Rapists, drug dealers, toddlers.....

PLC1

Staff member
...who sometimes grow up to be star students

Star US student in storm after admitting she is 'undocumented' migrant

A Texas high-school valedictorian has been thrust into the tense US immigration debate after declaring on social media she is an undocumented migrant.

Mayte Lara graduated from David Crocket high school in Austin this month, posting her picture on Twitter along with: “Valedictorian, 4.5GPA, full tuition paid for at UT, 13 cords/medals, nice legs, oh and I’m undocumented.”

Maybe the illegals aren't all the same after all, what do you think?

Werbung:
I used to have a very isolationist attitude when it comes to illegals or people that want to immigrate to the U.S. My feelings have changed. Sure, I think there should be a process that people have to go through to become citizens, but we should be more lenient. The reason being is that if less people have to hide while attempting to gain citizenship, it is only more taxpayers that we have on the payroll as a government. The fact of the matter is most of these people aren't criminals (except for their illegal citizen status) and work hard for sub-par wages because they are undocumented.

So, then, what should be done with people whose parents brought them here illegally as small children?
The same thing as you do with the illegal parents.
You can deport them or you can make it unattractive to be here so that they choose to leave. The latter is cheaper and easier.

I used to have a very isolationist attitude when it comes to illegals or people that want to immigrate to the U.S. My feelings have changed. Sure, I think there should be a process that people have to go through to become citizens, but we should be more lenient. The reason being is that if less people have to hide while attempting to gain citizenship, it is only more taxpayers that we have on the payroll as a government. The fact of the matter is most of these people aren't criminals (except for their illegal citizen status) and work hard for sub-par wages because they are undocumented.
They often work hard which is why they make good money on their fake documentation.
I can see a need to revisit immigration but the main point is to insure that we have a need for what they have to offer.

The same thing as you do with the illegal parents.
You can deport them or you can make it unattractive to be here so that they choose to leave. The latter is cheaper and easier.
Yes, the latter would no doubt be effective.
Much more effective than building a wall.

Of course, the employers of illegals would oppose encouraging them to go back to their home country.

Yes, the latter would no doubt be effective.
Much more effective than building a wall.

Of course, the employers of illegals would oppose encouraging them to go back to their home country.
Not if they were prosecuted for illegally hiring them. Jail time is not appealing.

So, then, what should be done with people whose parents brought them here illegally as small children?
Those who are here now, let them stay.

Give them social security numbers and try to get some payroll tax out of them.

We need a wall. It is the only thing Trump has said that makes sense. However Trump won't be around to build it.

Hillary will need to build it.

Those who are here now, let them stay.

Give them social security numbers and try to get some payroll tax out of them.

We need a wall. It is the only thing Trump has said that makes sense. However Trump won't be around to build it.

Hillary will need to build it.
Either let them stay, or let them go back to the home country and apply for legal entry. If they pass a background check and can show they've been living and paying taxes in the US (adults paying taxes that is) let them back in legally and give them a path to citizenship.

Hillary won't build it. Mexico won't build it. It won't be built. In another ten years, when nothing has been done about illegal immigration, we'll still hear nonsense about how we need a wall. The wall is just a talking point to make the voters think something is being proposed to end illegal immigration.

Either let them stay, or let them go back to the home country and apply for legal entry. If they pass a background check and can show they've been living and paying taxes in the US (adults paying taxes that is) let them back in legally and give them a path to citizenship.

Hillary won't build it. Mexico won't build it. It won't be built. In another ten years, when nothing has been done about illegal immigration, we'll still hear nonsense about how we need a wall. The wall is just a talking point to make the voters think something is being proposed to end illegal immigration.
They won't go back.

There is nothing to go back to.

Werbung:
They won't go back.

There is nothing to go back to.
They would go back if they could gain legal status by going back. Most of them have family in the old country anyway, and do go back whenever they think they can get back in.
They would also go back if their employer told them, "Sorry, but the government is going to fine me if I continue to hire illegals. You'll have to go back and apply for legal status. Have a nice vacation, and we'll see you in a month or so. Your job will be waiting."

Back