Red states lead in political corruption convictions

Popeye

With all the recent talk about Illinois corruption, an analysis by USA Today shows something interesting... North Dakota is the leader in political corruption with 8.3 convictions per 100,000 residents, followed close behind by Louisiana (7.7) and Alaska (7.5). What do these 3 states have in common?...They're all traditionally red states. What a surprise.

Illinois is at 3.9, while my state, Washington, has but 1.5 convictions per 100,000 people....we are progressive and clean. Check out the link, you can find out where your state ranks.

North Dakota tops analysis of corruption

Werbung:
That's because we actually go after ours. The less convictions there are, the more there is. It doesn't get any more self-evident than that.

The less convictions there are, the more there is. It doesn't get any more self-evident than that.

Each state needs to be looked at on an individual basis. However, I would suggest just the opposite...the more convictions there are, the more corruption there likely is. Just as with states with a higher crime rate, it generally follows they have more criminal convictions.

I counterpointed as I did to illustrate a different interpretation. Neither supposition will likely ever be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. About the only reason to even bring up the subject in the first place is to support a position of assumed superiority.

"That's because we actually go after ours. The less convictions there are, the more there is. It doesn't get any more self-evident than that."

Maybe in a delusional mind it doesn't get any more self-evident than that. The post was about facts, which dilusional minds find annoying and ignore. If there is a conclusion to be made from the facts, the presentation of the facts doesn't prove the opposite.

With all the recent talk about Illinois corruption, an analysis by USA Today shows something interesting... North Dakota is the leader in political corruption with 8.3 convictions per 100,000 residents, followed close behind by Louisiana (7.7) and Alaska (7.5). What do these 3 states have in common?...They're all traditionally red states. What a surprise.

Illinois is at 3.9, while my state, Washington, has but 1.5 convictions per 100,000 people....we are progressive and clean. Check out the link, you can find out where your state ranks.

North Dakota tops analysis of corruption

Interesting note on Louisiana, the Legislature is Blue, as were many of the Governors we have had that have gone down in flames. Certainly there are corrupt people in all parties in all places.

The Illinois governor needs to resign.

"That's because we actually go after ours."

Or maybe it's because you have so much to work with.

That's because we actually go after ours. The less convictions there are, the more there is. It doesn't get any more self-evident than that.

It could also mean that we go after theirs. (might it mean that they don't go after anyone? or that they don't go after their own? Blago is being abandoned by everyone except by Biden(?) who said that we should all wait for justice to take it's course but we all know that if Blago were a pub he would have called for a resignation)

One might ask, regardless of state, are more of the corrupt politicians red or blue. If the blue poster, Popeye, didn't just come out and say that more blue politicians are corrupt but instead lead with the less meaninfull bit about more [unknown affiliated] politicians in red states are being convicted then it stands to reason that the better position can't be supported.

Meanwhile the much more important statement needs to be said:

all the corrupt politicians work for the government on one party or another. The solution is to reduce the size of government.

"Meanwhile the much more important statement needs to be said: all the corrupt politicians work for the government on one party or another. The solution is to reduce the size of government."

That's a moronic proposition. Most breast cancer happens to females. Your logic would cure that problem by eliminating women.

"Meanwhile the much more important statement needs to be said: all the corrupt politicians work for the government on one party or another. The solution is to reduce the size of government."

That's a moronic proposition. Most breast cancer happens to females. Your logic would cure that problem by eliminating women.

Thanks for admitting the logic is correct. Yes breast cancer in women could be eliminated by eliminating women the logic is correct. We don't want to eliminate women so we will find a better answer.

Now about the reducing government statement. Notice I did not say to eliminate government. Just to reduce it. And how should we reduce it? First, by just allowing the fed to do the things the constitution allows and no more.

"First, by just allowing the fed to do the things the constitution allows and no more."

Any activities that violate their authority under the Constitution would be illegal. Why don't you detail some of the things our federal government is doing in violation of the Constituion. This should be interesting.

Puuulease!!! What ignorant rubbish!! Are you trying to make an excuse in your mind for IL corruption? Why not acknowledge that IL is right now the "gold belt" holder of political corruption and get over it?

Don't try and make excusses for these theives who lie and steal TO ALL OF US.

Stop putting political "sides" ahead of logic!

I was kinda' havin' a bit of fun with my post. Methinks some of these folks just don't have a sense of humor!:eek:

Werbung:
Back