Race Relations Have Improved, Obama Says

Reddie

Speaking at a "black" college Obama said that race relations have improved. Fact though is race divisions have got worse. A 2015 survey revealed that race relations were better when Reagan and Bush were presidents. Strange. Considering the fact that Republicans are believed to be racist.

Thoughts?

Werbung:
Thoughts ? You can tell when he is lying because his lips are moving.

I wonder if he has a clue about what a poor liar he is

Speaking at a "black" college Obama said that race relations have improved. Fact though is race divisions have got worse. A 2015 survey revealed that race relations were better when Reagan and Bush were presidents. Strange. Considering the fact that Republicans are believed to be racist.

Thoughts?

Unlike bigots like Doggy, you had to actually listen to what Obama was speaking of:

http://www.bet.com/news/national/2016/05/08/obama-says-race-relations-improved.html

"Obama continued to remark on the huge changes he himself has witnessed. "A lot of folks didn't even think Blacks had the tools to be a quarterback," he said. "When I was a graduate, the main Black hero on TV was Mr. T." But today, he said, "We're producers, studio executives. We're no longer small-business owners, we're CEOs. We're mayors, representatives," to which someone in the crowd proudly yelled back, "President!"

Obama continued to say that the new issues face their generation, such as disease and conflict worldwide, new challenges from terrorism and climate change. "America needs you to gladly, happily take up that work ... so enjoy the party, because you're going to be busy," Obama, who was awarded an honorary doctor of science degree during the commencement, said. "So make no mistake Class of 2016. You've got plenty of work to do." "

He never said it was perfect, just that it was better. Unfortunately, if it was left to the bigots we would still have slavery.

I think racial divisions have gotten worse, but Obama had nothing to do with it. I think most of the racial set backs we have seen in this country can be vastly attributed to all the police shootings of young black men (some of whom were unarmed) that have occurred in the past few years. These incidents were all highly publicized and most of them resulted in protests (some peaceful, some violent).

I think racial divisions have gotten worse, but Obama had nothing to do with it. I think most of the racial set backs we have seen in this country can be vastly attributed to all the police shootings of young black men (some of whom were unarmed) that have occurred in the past few years. These incidents were all highly publicized and most of them resulted in protests (some peaceful, some violent).
You don't feel BO fanned those flames ?

No more then any right wing nut. Now, why not give an example of how you think Obama did.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/05...apitalism-donald-trump-and-right-wing-terror/

"Meanwhile the Republican Party has continued its march to the right, with racism as a key part of its message. Republicans since Richard Nixon have been using their “Southern Strategy” to divide people by making veiled racist appeals, coupled with reactionary “culture war” ideas and attacks on abortion and women’s rights. The right wing refuses to recognize global warming while cutting taxes for the already wealthy and pushing policies that deregulate governmental oversight of corporate power. There has also been a revival of the right wing Ku Klux Klan and neo-Nazi domestic terrorist groups, both of which have long histories of racist murder and genocide. For this election, moreover, the Republicans have fielded a candidate in Donald Trump who has put aside the usual veiled racist appeals and is openly signaling his affinity with these white supremacist organizations."

The documentary Hating Obama has noted that among conservatives in the closet racism has become more open, often trying to be subliminal in this age of political correctness. However, the documentary is only looking at conservatives who have always been cynical regarding non-whites, who often vote democratic, anyway.

Anyhow, despite the figures in my comment, any kind of open hate is going to make race relations more sour. It puts more fuel on the negative fire.

Well, since this topic again came to the forefront, Dog, would you give an example of how Obama "fanned" the flames of racism? It has been a month since I first asked, and you have given nothing.

Werbung:
Back