Queen Elizabeth is making sacrifices,Why dont Obama do the same?

steveox

Queen Elizabeth cancels Christmas party in tough times

LONDON (Reuters Life!) – Queen Elizabeth has canceled a planned Christmas party at Buckingham Palace after deciding it would be inappropriate to celebrate as ordinary Britons feel the pinch from tough economic times.

The royal household thought the event, paid for by the Queen herself and usually staged every two years, would be unseemly as Britons cope with deep public spending cuts to bring down a record peacetime budget deficit.

"The queen is acutely aware of the difficult economic circumstances facing the country," a palace spokeswoman said on Thursday.

The Sun newspaper said the Christmas shindig, planned for December 13, cost 50,000 pounds ($79,000) and was to have been enjoyed by 1,200 guests.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_queen

Why dont Obama cancel the White House X Mas party? But noooo he rathers make the Tax payers pay for it asnd then raise the taxes to pay for it. Does anybody remember FDR? He made sacrifices during the great depression. You see Todays democrats are nothing like Democrats back in 1940s and beyond. Todays Democrats are wasteful spenders. This why the Tea Party is gonna set the Government straght

Werbung:
So he's chstise as not being a Christian or not Christian enough for some folks, but is chastised for planning a Christian event? Yeah, that makes sense, if you are an evangelical Republican.

Also this:

The royal household thought the event, paid for by the Queen herself and usually staged every two years, would be unseemly as Britons cope with deep public spending cuts to bring down a record peacetime budget deficit.

Erm, last time I checked, they were still fighting in Afghanistan.

So he's chstise as not being a Christian or not Christian enough for some folks, but is chastised for planning a Christian event? Yeah, that makes sense, if you are an evangelical Republican.

Also this:

Erm, last time I checked, they were still fighting in Afghanistan.

IF the UK is not being bombed by Germans, it does not count anymore

Correct,, Why didnt people listen to Hitler? I think its time to listen to these guys

kkk_1925.jpg

090802-aryan-hmed-3p.grid-6x2.jpg

b015.jpg

This should be filed under "humour".

Everyday is christmas for the parasitic saxe-coburg-gotha family

Comrade Stalin

Queen Elizabeth lives in a palace. She is the richest woman in the world. Stoping Christmas parties is not much of a sacrifice

\ She is the richest woman in the world. Stoping Christmas parties is not much of a sacrifice

Hardly. She's not even a billionaire.
Oprah's a billionaire, but I don't think she's even in the top 100.

At least Oprah does not run your country . Queen Elizabeth is ours and many others head of State. At least Scotland might vote for independence.

At least Oprah does not run your country . Queen Elizabeth is ours and many others head of State. At least Scotland might vote for independence.
Thought they had pretty well stripped her of any authority. And wjen are you guys going to punt england ?

Dogtower said "thought they had pretty well stripped her of any authority." You should see today's Australian newspapers. The conception of another child to Randy William covers the front page he also ask "And when you are going to punt England"I think it will be a long time. The last vote for a republic lost by a big margin. We will have to put up with British Head of states for a long time. Over to have a native Head of State!

Dogtower said "thought they had pretty well stripped her of any authority." You should see today's Australian newspapers. The conception of another child to Randy William covers the front page he also ask "And when you are going to punt England"I think it will be a long time. The last vote for a republic lost by a big margin. We will have to put up with British Head of states for a long time. Over to have a native Head of State!
Yes people enjoy their royals but do they hold power ? I thought not.

Werbung:
The Queen technically has the power to desolve parliament and dismiss the Prime Minister. Her representative the Governor-General did this in Australia in 1975.

Back