Prove my homosexuality harms you or your family

Hurts me??? I never claimed you did. Im the one that feels pitty, not pain.

Don't bother feeling pity for me. I am the one who pities you for wasting all your time and bandwidth trying to argue a point that you clearly don't have.

Werbung:
Don't bother feeling pity for me. I am the one who pities you for wasting all your time and bandwidth trying to argue a point that you clearly don't have.

Ive made my points. I neither dispute the fact that you dudes who like to bugger each other in the but, doesnt really 'harm" me, or that it is your "own private affair." Neither are an arguement that it follows that we should license and regulate this but buggering.

Ive made my points. I neither dispute the fact that you dudes who like to bugger each other in the but, doesnt really 'harm" me, or that it is your "own private affair." Neither are an arguement that it follows that we should license and regulate this but buggering.

Once again, assuming that marriage is all about sex. Sex, sex, sex.

Could it be that marriage is actually about joining two people who are in love to form a stronger partnership?

I'll jump in with this opinion.

First off... to me the word married only means two people who have chosen to be in a loving, monogamous relationship. If we want to put some kind of a "religious" meaning to it then the word marriage might also mean between a man and a woman.

But I'm not big on religious meanings dictating legal issues. So at the very least whatever it is called under the law... Civil Union... whatever, it should have the exact same legal standing as heterosexual marriage.

Then after the "Civil Union" ceremony the parties involved can call themselves married because the two definitions are interchangeable. Like buffalo & bison... same thing... different name.

Your question, to be honest, is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you gayness hurts anyone or not. This is a matter of societal norms. And this norm, that homos shouldn't marry, has been more of a civilizational norm for more than 2000 years.

That aside, there are many societal norms that some groups are never going to like. For example:

NAMBLA doesn't like that society frown on adults having sex with young boys.
Michael Vick's ilk doesn't like that society frown on dog fighting.
PETA doesn't like that society finds eating meat is no big deal.

The list goes on and on. None of the above "hurts" me in anyway. But even if something DID hurt me, it wouldn't matter. Society has spoken.

Once again, assuming that marriage is all about sex. Sex, sex, sex.

Could it be that marriage is actually about joining two people who are in love to form a stronger partnership?

Soooo you think a husband is presumed by law to be the biological father of any children his wife bears because they "are in love"? Are marriages between close family relations forbidden by law because they cant love each other?
Without sex there would be no purpose for licensing and regulating.

For what purpose? ..... you know, other than helping gays feel a little better about themselves.

I'll jump in with this opinion.

First off... to me the word married only means two people who have chosen to be in a loving, monogamous relationship. If we want to put some kind of a "religious" meaning to it then the word marriage might also mean between a man and a woman.

But I'm not big on religious meanings dictating legal issues. So at the very least whatever it is called under the law... Civil Union... whatever, it should have the exact same legal standing as heterosexual marriage.

Then after the "Civil Union" ceremony the parties involved can call themselves married because the two definitions are interchangeable. Like buffalo & bison... same thing... different name.

Your question, to be honest, is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you gayness hurts anyone or not. This is a matter of societal norms. And this norm, that homos shouldn't marry, has been more of a civilizational norm for more than 2000 years.

That aside, there are many societal norms that some groups are never going to like. For example:

NAMBLA doesn't like that society frown on adults having sex with young boys.
Michael Vick's ilk doesn't like that society frown on dog fighting.
PETA doesn't like that society finds eating meat is no big deal.

The list goes on and on. None of the above "hurts" me in anyway. But even if something DID hurt me, it wouldn't matter. Society has spoken.

Society spoke. They said the Earth was flat. They were wrong. Things changed.

Doctors used to vote on what they thought was the problem with a patient etc. hundreds of years ago, and the winning vote won, regardless of wether they knew it to be true or not

We need conservatives in this world, but we dont need ones like you whos reasoning is unbelievably backward, or without progression at best.

Gay marriage is a matter of opinion on top of that, so what society said is not even fact or solid.

We need conservatives in this world, but we dont need ones like you whos reasoning is unbelievably backward, or without progression at best.

No matter how much "progression" our society goes through, gay couples will still not create their own children.

That has nothing to do with marriage. You can marry and not have kids. I'm just asking what the problem is with them marrying.

Werbung:
I'm saying that having kids has nothing to do with marriage. How about we ban infertile couples from getting married...

Face it, your a homophobe. Only Christians and Homophobes have a problem with gay marriage. Sure, I find gay sex pretty repulsive, and I cant say I enjoy watching two men kissing, but at the same time, who am I to judge them on their sexual prefernce and who am I to stop them from getting married?

You don't like them because they are different, and you are too insecure about them to let them get married because you somehow think that if they do marry then all of society is going to fall down.

What would you do if your best man friend turned around to you tomorrow and told you he was gay? Would you deny him the right to be with the one he loved, and complete that relationship by getting married to them? If thats what they want, who the bloody hell are you to tell them they cant get married.

Back