Registered Republican, card-carrying Libertarian here...

Werbung:
Welcome, RF.

Now get out there and tell me something significant about Fred Thompson. So far all I know is that he has a Southern accent and was on Law and Order.

I feel dumb. He now clearly is supporting Ron Paul but for some reason I guessed he was supporting Fred Thompson.

LOL! I'd guess the "Reverend Fred" handle threw you off. I can see how that can happen. We just have to be careful that a small faux pas on your part is not jumped on and twisted into some sort of prejudiced or hypocritical statement.

Don't worry. I've got your back on this one!

Sorry Rev. We STILL welcome you! Please feel free to clarify Ron Paul's positions, and why he is a viable candidate. I understand some from the surface, but not all of his views. And I'm reticent to go to any of the candidates, on either side, to seek clarification. They all inundate you with requests to join, get on their mailing lists, and (of course) contribute to their campaigns.

Werbung:
If you're smart....clinton!!!;)

I've a hard time rectifying being smart with the self-sadistic desire to have huge levels the control of my personal life wrested away for my own good and the good of society.

I've a problem with willingly signing on to give up even greater chunks of my income for those in power to "redistribute" it, showing me the error of my ways and evidencing for me that they are so much more capable of spending it than I.

I've a problem finding it the smart thing to do to dance at the party of political correctness, with the piper playing a tune of touchy-feely foreign policy that at most threatens to gum our enemies to death. Oh, yes. I forget. With the PC doppleganger at full power, we will have no enemies. Because we've resolved old sticky, thorny and often festering issues and relationships? No! Because we will have essentially capitulated to their position. The United States, after all, has no business being right, or having a better way.

In the past I've seen a few Democrats I could vote for for President. Unfortunately, they were thrown under the bus by the party's base. And the current crop? There's not a one of them I'd trust to walk my child across a street, much less make policies to "secure" their future.

Back