Re AGW - other crackpot lib predictions from the past

Rick

Oprah Winfrey, 1987:

“Research studies now project that one in five — listen to me, hard to believe — one in five heterosexuals could be dead from AIDS at the end of the next three years. That’s by 1990. One in five. It is no longer just a gay disease. Believe me.”

Werbung:
and now...

... she has her own channel

Ain't capitalism grand !!!

Oprah Stalin

Indeed

My thanks

"..The use of non sequitur in humor can be deliberate or unintentional. Literally, the expression is Latin for "it does not follow."[2] It comes from the words "non" meaning not, and the deponent verb sequor, sequi, secutus sum, meaning to follow. In other literature, a non sequitur can denote an abrupt, illogical, unexpected or absurd turn of plot or dialogue not normally associated with or appropriate to that preceding it.

The non sequitur can be understood as the converse of cliché. Traditional comedy and drama can depend on the ritualization and predictability of human emotional experiences, where the Theatre of the Absurd uses disjunction and unpredictability..."

Cornell Stalin

In your case though, it's more like just ducking the issue. :D

The issue being that, since Oprah made a dumb prediction back in '87, all liberals (meaning anyone who doesn't agree with your POV) make dumb predictions all the time. You, therefore, are correct all of the time, and the liberals, which includes almost all of humanity, need to bow at your throne.

Good one.

The issue being that, since Oprah made a dumb prediction back in '87, all liberals (meaning anyone who doesn't agree with your POV) make dumb predictions all the time. You, therefore, are correct all of the time, and the liberals, which includes almost all of humanity, need to bow at your throne.

Good one.

And of course lets attack predictions about events that can be influenced by things such as...Focusing on that issue to prevent said prediction...then when it does not happen...act like the actions taken after had nothing to do with it,

Like the Y2k Bug was nothing...so little happened...all hype....of course this ignores that for years billions where spent to make sure nothing happened....but since all the fixes and work did what they planned...play monday QB and say see nothing, it was all a waste...

No, the issue being all the stupid predictions leftwingers have made. Another example: the book Limits to Growth which (in 1972) predicted the world would run out of many kinds of raw materials by the 1980s.

Leftwingers managing to get their ideas adopted by government is very scary - eg, at the behest of ecofascists, the banning of DDT condemned millions of people to death by malaria.

No, the issue being all the stupid predictions leftwingers have made. Another example: the book Limits to Growth which (in 1972) predicted the world would run out of many kinds of raw materials by the 1980s.

Leftwingers managing to get their ideas adopted by government is very scary - eg, at the behest of ecofascists, the banning of DDT condemned millions of people to death by malaria.

Actually, the issue is generalization, rationalization, and oversimplification.

Good one.
Oh really and where do you come to that stupid ass conclusion?

We know for a fact that the majority of Americans consider themselves to be conservative.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/120857/conservatives-single-largest-ideological-group.aspx

Oh really and where do you come to that stupid ass conclusion?

We know for a fact that the majority of Americans consider themselves to be conservative.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/120857/conservatives-single-largest-ideological-group.aspx

Oh, I know that they consider themselves to be conservatives, and by most people's definition, they are.

However, if you read Rick's posts, you will see that the term "liberal" means anyone who doesn't agree with Rick. That includes most of humanity.

Since you're new here, you may not have read enough of his posts to realize that. Welcome aboard.

Oh, I know that they consider themselves to be conservatives, and by most people's definition, they are.

However, if you read Rick's posts, you will see that the term "liberal" means anyone who doesn't agree with Rick. That includes most of humanity.

Since you're new here, you may not have read enough of his posts to realize that. Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the welcome.

I dont know about Rick but I sometimes believe I am the only one with all the answers myself.;)

Werbung:
Thanks for the welcome.

I dont know about Rick but I sometimes believe I am the only one with all the answers myself.;)

Yes, there are several members of this forum who believe that they are the only ones with all of the answers.

That's why they won't listen to me, the great guru of all truth and light.:D

Back