in state tuition."
In all some of the people who are currently NOT being awarded in state tuition should have access to this.

No, you feel about this like all leftwingers feel about everything - if it helps wreck this country, you're all for it.

First, immigration is what built this country, not what has wrecked it. Second, I am not for illegal immigration, but I am for rewarding potential, achievement, and ambition. ANY person with more education will be an advantage, not a disadvantage to this country.
And, you are obviously wrong in your assessment that every "leftwinger" wants to wreck this country. After all, they live here too!
I do not believe that most Republicans want to wreck this country. I do not believe that any generalization is a smart way to look at an issue.
But, as I said before, I am not sure how I feel about this specific issue. I certainly think that documented resident aliens living in Maryland should be paying only in state tuition. And I feel the same way about aliens (and their family) who are members of the armed forces.

No I didn't - stop lying.

It is my OPINION that your presentation of this issue is misleading (purposely or not, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt). However, I resent your accusation that I am LYING! This is a personal attack. I expect you to remove this comment.

If US citizens from other states stay in marymand while they're going to school, they're LIVING THERE. The out of state tuition is reckoned on WHERE YOU COME FROM. Come from OUT OF THE COUNTRY - Mexico, get a great deal. Come from the next state over, Viriginia, pay three times the tuition.

The residency requirement for ANYONE to enroll as an in state resident in one of the 16 community colleges in Maryland is a proven residency of 3 months. Which means that, an out of state student would have to pay out of state tuition for his first quarter in a community college, but that he/she would then qualify for in state tuition after he has resided within the county or at least within the State of Maryland for at least 3 months.
If a non-documented student cannot prove that he/she has resided in Maryland for 3 months (qualification for in state tuition), he/she would also have to pay out of state tuition. . .unless he/she is a member of the armed force.

Nonsense - illegal aliens pay FARRRRRRR less taxes on average, because most of them work as black market labor, are paid in cash, and don't pay taxes.

On the contrary, the source I provided is clearly stating what illegal immigrants are paying in State and County taxes. If/when an illegal immigrants work in the black market, he may not be paying those taxes, but they are not included in the 275 millions listed in the articles. However, even those working in the black market would pay sales taxes. . .which mean that the total tax contribution to the State of Maryland from illegal immigrant is even greater than those 275 millions.

Irrelevent - what's relevent is "out of state virginia" pays three times "out of state, er, actually, out of country" Mexico.

If they don't live in Maryland, both "out of state Virginia" and "out of country Mexico" will pay the "out of State tuition at least for the first quarter of enrollment.

First, can you learn to use the quote function properly? It's not difficult.

I suggest you go and read the whole issue, instead of making your opinion on only big titles. This is a link that explains that this issue doesn't only affect ILLEGAL immigrants, but also DOCUMENTED resident aliens

I've probably FORGOTTEN more about the issue than you'd KNOW if you lived to a hundred. Illegal aliens and the immense problems they cause is an everyday issue in california. And you think its OK to include illegal alien INVADERS, just because it also includes LEGAL resident aliens? That makes no sense at all.

First, immigration is what built this country, not what has wrecked it.

No - LEGAL IMMIGRATION is what built this country, not black market labor, not drug smuggling, not bankrupting whole hospitals by using the ER and not paying, not filling up 25% of the huge california prison system, not leaching off the social services, not getting in fatal accidents and then skipping across the border, not living here illegally for 30 years and not learning a word of english.

And, you are obviously wrong in your assessment that every "leftwinger" wants to wreck this country. After all, they live here too!
They're deranged people who live here too.

And I feel the same way about aliens (and their family) who are members of the armed forces.

The US military should not be accepting illegal aliens. That they do just shows one more american institution which has been corrupted by them.

It is my OPINION that your presentation of this issue is misleading

You can believe that shiit is ice cream - who cares?

If US citizens from other states stay in marymand while they're going to school, they're LIVING THERE. The out of state tuition is reckoned on WHERE YOU COME FROM. Come from OUT OF THE COUNTRY - Mexico, get a great deal. Come from the next state over, Viriginia, pay three times the tuition.

The residency requirement for ANYONE to enroll as an in state resident in one of the 16 community colleges in Maryland is a proven residency of 3 months.

Oh, so your claim that they payed zillions of dollars to support the education system is revealed as BS. Here from mexico for 3 months, get a great deal. Here from virginia yesterday, get screwed.

On the contrary, the source I provided is clearly stating what illegal immigrants are paying in State and County taxes.

Baloney - I don't accept the leftwing rag Baltimore Sun as a credible neutral source. Further, even if the amount were true, you'd have to subtract from it how much illegals loot from the state, which if it's anything like california is HUGE.

Last point: Providing illegal aliens with an in-state tuition advantage is specifically PROHIBITED under a federal law:

Section 505 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) of 1996 (8 U.S.C. 1623).

Ahhhh, but when it comes to illegals and leftwingers, WHO CARES what the law says?

When I read about all of these benefits that ALIEN CRIMINALS receive from leftist state governments, like those in California and Maryland and Oregon and Washington, etc............. such as in-state college tuition, "catch and release" policies, free schooling for alien criminal children, free medical care for alien criminal families, and food stamps and subsidized housing, law enforcement not being allowed to ask the immigration status of drivers who don't have licenses and don't speak English, etc., I can only shake my head in disbelief.

The leftists obviously don't believe in ANY immigration laws, federal or state. The leftists obviously don't believe in the sovereignty of the United States, and believe that we are a country without borders.

Every time a state government welcomes alien criminals with open arms, or our federal government refuses to enforce federal immigration laws, they are spitting in the faces of, and trampling on the graves of, the millions of immigrants who entered this country the RIGHT way, through Ellis Island, back in the early 1900s, and the millions since then who have entered this country the RIGHT way, via the federal immigration laws that are presently in-place.

In the early 1900s, those millions of immigrants who entered the United States via Ellis Island, waited for days, sometimes weeks, to get processed, and in many cases get healthy enough, so they could begin their American dream. Those millions of immigrants swore their loyalty to their new country, promised to assimilate into American society and learn the language and customs of this country, and many even "Americanized" their last names, while at the same time still having the freedom to preserve their own religious and cultural beliefs. Those millions asked for NOTHING but the OPPORTUNITY to live in freedom, practice their own religion, and be prosperous and successful if they worked hard enough and made good decisions for themselves and their families.

This Maryland "alien criminal appeasement law" is just another of the many examples of the shortsightedness and ignorance of the various leftist philosophies.

"Normal" people, who believe that our borders matter and must be protected, and who believe in hard work and freedom and law enforcement and accountability and responsibility and all the things that once made this country great........are at their breaking point.

The leftist movement better start looking over their shoulders. Real Americans have had enough, and are going to fight back, by whatever means necessary, to save this country. It won't be "North versus South". It will be "good versus evil".

The leftists obviously don't believe in ANY immigration laws, federal or state. The leftists obviously don't believe in the sovereignty of the United States, and believe that we are a country without borders.

I wouldn't say they don't want immigration laws under any circumstances. If there were for some reason only a flood of germans, french, and british, they would demand the enforcement of the laws. They approve the invasion that's happening now because they know that illiterate rural mexican peasants are (with the follow-on of amnesty) the perfect future democrat voters - easy to manipulate with the usual leftwing racial voting bloc techniques. They couldn't care less that they add a huge new burden on social services at a time when they are at the breaking point and heading for bankruptcy, nor that they are balkanizing the country - to a leftwinger the ONLY thing that matters is political power, even if their means to it destroys the country.

When I read about all of these benefits that ALIEN CRIMINALS receive from leftist state governments, like those in California and Maryland and Oregon and Washington, etc............. such as in-state college tuition, "catch and release" policies, free schooling for alien criminal children, free medical care for alien criminal families, and food stamps and subsidized housing, law enforcement not being allowed to ask the immigration status of drivers who don't have licenses and don't speak English, etc., I can only shake my head in disbelief.

Every time a state government welcomes alien criminals with open arms, or our federal government refuses to enforce federal immigration laws, they are spitting in the faces of, and trampling on the graves of, the millions of immigrants who entered this country the RIGHT way, through Ellis Island, back in the early 1900s, and the millions since then who have entered this country the RIGHT way, via the federal immigration laws that are presently in-place.

In the early 1900s, those millions of immigrants who entered the United States via Ellis Island, waited for days, sometimes weeks, to get processed, and in many cases get healthy enough, so they could begin their American dream. Those millions of immigrants swore their loyalty to their new country, promised to assimilate into American society and learn the language and customs of this country, and many even "Americanized" their last names, while at the same time still having the freedom to preserve their own religious and cultural beliefs. Those millions asked for NOTHING but the OPPORTUNITY to live in freedom, practice their own religion, and be prosperous and successful if they worked hard enough and made good decisions for themselves and their families.

This Maryland "alien criminal appeasement law" is just another of the many examples of the shortsightedness and ignorance of the various leftist philosophies.

"Normal" people, who believe that our borders matter and must be protected, and who believe in hard work and freedom and law enforcement and accountability and responsibility and all the things that once made this country great........are at their breaking point.

The leftist movement better start looking over their shoulders. Real Americans have had enough, and are going to fight back, by whatever means necessary, to save this country. It won't be "North versus South". It will be "good versus evil".

For the fourth time: I am not sure how I feel about this specific issue.

And I do appreciate that you expressed your opinion in a clear, logical and respecful manner.

I was one of those "out of state" student when I first when to college in California. I had just moved from Pennsylvania, and thus had to pay out of state tuition for my first semester. So I am well aware of the issue.

In the other hand, I resent the term "criminal alien" when associated to people who may have entered (or been brought in childhood) to this country illegally, but have not committed any criminal acts, have demonstrated their desire to integrate fully in our society, and have the potential to achieve educational goals that, in the long run, may help our country.

There is another issue about "illegal immigration" that was brought up today on CNN. Georgia is currently facing a 11,000 farm labor shortage because of the new anti-immigration law passed by that state. In spite of the unemployment rate in Georgia, there is not enough US citizens in Georgia willing to fill that void. In fact, the State government is now looking at using parolees to help with the situation. The Georgia farmers are stating that, even when they do find US farm workers willing to do the job, it takes three of them to do the same work as ONE of those alien workers.

So, the issue of immigration (legal and illegal) have never been simple, and is NOT a Right or Left issue. It is not even an American issue. It is a worldwide issue. And all the whining and crying and hating, and insulting do NOTHING to resolve or even to make progress toward resolving this issue.

You mentionned that "In the early 1900s, those millions of immigrants who entered the United States via Ellis Island, waited for days, sometimes weeks, to get processed, and in many cases get healthy enough, so they could begin their American dream. Those millions of immigrants swore their loyalty to their new country, promised to assimilate into American society and learn the language and customs of this country, and many even "Americanized" their last names, while at the same time still having the freedom to preserve their own religious and cultural beliefs." I much admire those people who made the base of today's America. However, today immigration doesn't just consist in a "few days, even a few weeks" of waiting, it consists of YEARS of waiting, and a great amount of money is involved in the immigration application, which sometime, after those many months, even years, is simply turned down.

And even those courageous early 20's century immigrants DIDN'T learn English in 2 or 3 years any more than today's immigrants (legal or not) can do this. In fact, MANY new immigrants NEVER learn to speak American English fluently. . .but their children do, and many (if the parents are smart) will grow up speaking two languages instead of one. That was true 100 years ago, and it is true today. Face it, it would take YOU more than 2 years to learn to be fluent in Italian, French, German, or Spanish! Americans are NOT known for being very receptive to foreign languages in the best of cases!

Big businesses,however, can ALWAYS obtain a work visa for the highly skilled foreign employees, and this within a couple of months (again, at very high expenses), but if you are concerned about the "foreigners taking American jobs," these highly paid "special cases" are the ones taking the jobs that most American would gladly take, the very well paid jobs, not "piking peaches in 95 degrees weather, 10 hours a day, for minimum wages."

Again, this issue is too complex to just apply the "Black and white, Right and Left, right and wrong" dichotomy. But, if that is the way you want to look at it. . .it is obviously your right to do so.

There is another issue about "illegal immigration" that was brought up today on CNN.

Why the scornful quotes? You don't think just walking across the border is illegal? :D

Georgia is currently facing a 11,000 farm labor shortage because of the new anti-immigration law passed by that state. In spite of the unemployment rate in Georgia, there is not enough US citizens in Georgia willing to fill that void.

This is one of the many false arguments that leftwingers concoct to promote the invasion. Americans won't take the job AT BLACK MARKET LABOR WAGES. Americans wouldn't do ANYTHING, not just farming, at the exploitative wages employers know they can force on people who are afraid of being turned in to the immigration authorities. In the permanent absence of the illegal aliens, the wage offered farm labor would rise until some citizen took the job, or automation would replace them. Those farmers are BREAKING THE LAW by hiring black market illegal labor. Oh, boo hoo, their criminal enterprise has fallen on hard times

Why the scornful quotes? You don't think just walking across the border is illegal? :D

This is one of the many false arguments that leftwingers concoct to promote the invasion. Americans won't take the job AT BLACK MARKET LABOR WAGES. Americans wouldn't do ANYTHING, not just farming, at the exploitative wages employers know they can force on people who are afraid of being turned in to the immigration authorities. In the permanent absence of the illegal aliens, the wage offered farm labor would rise until some citizen took the job, or automation would replace them. Those farmers are BREAKING THE LAW by hiring black market illegal labor. Oh, boo hoo, their criminal enterprise has fallen on hard times

Scornful? You ARE a funny guy, aren't you? :)

Just because you don't like a news story doesn't make it "false arguments."
You offer your opinion, and I respect your right to do that. However, you have no fact to support your opinion in this case (and it seems to be a trend in the way you post. . .lots of opinions that are stated as facts, but not supported by factual data).

For the fourth time: I am not sure how I feel about this specific issue.

I don't believe anybody else was keeping track, so thanks for doing it for us. :rolleyes:

And I do appreciate that you expressed your opinion in a clear, logical and respecful manner.

That is my ultimate goal in this forum.......to express my opinions in a manner that meets or exceeds your approval and expectations. :rolleyes:

I was one of those "out of state" student when I first when to college in California. I had just moved from Pennsylvania, and thus had to pay out of state tuition for my first semester. So I am well aware of the issue.

Actually you are completely missing the "issue". The issue is not about out-of-state tuition costs. The issue is about CRIMINAL ALIENS receiving the same in-state tuition benefits as legal U.S. citizens.

In the other hand, I resent the term "criminal alien" when associated to people who may have entered (or been brought in childhood) to this country illegally, but have not committed any criminal acts, have demonstrated their desire to integrate fully in our society, and have the potential to achieve educational goals that, in the long run, may help our country.

I'm not the least bit surprised that you "resent the term CRIMINAL ALIEN". Leftists LOVE criminal aliens and the millions of votes they bring to their "cause". Do you not understand the concept of breaking laws? Can you not wrap your brain around the fact that non-U.S. citizens who enter the United States ILLEGALLY are VIOLATING FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAWS? Just because your hero, Barack Hussein Obama, doesn't believe in enforcing federal immigration laws doesn't mean that it's LEGAL for millions of people from other countries to cross U.S. borders whenever they please.

There is another issue about "illegal immigration" that was brought up today on CNN. Georgia is currently facing a 11,000 farm labor shortage because of the new anti-immigration law passed by that state. In spite of the unemployment rate in Georgia, there is not enough US citizens in Georgia willing to fill that void. In fact, the State government is now looking at using parolees to help with the situation. The Georgia farmers are stating that, even when they do find US farm workers willing to do the job, it takes three of them to do the same work as ONE of those alien workers.

So your justification for allowing CRIMINAL ALIENS to freely enter our country whenever they please, is because they are willing to pick lettuce and tomatoes for a buck an hour? Any employer who knowingly pays criminal aliens to do work for them is just as guilty of a crime as the criminal aliens are. Let's call these farmers "CRIMINAL EMPLOYERS".

So, the issue of immigration (legal and illegal) have never been simple, and is NOT a Right or Left issue. It is not even an American issue. It is a worldwide issue. And all the whining and crying and hating, and insulting do NOTHING to resolve or even to make progress toward resolving this issue.

The "issue" of ILLEGAL immigration into the United States is a POLITICAL issue, especially for the leftists. Please share with us any information you have that makes illegal "immigration" a "worldwide issue". I would be real interested to know how many other countries are currently allowing millions of illegal "immigrants" to cross their borders, rome freely without fear of being detained and deported, receive a myriad of social services, commit crimes, take jobs away from legal citizens, etc., etc., etc.

You mentionned that "In the early 1900s, those millions of immigrants who entered the United States via Ellis Island, waited for days, sometimes weeks, to get processed, and in many cases get healthy enough, so they could begin their American dream. Those millions of immigrants swore their loyalty to their new country, promised to assimilate into American society and learn the language and customs of this country, and many even "Americanized" their last names, while at the same time still having the freedom to preserve their own religious and cultural beliefs." I much admire those people who made the base of today's America. However, today immigration doesn't just consist in a "few days, even a few weeks" of waiting, it consists of YEARS of waiting, and a great amount of money is involved in the immigration application, which sometime, after those many months, even years, is simply turned down.

So, because our current immigration laws are cumbersome and outdated, your solution, and the solution of other leftists like you, is to ignore those laws and open our borders for everybody and anybody who wants to enter the United States? Your answer is to effectively DISSOLVE our borders?

And even those courageous early 20's century immigrants DIDN'T learn English in 2 or 3 years any more than today's immigrants (legal or not) can do this. In fact, MANY new immigrants NEVER learn to speak American English fluently. . .but their children do, and many (if the parents are smart) will grow up speaking two languages instead of one. That was true 100 years ago, and it is true today. Face it, it would take YOU more than 2 years to learn to be fluent in Italian, French, German, or Spanish! Americans are NOT known for being very receptive to foreign languages in the best of cases!

What does learning another language have to do with CRIMINAL ALIENS? Is this another of your nonsensical justifications for allowing CRIMINAL ALIENS to enter the United States whenever they want...........because these people will have the opportunity to learn another language?

Big businesses,however, can ALWAYS obtain a work visa for the highly skilled foreign employees, and this within a couple of months (again, at very high expenses), but if you are concerned about the "foreigners taking American jobs," these highly paid "special cases" are the ones taking the jobs that most American would gladly take, the very well paid jobs, not "piking peaches in 95 degrees weather, 10 hours a day, for minimum wages."

A typical leftist ideology. Class warfare. The "haves versus the have nots". False accusations of bigotry and racism. It's always the same bunch of nonsense. Very tiresome, but entirely predictable.

Again, this issue is too complex to just apply the "Black and white, Right and Left, right and wrong" dichotomy. But, if that is the way you want to look at it. . .it is obviously your right to do so.

You made a simple case of CRIMINAL ALIEN INFESTATION into a complex spider web of social engineering, multi-cultural clap-trap, and ridiculous attempts at justifying the circumvention of federal immigration laws.

Werbung:
I don't believe anybody else was keeping track, so thanks for doing it for us. :rolleyes: .

Obviously not, as i have been accused repeatedly of supporting this bill!

That is my ultimate goal in this forum.......to express my opinions in a manner that meets or exceeds your approval and expectations. :rolleyes: .

I really do appreciate this, so kind and mature of you! ;)

Actually you are completely missing the "issue". The issue is not about out-of-state tuition costs. The issue is about CRIMINAL ALIENS receiving the same in-state tuition benefits as legal U.S. citizens. .

The OP specifically addresses the Maryland Dream Act. . . .Maybe you didn't notice?

I'm not the least bit surprised that you "resent the term CRIMINAL ALIEN". Leftists LOVE criminal aliens and the millions of votes they bring to their "cause". Do you not understand the concept of breaking laws? Can you not wrap your brain around the fact that non-U.S. citizens who enter the United States ILLEGALLY are VIOLATING FEDERAL IMMIGRATION LAWS? Just because your hero, Barack Hussein Obama, doesn't believe in enforcing federal immigration laws doesn't mean that it's LEGAL for millions of people from other countries to cross U.S. borders whenever they please. .

I don't think this tirade is worth my answering it, since it is only ranting and raving.

So your justification for allowing CRIMINAL ALIENS to freely enter our country whenever they please, is because they are willing to pick lettuce and tomatoes for a buck an hour? Any employer who knowingly pays criminal aliens to do work for them is just as guilty of a crime as the criminal aliens are. Let's call these farmers "CRIMINAL EMPLOYERS". .

I totally agree: The BEST way to curb (not stop it. . .I don't think it can ever be stopped completely) illegal immigration is to come down hard on the "criminal employers," although, once again, I believe the term "criminal" is an over statement.

The "issue" of ILLEGAL immigration into the United States is a POLITICAL issue, especially for the leftists. Please share with us any information you have that makes illegal "immigration" a "worldwide issue". I would be real interested to know how many other countries are currently allowing millions of illegal "immigrants" to cross their borders, rome freely without fear of being detained and deported, receive a myriad of social services, commit crimes, take jobs away from legal citizens, etc., etc., etc. .

Sure, because when we had Republican administration, obviously we didn't have illegal immigration in the U.S., or maybe it just wasn't a problem?
And in term of illegal immigration issues in other countries. . .I suggest that you go to Wikepedia and look at "illegal immigration." You may be particularly interested in the section that lists the problem per country. And, obviously, each of these countries may not have "MILLIONS" of illegals immigrants, but proportionally by size, their problem is either as large or larger than ours!

So, because our current immigration laws are cumbersome and outdated, your solution, and the solution of other leftists like you, is to ignore those laws and open our borders for everybody and anybody who wants to enter the United States? Your answer is to effectively DISSOLVE our borders? .

No. My solution is to deter illegal immigration by making it harder for illegal immigrants to get jobs. However, this will impact businesses a lot more than what the "immigration haters" realize.

What does learning another language have to do with CRIMINAL ALIENS? Is this another of your nonsensical justifications for allowing CRIMINAL ALIENS to enter the United States whenever they want...........because these people will have the opportunity to learn another language? .

The fact is that, even in the US, a bilingual person has an advantage over a monolingual person of the same education/intelligence. I believe that it would behoove US citizens to finally get serious about learning a second language. . .and since Spanish is one of the most spoken language in the world, it wouldn't be a bad choice. But, really, any second language would be better than none.

A typical leftist ideology. Class warfare. The "haves versus the have nots". False accusations of bigotry and racism. It's always the same bunch of nonsense. Very tiresome, but entirely predictable. .

Where did you read that? I assume that next you will accuse me of being "jealous" of hard working people who deserve every penny they make! Well, just let me tell you that I am not exactly homeless and penniless! ;)

You made a simple case of CRIMINAL ALIEN INFESTATION into a complex spider web of social engineering, multi-cultural clap-trap, and ridiculous attempts at justifying the circumvention of federal immigration laws.

Just consider this tendency to be a "professional bias." By the way, once again, I have never "attempted to justify the circumvention of federal immigration laws!"

Back