1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

"Regulating Business"; By BUSHCO

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Mr. Shaman, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

[​IMG]

2. TheFranklinParty

TheFranklinParty New Member

How about a little transparency? You're either filing accurate financials or you're not. if you're not you go to jail. If you are then all is good. If you are part of a regualtory organization and you aren't doing your job you get fired and if you cheat on the job you go to jail. Seems pretty simple to me. This eliminates the political oversight.

3. TruthAboveAll

TruthAboveAll Active Member

Actually this issue DOES go back to the Clinton administration. AT LEAST as early as 2000 (yes, 2000, before Bush took office) there was a whistle blower, Harry Markopolos, an independent financial fraud investigator. His assessment was that even then the SEC was afraid of Madoff.

Ridiculous, yet another attempt to blame the ineffectiveness of federal bureaucracies on Bush. There are plenty of laws and regulations (ad nauseum) to protect investors and the innocents. And I agree with your assessment TFP. (If I can call you that for short?)