Rasmussen: Palin losing ground among women

Popeye

While 52% still view Palin favorably, and McCain shored up his base, did he do much else? Maybe things will change, but currently there some troubling signs for McCain and his VP pick:

If McCain’s strategy was to reach out to women voters, however, thus far it hasn’t been successful. The night after the announcement, slightly more women voters viewed Palin as the right choice for McCain’s running mate, but now 41% say she was not, versus 36% who still believe she was a good choice. Forty-one percent (41%) of women say they are less likely now to vote for McCain because of Palin, as opposed to 31% who say they are more likely to support him. Women voters were essentially even on this question in the earlier survey.

But even a plurality of men (47%) say Palin is not ready to be president in the event of the 72-year-old McCain being incapacitated while in the White House, although 32% believe she is ready. Women voters by a nearly two-to-one margin believe Palin is not ready.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...vorable_view_of_palin_but_partisan_gap_widens

Werbung:
Not only will the Hillary women be offended by this pandering token of a pick beauty queen over substance McSame approach... but I think there are some Republicans that already were none too hot on old McSame that will see this as the last straw and just say hell with it this time and stay home.

BOTTOM LINE: Hillary voters are SMART and won't for one second like the fact the McSame camp tried to use them on gender grounds.

And there's going to be some Republicans that will look at "Miss Wasilla" and say... are you kidding me... because they're SMART!

Sure the few hundred delegates will hoop and holler because that's what they're there for... but Palin won't sell across the country... no way.

sidebar: Have you noticed that they've went too covering the big blocks of seats at the convention with black blankets or something so all the empty seats don't show up as much on TV?

Compared to the regular Democratic Convention... let alone the Mile High Stadium event... this really does look more like a Shriners Convention. (no offense meant to Shriners)

Werbung:
Today was the first day for kids and parents back at school and Sara Palin was the topic. I did not get a chance to talk to very many but two women who were both going to vote for Obama are both liking Palin and are going to take a second look.

Both educated women but I doubt hardline libs

I still have to check in with the ones who intend to write in Hillary, maybe they will change to Palin :)

Back