Questions On The Economic Collapse Of America

Chip

It's the wee hours of Thursday morning, and again I cannot sleep, my mind racing with questions in the wake of the ongoing economic collapse of our country.

How many Americans will suffer from it all, and to what degree?

Was it all so really necessary?

In our unhealthy neurotically competitive world, who will hire the millions of comparatively less productive older Americans whose once trusted but now decimated retirement accounts will keep them job hunting on the street corners well into their seventies, long after they've silently disappeared from our meaningless statistics of unemployment?

Who in the world has the incredible wealth to buy and absorb all these worthless falling stocks? The king of Saudi Arabia? Al Qaeda? A Chinese consortium? Our own super-rich? And why are they doing so; for what ultimate purpose?

How much longer will it take before continued outsourcing, off-shoring, in-sourcing and foreign owners render most Americans the poorest people on the planet? Will it really matter to us if the "economic sector" bounces back?

Are corporate elitism and political correctness really more important than the quality of life for the overwhelming vast majority or the very survival of our people and our nation? Do the scribes and Pharisees of today really warrant the worship we've apparently accorded them?

As the masses wondered 2100 years ago in Jerusalem, and 80 years ago in Berlin, where is that one "savior" who will arise to rescue and provide us a renewed sense of national purpose?

Truly, there are no real heroes in sight, only opportunistic mercenaries with hidden agendas, as far as the eye can see.

So I look into the mirror ... and I wonder what will become of me ... and who that courageous hero is.

Werbung:
Back