Rasmussen: Obama campaigning increases support for stimulus bill

Fear mongering? Oh, that's right...you're a Republican, you should know all about that, particularly after the last 8 years.

oH YEAH 9-11 was just a bad dream right...? Tell that to the 3000 families that lost their loved ones.... :mad:

Werbung:
oH YEAH 9-11 was just a bad dream right...? Tell that to the 3000 families that lost their loved ones.... :mad:

The same could be said for the 4200 dead US soldiers who never found a signifigant amount of WMDs in Iraq.

how can you say your against it , when you have not read it all?

I did read it (and it was a complete nightmare to do) and there is some stuff that is worthwhile. I do not mind infrastructure so much, or the tax cuts (to an extent), but a lot of it is total junk that should never be included in a stimulus bill. (Not that I ever think a stimulus works, but that is a different issue.)

Anyway, your reply to "how can you support a bill you have not read" with "how can you say you are against a bill you have not read" does not make any sense. It implies there is some reason that the bill is good until said otherwise. No bill is good until said otherwise, it is good or bad based on content. No one should support a bill that they have no read, and if you do not support because you have not had time to read it yet, that is fine. I would rather people make informed choices than rush to spend a trillion dollars.

I did read it (and it was a complete nightmare to do) and there is some stuff that is worthwhile. I do not mind infrastructure so much, or the tax cuts (to an extent), but a lot of it is total junk that should never be included in a stimulus bill. (Not that I ever think a stimulus works, but that is a different issue.)

Anyway, your reply to "how can you support a bill you have not read" with "how can you say you are against a bill you have not read" does not make any sense. It implies there is some reason that the bill is good until said otherwise. No bill is good until said otherwise, it is good or bad based on content. No one should support a bill that they have no read, and if you do not support because you have not had time to read it yet, that is fine. I would rather people make informed choices than rush to spend a trillion dollars.

You read that whole bill ? Ugh! I would not want to read it but I would not have voted for it if I had not read it and most if not all of congress who voted for it, had not read it

In the real world if people working for a company put in some new expensive way of doing things and agreed on it without reading it, they would be fired!

You read that whole bill ? Ugh! I would not want to read it but I would not have voted for it if I had not read it and most if not all of congress who voted for it, had not read it

In the real world if people working for a company put in some new expensive way of doing things and agreed on it without reading it, they would be fired!

It is worth reading, it wont take you more than a day, assuming you just sit there and do it all day.

Congress not reading the bill is not a big deal to me. Their staffs and the staff of Congress read it and gave the members the highlights. A member not sitting there and reading the almost 800 pages is not a big deal to me, as long as someone read it.

It is worth reading, it wont take you more than a day, assuming you just sit there and do it all day.

Congress not reading the bill is not a big deal to me. Their staffs and the staff of Congress read it and gave the members the highlights. A member not sitting there and reading the almost 800 pages is not a big deal to me, as long as someone read it.

What are the top 5 things you hate about the bill and the top 5 things you like.

I figure tax cuts and building roads exc. you liked but are there more things you liked?

and what did you hate most of all?

and tell me what do they mean about this putting my medical information on some data base, they cant have my medical stuff. I refuse!

What are the top 5 things you hate about the bill and the top 5 things you like.

Haha do I have to find 5 things that I like? ;)

I figure tax cuts and building roads exc. you liked but are there more things you liked?

and what did you hate most of all?

and tell me what do they mean about this putting my medical information on some data base, they cant have my medical stuff. I refuse!

I do not mind (not sure I like exactly) limited infrastructure spending and some of the tax provisions.

For example I think the reduction of the marriage penalty is decent, the alternative minimum tax provisions, expanding the earned income tax credit. Those are a few examples that I think are decent.

The idea with the medical information is to (in theory) make your medical records easier to access from anywhere in the country. On the surface this could be a good thing, but it certainly can be a scary thing as well. That part of the bill is Title IV (be worth reading).

As for what I hate, the overall expansion of the size of government in general I hate. I hate pretty much all of Title III. What Obama terms as "Protecting the Vulnerable", I term as unmitigated, unsustainable government spending. Investments in "green" energy is a waste I think, and certainly should not be part of a stimulus.

There is certainly ridiculous stuff in the bill as well, but on a whole that really does not account for all that much of the overall spending. While it is still ridiculous, I would almost rather see the bigger ticket items addressed.

Personally I liked the House Republican alternative to the stimulus. (can be found here, along with the older texts of the stimulus). I think that without reigning in government spending, the argument over tax cuts or spending misses the point, since both of them increase deficits.

Werbung:
Haha do I have to find 5 things that I like? ;)

I do not mind (not sure I like exactly) limited infrastructure spending and some of the tax provisions.

For example I think the reduction of the marriage penalty is decent, the alternative minimum tax provisions, expanding the earned income tax credit. Those are a few examples that I think are decent.

The idea with the medical information is to (in theory) make your medical records easier to access from anywhere in the country. On the surface this could be a good thing, but it certainly can be a scary thing as well. That part of the bill is Title IV (be worth reading).

As for what I hate, the overall expansion of the size of government in general I hate. I hate pretty much all of Title III. What Obama terms as "Protecting the Vulnerable", I term as unmitigated, unsustainable government spending. Investments in "green" energy is a waste I think, and certainly should not be part of a stimulus.

There is certainly ridiculous stuff in the bill as well, but on a whole that really does not account for all that much of the overall spending. While it is still ridiculous, I would almost rather see the bigger ticket items addressed.

Personally I liked the House Republican alternative to the stimulus. (can be found here, along with the older texts of the stimulus). I think that without reigning in government spending, the argument over tax cuts or spending misses the point, since both of them increase deficits.

the medical part says we are required to submit to this. I just refuse. The government can not be trusted to get anything right. Im not trusting them with my stuff.

and that earned income credit seems so wrong to me. I get it and when its all said and done I dont really pay any taxes and people like you get soaked. by the way I did my taxes already, should I re-due them since the rules have changed?

thank you for that house link, Ill look at their ideas.

Back