1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Rasmussen: Palin losing ground among women

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by Popeye, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

While 52% still view Palin favorably, and McCain shored up his base, did he do much else? Maybe things will change, but currently there some troubling signs for McCain and his VP pick:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...vorable_view_of_palin_but_partisan_gap_widens

2. top gun

top gun New Member

Not only will the Hillary women be offended by this pandering token of a pick beauty queen over substance McSame approach... but I think there are some Republicans that already were none too hot on old McSame that will see this as the last straw and just say hell with it this time and stay home.

BOTTOM LINE: Hillary voters are SMART and won't for one second like the fact the McSame camp tried to use them on gender grounds.

And there's going to be some Republicans that will look at "Miss Wasilla" and say... are you kidding me... because they're SMART!

Sure the few hundred delegates will hoop and holler because that's what they're there for... but Palin won't sell across the country... no way.

sidebar: Have you noticed that they've went too covering the big blocks of seats at the convention with black blankets or something so all the empty seats don't show up as much on TV?

Compared to the regular Democratic Convention... let alone the Mile High Stadium event... this really does look more like a Shriners Convention. (no offense meant to Shriners)

3. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

Today was the first day for kids and parents back at school and Sara Palin was the topic. I did not get a chance to talk to very many but two women who were both going to vote for Obama are both liking Palin and are going to take a second look.

Both educated women but I doubt hardline libs

I still have to check in with the ones who intend to write in Hillary, maybe they will change to Palin :)