Question for Conservatives

Libsmasher

Does anyone else remember this?

Remember when the republican primaries were still going on? Remember the line pursued by the liberal media? The conservatives, especially Mitt Romney, were portrayed in dark terms, the historic American bigotry against mormons floated to the surface, and in the run up to the campaign, the lib media released the movie September Dawn, in support of the lib establishment's campaign to portray the religious right as a scary boogeymen.

During the primaries, McCain, the centrist, was portrayed in glowing terms and as a "decent" guy (the implication being the others weren't). They succeeded in getting McCain nominated, thus ensuring that the next president would be no farther right than centrist. That secured, they then launched on the negative campaign against McCain - it's not just from internet maggots like Popeye that the ageist stuff came, instead of Popeye's slurs, they would scale it back to insinuation. The Obama-worship and huge amount of airtime is a matter of record.

Remember this lib media two phase strategy?

Werbung:

Remember when the republican primaries were still going on? Remember the line pursued by the liberal media? The conservatives, especially Mitt Romney, were portrayed in dark terms, the historic American bigotry against mormons floated to the surface, and in the run up to the campaign, the lib media released the movie September Dawn, in support of the lib establishment's campaign to portray the religious right as a scary boogeymen.

During the primaries, McCain, the centrist, was portrayed in glowing terms and as a "decent" guy (the implication being the others weren't). They succeeded in getting McCain nominated, thus ensuring that the next president would be no farther right than centrist. That secured, they then launched on the negative campaign against McCain - it's not just from internet maggots like Popeye that the ageist stuff came, instead of Popeye's slurs, they would scale it back to insinuation. The Obama-worship and huge amount of airtime is a matter of record.

I think that's very unfair to say about Popeye and portrays exactly why Progressives are fighting back so hard this go around.

When John Kerry ran everyone on the Left tried to take the high road. I mean come on, Bush... barely showed up for the Texas National Guard. Cheney, Rumsfield total non servers. John Kerry was a decorated in country fighter that with his wealth & connections could EASILY got around military service... yet he volunteered to serve and fought, saved some lives, and he himself ended up being wounded.

The Republican Karl Rove strategy of Swift Boating good Americans has finally received the backlash it deserved years ago. That's all that's happened.

It's the old watch what you wish for... it might come true.:)

Bottom line... When you are up against the Republican Political Action Committee called FIXED NEWS... you'd better fight back early and often! Good for them!!! You too Popeye!;)

While I don't think it was the media that got McCain nominated (or even McCain; everyone else's start burned out and his was the only one left), I do remember when everyone was saying he was a great guy, moderate, independent, likable, etc. And then Super Tuesday came and he was Just Like Bush.

While I don't think it was the media that got McCain nominated (or even McCain; everyone else's start burned out and his was the only one left), I do remember when everyone was saying he was a great guy, moderate, independent, likable, etc. And then Super Tuesday came and he was Just Like Bush.

McCain was just the best choice. Huckaberry believes that god created the earth in 7 days and Romney thinks that there is a garden of eden in the US somewhere. McCane may be going senile but at least he is a little sane still.

Here we go again. Libsmasher introducing yet another topic inserted in intro "the liberal media".

Give it up Bub.

We know the mainstream media isn't liberal. Quite the opposite. CNN hosts PSYOPS...a military organization that practices pro-GOP propaganda, even on domestic populations. That's documented fact. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=17437

Mainstream media isn't liberal. The GOP isn't dumb. They know the flow of information is equal to the flow of power. Give credit where credit is due..

Oh yeah. Same thing they did when Dole ran against Clinton. During the primaries he was amazing, great, a leader, awe inspiring, war hero, no one could possibly be better.

Then when he got the nomination... old goofy guy, always holding a pen, can't keep his story straight, a relic from a bygone era... it was amazing. If I remember right, some of the reports covering the convention started the attack literally minutes after he was given the nomination, as in during the convention coverage. It was amazing.

Here we go again. Libsmasher introducing yet another topic inserted in intro "the liberal media".

Give it up Bub.

We know the mainstream media isn't liberal. Quite the opposite. CNN hosts PSYOPS...a military organization that practices pro-GOP propaganda, even on domestic populations. That's documented fact. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=17437

Mainstream media isn't liberal. The GOP isn't dumb. They know the flow of information is equal to the flow of power. Give credit where credit is due..

Good grief.. the media is unbelievably liberal. It's beyond stupid to think otherwise.

McCain was just the best choice. Huckaberry believes that god created the earth in 7 days and Romney thinks that there is a garden of eden in the US somewhere. McCane may be going senile but at least he is a little sane still.

Irrelevant.

The narrative was not that McCain was the best choice, but that he was fresh, a straight-talker, independent-minded, moderate, appealing, etc. -- i.e., not the least evil, but positively good. Now that the primary is over he has magically transformed into none of those things.

Give it up Bub.

In a thread full of howlers by Botheads, it's really hard to pick, but I have to give YOU The Stupendously Sillyass Post O' the Week Award! :D Congratulations!! :p ;) :)

Werbung:
Oh yeah. Same thing they did when Dole ran against Clinton. During the primaries he was amazing, great, a leader, awe inspiring, war hero, no one could possibly be better.

Then when he got the nomination... old goofy guy, always holding a pen, can't keep his story straight, a relic from a bygone era... it was amazing. If I remember right, some of the reports covering the convention started the attack literally minutes after he was given the nomination, as in during the convention coverage. It was amazing.

I think I remember that! :eek: The McCain is "decent" phase morphing into the personal attack phase would be a carbon copy of the Dole campaign! Incidentally, do you notice the "soft" defamation in the "decent" descriptions? It's "hey he's a good guy, just not up to the job".

Back