Remember Patrick Ewing ?

dogtowner

Staff member
standout center 1981-1985 for Georgetown under the first John Thompson ?

Among his many accolades was a record setting string of consecutive starts that has stood up for 25+ years.

Until tonight.

Senior guard Bradford Burgess from Virginia Commonwealth broke that record this day in a standout career here at VCU. He'll finish in the top 5 or 10 in about all categories a guard can including rebounds (he's 6'6" and can move out to swing as needed).

I've seen quite a lot of outstanding players come through this program since we started in 1968 but local product Brad is really special. He does it all without ego, with a smile on his face and doing whatever he can to make those around him better.

Can't wait to see how far he can lead this VCU team in postseason play.

And waiting in the wings is Burgess 2.0, top 100 recruit and little brother Jordan Burgess signed sealed and delivered starting next year.

Werbung:
standout center 1981-1985 for Georgetown under the first John Thompson ?

Among his many accolades was a record setting string of consecutive starts that has stood up for 25+ years.

Until tonight.

Senior guard Bradford Burgess from Virginia Commonwealth broke that record this day in a standout career here at VCU. He'll finish in the top 5 or 10 in about all categories a guard can including rebounds (he's 6'6" and can move out to swing as needed).

I've seen quite a lot of outstanding players come through this program since we started in 1968 but local product Brad is really special. He does it all without ego, with a smile on his face and doing whatever he can to make those around him better.

Can't wait to see how far he can lead this VCU team in postseason play.

And waiting in the wings is Burgess 2.0, top 100 recruit and little brother Jordan Burgess signed sealed and delivered starting next year.

and then there was Cal Ripken...

I just find it hard to get to excited about 4 years....seems like that should not be a horribly uncommon event.

also its basketball...that does not help.

Well clearly it is an uncommon thing. And its remarkable regardless the sport. I used to think baseball was dumb until I educated myself. There is a lot more to these sports than meets the eye.

Well clearly it is an uncommon thing. And its remarkable regardless the sport. I used to think baseball was dumb until I educated myself. There is a lot more to these sports than meets the eye.

trust me its not lack of knowledge of basketball..I use to play 2-3 times a week often till you could hardly see anymore..One of my Fav jackets use to be my TWolves Jacket...and I use to go to a few games a year at least...I just found over time I did not enjoy watching it...playing it yes...watching no. I find it to be 90% a waste of time and only interesting at the end if its close.

trust me its not lack of knowledge of basketball..I use to play 2-3 times a week often till you could hardly see anymore..One of my Fav jackets use to be my TWolves Jacket...and I use to go to a few games a year at least...I just found over time I did not enjoy watching it...playing it yes...watching no. I find it to be 90% a waste of time and only interesting at the end if its close.

Well there you have it. that's not basketball its "NBA". Wish you had watched the Rams tonight (they were national again on ESPN) you would have recognized Tarkanian's Amoeba or Richardson's 40 minutes of hell defense reborn. That's basketball. Maybe we will be able to entertain America for several weeks in March again. Watch #2 Weber, he's nationally ranked in steals and only a freshman. VCU leads the nation in steals.

Well there you have it. that's not basketball its "NBA". Wish you had watched the Rams tonight (they were national again on ESPN) you would have recognized Tarkanian's Amoeba or Richardson's 40 minutes of hell defense reborn. That's basketball. Maybe we will be able to entertain America for several weeks in March again. Watch #2 Weber, he's nationally ranked in steals and only a freshman. VCU leads the nation in steals.

I have to root for North Carolina...my boss...his boss..and there boss...all from NC...for my own sake at work I need them to win lol...And I use to watch the gophers as well...and watch all the playoff games...

Werbung:
I have to root for North Carolina...my boss...his boss..and there boss...all from NC...for my own sake at work I need them to win lol...And I use to watch the gophers as well...and watch all the playoff games...

I'm a tarheel fan as well. have to wonder if we'll be dropped that close to home but I hope so.

Back