Rally for the rebel flag

LilAnn

"Around 100 people had already arrived at Stone Mountain Park for a rally celebrating the Confederate flag by around 9:45 a.m. Saturday, and traffic on nearby I-285 and U.S. 78 was backed up for miles.

Caravans from all over Georgia bore unwavering rebel flags as they streamed into the park’s Yellow Daisy parking lot for the day-long event, which approximately 1,000 people are expected to attend..."

http://news.blog.ajc.com/2015/08/01...upporters-arrive-for-rally-at-stone-mountain/

If this rally is a success, I imagine it will spread throughout the entire south. If we get one a little closer than 9 hours away, I can promise you'll see my husband and me there. Taking our flag, and attempting to varnish our southern pride ,with hateful accusations that was brought on by the ignorance of rebel rousers and attention seekers makes my stomach turn. And I'm not alone. You don't simply walk into the south and try to change us. And that flag is an important part of who we are.

Werbung:
I love these rallies! Where I live, hundreds of people have been driving their cars and pick-up trucks through neighboring towns, and parking in every Walmart parking lot along the way, Rebel flags waving! I have heard a nasty rumor that they want to deface Stone Mountain, and remove Robert E.Lee! I hope that's not true, cause I will be there!

I love these rallies! Where I live, hundreds of people have been driving their cars and pick-up trucks through neighboring towns, and parking in every Walmart parking lot along the way, Rebel flags waving! I have heard a nasty rumor that they want to deface Stone Mountain, and remove Robert E.Lee! I hope that's not true, cause I will be there!
Some have called for it. Nothing serious of course but still needless race baiting.

keep it up, we killed alot of southerns before flying it....Ignorant racists
How dare you call me an ignorant racist? I'm about tired of your BS! You are just ignorant AND stupid! I have lived in the north for years, before thankfully coming home, and I've NEVER seen racism in the south like I saw in the New England states, and N.Y. and N.J! Enjoy your crumbling cities and morally bankrupt lifestyle! The north has done sooo well, right? That's why none of you all can resist moving to the south and trying to ruin it with your failed liberalism! Down here, we don't kill each other because of race...blacks and whites respect each other!

How dare you call me an ignorant racist? I'm about tired of your BS! You are just ignorant AND stupid! I have lived in the north for years, before thankfully coming home, and I've NEVER seen racism in the south like I saw in the New England states, and N.Y. and N.J! Enjoy your crumbling cities and morally bankrupt lifestyle! The north has done sooo well, right? That's why none of you all can resist moving to the south and trying to ruin it with your failed liberalism! Down here, we don't kill each other because of race...blacks and whites respect each other!
He thinks northerners cared about slavery. And then speaks of ignorance
Nice kid but out of touch.

The NAACP wants it taken down and sold to the highest bidder. That carving is the largest in the world of its kind, and it to around 50 years to complete. And they want it gone?? This whole ordeal is eating me up. Everyone around me has attached rebel flags o their vehicles.

they want the entire thing gone... Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, stonewall Jackson, and I can't remember the 4th. They are also changing the names of fundraisers somewhere up north because Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson owned slaves. I wonder how many presidents and generals they are going to cut out of the history books.

Did you know that post civil war, black people felt more comfortable in the South than the North? Up North people weren't that accustomed to seeing blacks, so they got stared at and could hear people whispering behind their backs. In the south everyone was used to seeing blacks, so hey were almost completely ignored.

Also, we won the war, so we write it the way we want... but its no coincidence that immediately after England declared slavery illegal in any of their territories, the people over here, including northerners, wanted to go to war.

I'm far from ignorant, and even further from being a racist. This attitude coming from the North, where you think you know a damn thing about what goes on in the South, and act like you know better than us, and judging all of us because you like to pretend you are superior is the reason we don't want y'all down here, at all.

aww that was cute, only reason any sane person up here moves south is weather...not the poor education system and systemic racism of the south

He thinks northerners cared about slavery. And then speaks of ignorance
Nice kid but out of touch.
YOu mean the north that had no slaves, and tried to ban if from the start but did not have hte power to do so? its amazing how people in the south think they where somehow not fighting for slavery. and the North fought both for the Union and to end slavery..both better then treason and for it.

Did you know that post civil war, black people felt more comfortable in the South than the North? Up North people weren't that accustomed to seeing blacks, so they got stared at and could hear people whispering behind their backs. In the south everyone was used to seeing blacks, so hey were almost completely ignored.

Also, we won the war, so we write it the way we want... but its no coincidence that immediately after England declared slavery illegal in any of their territories, the people over here, including northerners, wanted to go to war.

I'm far from ignorant, and even further from being a racist. This attitude coming from the North, where you think you know a damn thing about what goes on in the South, and act like you know better than us, and judging all of us because you like to pretend you are superior is the reason we don't want y'all down here, at all.

Yes i Know , blacks where so much better as slaves and I hear many wanted to join the KKK later for the love fest. Your ignorance is amazing.

Yes i Know , blacks where so much better as slaves and I hear many wanted to join the KKK later for the love fest. Your ignorance is amazing.
lol Is that what you took from that?

Don't even try to pretend racism doesn't happen up north! The difference is down here, those KKK members are actually honest about their racism. But living in the south and being proud of it is by no means racist.

My ignorance is amazing? When you have spent any time down here, then complain about the south all you want. Until then, by definition, someone in this thread IS extremely ignorant and talking out their ass, like yankees tend to do... and it isn't me...Or grey... or dogtowner...

YOu mean the north that had no slaves, and tried to ban if from the start but did not have hte power to do so? its amazing how people in the south think they where somehow not fighting for slavery. and the North fought both for the Union and to end slavery..both better then treason and for it.
No slaves in the north ? You don't actually believe that do you ?
They fought because they couldn't afford to buy off conscription.

Werbung:
Back