Progressive Bushs stick their foot in their mouths...again

Gipper

Just shut the hell up and go away...

If only Reagan had not picked HW for VP, we would never have had to endure his and sonny boys disastrous progressive presidencies.

And just think, we likely would not have suffered under BJ Bubba or BO as presidents either. God...what a HUGE F-ing mistake!!!

George H.W. Bush: 'Who the hell is Grover Norquist anyway?'

President George H.W. Bush, the one-term chief executive and father of the more recent President George W. Bush, lashed out at taxpayer advocate Grover Norquist in an interview with Parade Magazine, saying Mr. Norquist's no-new-taxes pledge is a mistake.
Mr. Bush, who famously broke his "read my lips" pledge by raising taxes, said lawmakers can't be bound by those kinds of promises because circumstances change.
"The rigidity of those pledges is something I don't like. The circumstances change and you can't be wedded to some formula by Grover Norquist. It's—who the hell is Grover Norquist, anyway?" Mr. Bush told the magazine in an interview published this weekend. (link: www.parade.com/news/2012/07/preview-exclusive-parade-interview-president-mrs-bush.html)
His wife, Barbara, chimed in on Mr. Norquist: "I think he ought to go back to Alaska" — a reference to her comment in 2010 when she said she wished Sarah Palin, the GOP's 2008 vice presidential nominee, would curtail her national presence.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...orge-hw-bush-who-hell-grover-norquist-anyway/

Werbung:
Just shut the hell up and go away...

If only Reagan had not picked HW for VP, we would never have had to endure his and sonny boys disastrous progressive presidencies.

And just think, we likely would not have suffered under BJ Bubba or BO as presidents either. God...what a HUGE F-ing mistake!!!

He has a point -- with all of these pledges everyone essentially demands you sign before you even get elected -- your hands are tied before you even take office. I see little point in demanding that our elected leaders have no leeway to make tough decisions.

He has a point -- with all of these pledges everyone essentially demands you sign before you even get elected -- your hands are tied before you even take office. I see little point in demanding that our elected leaders have no leeway to make tough decisions.

I am so glad you can see old man Bush's point.

Why is it the Bushs feel compelled to dump on conservatives? They have done it many times. SHUT THE F**K UP! No one is making an issue about this no-tax pledge, but HW feels he needs to chime in with foolishness. Have you ever heard old man bush or his dumbass progressive sons say anything good about conservatives? Why has old man Bush not dumped on BO?

Do you see MY point?

I am so glad you can see old man Bush's point.

Why is it the Bushs feel compelled to dump on conservatives? They have done it many times. SHUT THE F**K UP! No one is making an issue about this no-tax pledge, but HW feels he needs to chime in with foolishness. Have you ever heard old man bush or his dumbass progressive sons say anything good about conservatives? Why has old man Bush not dumped on BO?

Do you see MY point?

President Bush is a moderate Republican -- it is not surprising he would not want to get behind someone like Sarah Palin.

Additionally -- as for their record on backing conservatives -- President Bush (and his sons) have served in the White House (and Governor's mansions of various states) and for years governed under gernally Republican principles. If that does not prove their values to you -- then nothing will.

President Bush is a moderate Republican -- it is not surprising he would not want to get behind someone like Sarah Palin.

Additionally -- as for their record on backing conservatives -- President Bush (and his sons) have served in the White House (and Governor's mansions of various states) and for years governed under gernally Republican principles. If that does not prove their values to you -- then nothing will.

Republican and conservative are not the same thing.

Both HW and W were moderate progressives.

Republican and conservative are not the same thing.

Both HW and W were moderate progressives.

What is "conservative"? A fixed and immutable body of dogmata or a way of looking at the world?

(I think Russell Kirk is the one who said this)

I have no idea how you attribute such a label to them without answering the question...

What is "conservative"? A fixed and immutable body of dogmata, or a way of looking at the world?

George W. Bush is a progressive ? LOL ! That's rich ! He's no more a progressive than the Pope is pro-choice or Ahmedinijad is pro Israel !
He's a born-again evangelical Christian with strong ties to the religious right . Sheesh ! Throughout his disastrous presidency he was always kissing the behinds of the leaders of the religious right, which is the American Taliban .

George W. Bush is a progressive ? LOL !
I'm sure you'd also laugh at learning Teddy Roosevelt was a Progressive.

Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt was the 26th President of the United States of America (1901–1909). He is noted for his exuberant personality, range of interests and achievements, and his leadership of the Progressive Movement, as well as his "cowboy" persona and robust masculinity.He was a leader of the Republican Party and founder of the short-lived Progressive ("Bull Moose") Party of 1912.
That's right... A Progressive Republican, it must blow your mind to learn such things exist.

George W. Bush, another Progressive Republican:

Discretionary defense spending was increased by 107%, discretionary domestic spending by 62%, Medicare spending by 131%, social security by 51%, and income security spending by 130%. Cyclically adjusted, revenues rose by 35% and spending by 65%. Also proportionally Bush increased government spending more than any predecessor since LBJ.
Between 2003 and 2004, following the 2003 tax cuts, the share of after-tax income going to the top 1% rose from 12.2% in 2003 to 14.0% in 2004. (This followed the period from 2000 to 2002, where after-tax incomes declined the most for the top 1%.) At the same time, the share of overall tax liabilities of the top 1% increased from 22.9% to 25.3%, as the result of a tax system which became more progressive since 2000.
In 2005, the Republican controlled House of Representatives passed a GSE reform bill (Federal Housing Finance Reform Act) which "would have created a stronger regulator with new powers to increase capital at Fannie and Freddie, to limit their portfolios and to deal with the possibility of receivership". However, the Bush administration opposed the bill and it died in the Senate.
The Bush economic policy regarding Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac changed during the economic downturn of 2008, culminating in the federal takeover of the two largest lenders in the mortgage market. Further economic challenges have resulted in the Bush administration attempting an economic intervention, through a requested $700 billion bailout package for Wall Street investment houses.
President Bush signed the Sarbanes-Oxley Act into law during July 2002, which he called "the most far-reaching reforms of American business practices since the time of Franklin Delano Roosevelt."
If it weren't for Bush's two wars and his broken promise of NO NATION BUILDING, which resulted in massive increases in military spending, he'd be a folk hero to the Progressive Left - He massively increased the size and scope of the Welfare State, made the Progressive Income Tax even MORE Progressive, opposed stricter regulation of GOVERNMENT run industries while supporting crippling regulation of PRIVATE sector industries, supported and enacted bailouts and stimulus.

George W. Bush is a progressive ? LOL ! That's rich ! He's no more a progressive than the Pope is pro-choice or Ahmedinijad is pro Israel !
He's a born-again evangelical Christian with strong ties to the religious right . Sheesh ! Throughout his disastrous presidency he was always kissing the behinds of the leaders of the religious right, which is the American Taliban .
I think when it came to spending he spent like a liberal progressive and had no problem expanding government. Socially he was more conservative

What is "conservative"?
Someone who doesn't abandon the Free Market in order to "save" it.
Someone who doesn't engage in Nation Building after promising not to.
Someone who doesn't Nationalize failing firms (AIG).
Someone who doesn't bailout Wall Street.
Someone who doesn't subscribe to the Keynesian policy of using spending as economic stimulus.
Someone who doesn't make the Progressive Income Tax even more Progressive.

Someone who doesn't abandon the Free Market in order to "save" it.
Someone who doesn't engage in Nation Building after promising not to.
Someone who doesn't Nationalize failing firms (AIG).
Someone who doesn't bailout Wall Street.
Someone who doesn't subscribe to the Keynesian policy of using spending as economic stimulus.
Someone who doesn't make the Progressive Income Tax even more Progressive.

So you define conservatism based on what someone does not do?

Ie -- I didn't bail out Wall Street -- therefore I am conservative...or I don't subscribe to the Keynesian policy of using spending as economic stimulus...therefore I am conservative?

That does not offer a definition -- what if I don't believe in the Keynesian model because I believe in the model that I take everything you own and shoot you -- am I conservative? Under your statement yes.

So you define conservatism based on what someone does not do?

Ie -- I didn't bail out Wall Street -- therefore I am conservative...or I don't subscribe to the Keynesian policy of using spending as economic stimulus...therefore I am conservative?

That does not offer a definition -- what if I don't believe in the Keynesian model because I believe in the model that I take everything you own and shoot you -- am I conservative? Under your statement yes.
In my mind, you can't DO those things and still consider yourself a Conservative, that was my point.

You want a definition?

Conservative: One who subscribes to a philosophy of Classical Liberalism - Believes in Individualism, Free Markets and Laissez Faire Capitalism, Minimal Taxation, equal treatment under the law, and supports a Minimalist government that operates within the bounds of the Constitution.

Go ahead an apply that to Bush...

Werbung:
In my mind, you can't DO those things and still consider yourself a Conservative, that was my point.

You want a definition?

Conservative: One who subscribes to a philosophy of Classical Liberalism - Believes in Individualism, Free Markets and Laissez Faire Capitalism, Minimal Taxation, equal treatment under the law, and supports a Minimalist government that operates within the bounds of the Constitution.

Go ahead an apply that to Bush...

So its more a way you view the world -- than a fixed and immutable body of dogmata? That seems to be what you are saying? Right?

If that is the case -- is there any room for any compromise? If I see the world generally through a conservative lens -- and I cut a deal to make a 10% across the board cut in tax rates -- but maybe part of that deal is I have to give a government guarantee to a failing bank -- am I suddenly not conservative?

Do I lose my conservative values simply because I have to operate in a political reality?

Back