Question for Catholics

dahermit

Re: Communion.
Reading the Sarah Pahlin post about her not being able to take communion made me think of a question...I am not Catholic so I do not know.
I had an Aunt who was Catholic and divorced. At my Grandmother's funeral mass she took communion. Her former husband hearing of this, stated that her being Catholic and being divorced, should not have taken communion.

However years later, I found out that my aunt had divorced her husband because of his adultery, which brings up my question: Would she have been allowed to have the marriage annulled in the Catholic church because of the adultery, and then been allowed to take communion and even re-marry?

Werbung:
Re: Communion.
Reading the Sarah Pahlin post about her not being able to take communion made me think of a question...I am not Catholic so I do not know.
I had an Aunt who was Catholic and divorced. At my Grandmother's funeral mass she took communion. Her former husband hearing of this, stated that her being Catholic and being divorced, should not have taken communion.

However years later, I found out that my aunt had divorced her husband because of his adultery, which brings up my question: Would she have been allowed to have the marriage annulled in the Catholic church because of the adultery, and then been allowed to take communion and even re-marry?

Sarah Palin is not a Catholic, she can take communion anytime she wants to do it. And yes IF you have the marriage annulled BY THE RCC you still can take communion and yes you can re marry

Back