Reach out and kill someone

PLC1

Staff member
It seems that the president now has the power to order people killed. You may already know that, of course. Here's an update on how he's using the new "off with their heads" power.

WASHINGTON — This was the enemy, served up in the latest chart from the intelligence agencies: 15 Qaeda suspects in Yemen with Western ties. The mug shots and brief biographies resembled a high school yearbook layout. Several were Americans. Two were teenagers, including a girl who looked even younger than her 17 years.

A couple of things to bear in mind about this: The power resides not in Obama, but in the presidency.

and it doesn't just apply to people in Yemen.

and the people being fingered as terrorists are identified by the same people who told us that Saddam Hussain had WMD and was trying to develop nuclear weapons.

Werbung:
Just add this to the long list of things that the Left will suddenly, and incessantly, raise hell about - only after - Romney takes the Presidential Oath of Office 7 months from now: Presidential Hitlist, Gitmo, TORTURE!, Wars, Debts and Deficits, Unemployment, Homlessness... Pretty much everything they threw hissy fits about while Bush was in office and then completely ignored once Obama took office, even though he did the same or worse.

It seems that the president now has the power to order people killed. You may already know that, of course. Here's an update on how he's using the new "off with their heads" power.

A couple of things to bear in mind about this: The power resides not in Obama, but in the presidency.

and it doesn't just apply to people in Yemen.

and the people being fingered as terrorists are identified by the same people who told us that Saddam Hussain had WMD and was trying to develop nuclear weapons.

nothing new about this, been whacking people for generations. many generation.

what IS new is spiking the ball when we do it. ordinarily its not mentioned and very often its not known to have been a hit, a seemingly random accident or medical issue.

nothing new about this, been whacking people for generations. many generation.

what IS new is spiking the ball when we do it. ordinarily its not mentioned and very often its not known to have been a hit, a seemingly random accident or medical issue.

It's pretty difficult to claim that a drone attack was a random accident or a medical issue.

What's really different is that the president of the United States is ordering people killed by predator drone attacks because the intelligence agency says they're terrorists.

While the "Oh, poor Republicans, the Democrats get by with everything but everyone picks on us" mantra is usually a lot of whining nonsense, actually there is a lot of truth to GenSeneca's post. No one expects a Democrat to do this sort of thing. The supposed left winger is thought to be a pacifist and more of a threat to the Second amendment. In the case of Obama, that is far from the truth.

This power resides in the presidency, not in the current president. What future presidents may do is unknown. Are we ready for drone attacks on US citizens? How about within the borders of the USA? At what point will the citizens of this nation become alarmed by this sort of thing?

At what point will the citizens of this nation become alarmed by this sort of thing?

When it's too late to do anything about it?
Drones are already being used all over the U.S. to spy on people. European EPA type agencies have used them for years to spy on farmers, to be sure their regulations are being implemented. You think our EPA isn't already doing that?

Recently, Charles Krauthammer (of all people) said; “The first guy who uses a Second Amendment weapon to bring a drone down that's been hovering over his house is going to be a folk hero in this country."

When it's too late to do anything about it?
Drones are already being used all over the U.S. to spy on people. European EPA type agencies have used them for years to spy on farmers, to be sure their regulations are being implemented. You think our EPA isn't already doing that?

Recently, Charles Krauthammer (of all people) said; “The first guy who uses a Second Amendment weapon to bring a drone down that's been hovering over his house is going to be a folk hero in this country."

I'm sure that the EPA is doing that.

The next step is armed drones over the US. Just wait and see.

I'm sure that the EPA is doing that.

The next step is armed drones over the US. Just wait and see.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit. Last year they used a drone's spying ability to use GPS tracking and infra-red (looking for guns) to report about a family to local authorities before they moved in and arrested them. Why the ACLU isn't all over this, I don't know. Isn't there something about illegal "search and seizure" to stop this?

It wouldn't surprise me a bit. Last year they used a drone's spying ability to use GPS tracking and infra-red (looking for guns) to report about a family to local authorities before they moved in and arrested them. Why the ACLU isn't all over this, I don't know. Isn't there something about illegal "search and seizure" to stop this?

No, that was redacted from the Constitution along with due process of law.

of course not but does it rally merit a presser ?
Presser?

This is an important story, as the president of the United States is deciding who gets to live and who dies. It's a lot like a medieval king that is able to simply say, "off with his head", and his command is carried out. There is nothing in the law that says suspected terrorists can't be Americans, that they have to live in Yemen or some other godforsaken hellhole that actually harbors terrorists, or that any proof has to exist that they are actually engaged in any sort of terrorist plot.

It has a sort of chilling, science fiction feel to it.

Presser?

This is an important story, as the president of the United States is deciding who gets to live and who dies. It's a lot like a medieval king that is able to simply say, "off with his head", and his command is carried out. There is nothing in the law that says suspected terrorists can't be Americans, that they have to live in Yemen or some other godforsaken hellhole that actually harbors terrorists, or that any proof has to exist that they are actually engaged in any sort of terrorist plot.

It has a sort of chilling, science fiction feel to it.

they have a presser every time a drone blows somebody up. they have to be running out of footballs to spike.

they have been taking out Americans (or sometimes people residing in America) for many generations too. I can imagine that its disconcerting if this is news to you and America really didn't need to know that Obama has weekly meeting to discuss the hit sheet (another football spike) if it even took any notice of it. I got over the myth of a benevolent government a LONG time ago. not saying its right, its not necessarily so, but its the nature of government in my mind and unlikely to ever change. all that being said, the lion's share of hits were on not so nice people and rarely on political enemies.

they have a presser every time a drone blows somebody up. they have to be running out of footballs to spike.

they have been taking out Americans (or sometimes people residing in America) for many generations too. I can imagine that its disconcerting if this is news to you and America really didn't need to know that Obama has weekly meeting to discuss the hit sheet (another football spike) if it even took any notice of it. I got over the myth of a benevolent government a LONG time ago. not saying its right, its not necessarily so, but its the nature of government in my mind and unlikely to ever change. all that being said, the lion's share of hits were on not so nice people and rarely on political enemies.

so far....

Werbung:
Back