Public Union Battle Royale

Centrehalf

Public sector unions and collective bargaining is a topic I've been interested in for awhile. My state is beginning to have this same debate, in fact we have a ballot initiative to vote on this November on this very topic. The outcome in Michigan won't really matter, it's going to end up in court no matter what. Many states are going to be taking on this topic over the next few years, which makes what happens in Wisconsin important to us all. The article points out that there isn't a lot of law on this issue, what happens here will effect all of us later on down the road.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...ision-produces-twist-in-Wisconsin-union-fight
This month, Dane County Judge Juan Colas ruled that the law violates both the state and federal constitutional rights of workers to free speech, free association, and equal representation under the law. Judge Colas also ruled that the law violates a special “home rule” charter of the state constitution that allows city workers in Milwaukee to determine their pension contributions rather than the state...

...Central to Colas’s decision is how he perceived Act 10 to treat two sets of public-sector workers differently: Although Act 10 addresses educators and public-safety workers, it has no effect on nonunionized workers, such as municipal clerks or courtroom employees.

When I first heard about this I was wondering what the judge took exception to. Now that I know I can understand. I don't entirely buy his argument but I can see how this is something he would want to kick up to a higher court.

It seems to me that the freedom of association argument is going to play a major role in this whole debate. I'm not going to entirely discount that argument, I just have a lot less sympathy for people who choose to enter the public sector and then bitch and moan about their compensation.

My main problem with what I've seen from public unions ,at least in Michigan, is that I think they disenfranchise voters.

Anyone have any thoughts or is this something no one cares about?

Werbung:
I'm completely anti-union. I've seen the damage they've created up-close and been affected by unions. The bottom line is, they cost me money and inconvenience. From property taxes, to the quality of education, to what I have to pay for groceries. I've also watched freighters loaded with food that goes rotten because of a dispute. I can shop at non-union stores and can save almost 50% on basic items I normally buy. Go for four months with a teamsters strike and find out how hard it is to find food.

I pulled my kids from public school to find private was ran more effeciently, better graduating stats and cost a lot less per child that tested better than the public schooled kids. I also hate the idea that I could start a business and then be shut out of competition because I wasn't union, but could do the job just as well if not better, and at a lot less cost. If my employees don't want to work for me at the wages I pay, then they don't have to take the bleeping job. Unions have hurt our economy. One of our local beaches had to cut back on lifeguards, even though more people go to the beach, because of their outrageous salaries and pensions. These guys have to retire early and they leave with 100 grand a year in retirement. Outrageous.

SEIU is the enemy--through Unions.
Saw them in L.A. when they were beginning to help bankrupt California.

They believe--an immigrant dishwasher in a fast-food restaurant with 12 children should have a salary sufficient to be able to afford a 13-bedroom home (1 bedroom per child) and all the accoutrements necessary to keep it going--including autombbiles. And all other needs.

Think that's crazy?--just ask anyone in the SEIU.

SEIU is the enemy--through Unions.
Saw them in L.A. when they were beginning to help bankrupt California.

They believe--an immigrant dishwasher in a fast-food restaurant with 12 children should have a salary sufficient to be able to afford a 13-bedroom home (1 bedroom per child) and all the accoutrements necessary to keep it going--including autombbiles. And all other needs.

Think that's crazy?--just ask anyone in the SEIU.
SEIU is clearly the thug wing of the Obama administration. A very dangerous group in this Country.

SEIU is clearly the thug wing of the Obama administration. A very dangerous group in this Country.

They talk about a "living wage"--read--"whatever lifestyle or emcumbrances one takes upon himself, society is expected to pony up the cash to make that happen".
Hyper-left-wing pure insanity. Beyond communism.

Maybe if the Big Mac went to $4,895.00 per--it would work.

Yet Obama has no communist ties, right? ;)

Oddly--and this gets rather cerebral--I think they are a hybrid--communist goals by using proven Nazi tactics.
The Perfect Storm (Troopers).
ALL based on cult of personality.
Like his hero--Mohammed.
Messianic--and Napoleonic--and wildly insane.

Yes ... a hybrid, but just as evil if not worst!

The great miscalculation that Axelrood shows in his eyes--the nation is not a broken down Weimar Germany.
They have too much too hide.

I will say this--look for Obama to leave the United States if he is defeated.

The great miscalculation that Axelrood shows in his eyes--the nation is not a broken down Weimar Germany.
They have too much too hide.

I will say this--look for Obama to leave the United States if he is defeated.

Nah....if he loses, the family is going to Hawaii. There are rumors that they bought a bazillion dollar estate there.

Werbung:
Back