Rep Joe Wilson (Rep. S.C.)

Werbung:
Calling the President a liar, during a joint session of congress, with the eyes of the entire country and world watching is unacceptable behavior from an elected official.

I've never seen anything like it. Partisan politics is one thing, this is a new low. I'm not a Partisan. I read these boards, but hardly post. Most of you fall on one side or the other and you all think you are the "right" ones. That history, the constitution, precedent, etc show that you are the ones who have the right ideology. You think there is only one economic ideology that works, there's only one foreign policy, only one constitutional interpretation. and that's fine.

but there are some things that should never be political. I have never seen anything like it. To show utter disrespect for the President during a joint session of congress is beyond my belief. Respect for the President in that forum is non negotiable. I hope the can of worms that is that type of behavior was not opened.

Unacceptable

Completely un-American

He's now quickly apologized...

“This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President’s remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President’s statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...logizes-i-let-my-emotions-get-the-best-of-me/

Calling the President a liar, during a joint session of congress, with the eyes of the entire country and world watching is unacceptable behavior from an elected official.

I've never seen anything like it. Partisan politics is one thing, this is a new low. I'm not a Partisan. I read these boards, but hardly post. Most of you fall on one side or the other and you all think you are the "right" ones. That history, the constitution, precedent, etc show that you are the ones who have the right ideology. You think there is only one economic ideology that works, there's only one foreign policy, only one constitutional interpretation. and that's fine.

but there are some things that should never be political. I have never seen anything like it. To show utter disrespect for the President during a joint session of congress is beyond my belief. Respect for the President in that forum is non negotiable. I hope the can of worms that is that type of behavior was not opened.

But what do you call someone who is lying if not a liar?

Do we have to be careful where we call them a liar? Perhaps if he waited and called him a liar tomorrow, would that have been better?

If he lied about something then it seems right to call him on it.

I would think getting head in the oval office or doing odd things with cigars in the oval office shows utter disrespect, but I have been told its no big deal.

Now I am reading that we can not call a liar a liar in a certian location.

Strange

But what do you call someone who is lying if not a liar?

Do we have to be careful where we call them a liar? Perhaps if he waited and called him a liar tomorrow, would that have been better?

If he lied about something then it seems right to call him on it.

I would think getting head in the oval office or doing odd things with cigars in the oval office shows utter disrespect, but I have been told its no big deal.

Now I am reading that we can not call a liar a liar in a certian location.

Strange

Pandora, it's simply not proper etiquette for members of either party to yell out insults while the president is giving a speech to Congress. You know better than that...why are you trying to defend it?

What if both parties resorted to such tactics? Congress would quickly descend into chaos.

Joe Wilson should be censured by the House of Representatives.

Pandora, it's simply not proper etiquette for members of either party to yell out insults while the president is giving a speech to Congress. You know better than that...why are you trying to defend it?

What if both parties resorted to such tactics? Congress would quickly descend into chaos.

Joe Wilson should be censured by the House of Representatives.

I am only defending the part that if he thinks obama is lying he should be able to say it.

I have not seen it, only just now am I reading he yelled it out. I dont know exactly how it happened.

I pictured it as someone with a microphone asking him what do you think of this speech and he says, obama is lying about x y and z

I see nothing wrong with that. Now if obama is speaking and the guy yells out LIAR!!! I can see where that is wrong, is that how it happened?

Consentual sex between adults in the work place is an American tradition. I'm married so I don't do it (besides which, since I work at home the logistics would be formidable), but I can't see any reason to be so upset about it unless it interferes with the people's work proficiency. I've never been the weenie police and it's not like some people who solicit sex in bathrooms or preach Hellfire and brimstone on Sunday while having an ongoing, drug-fueled romance with a prostitute.

I am, however, upset by making torture a legal American policy, about killing 5000 American soldiers and uncounted Iraqis on the basis of a lie about WMD.

Consentual sex between adults in the work place is an American tradition. I'm married so I don't do it (besides which, since I work at home the logistics would be formidable), but I can't see any reason to be so upset about it unless it interferes with the people's work proficiency. I've never been the weenie police and it's not like some people who solicit sex in bathrooms or preach Hellfire and brimstone on Sunday while having an ongoing, drug-fueled romance with a prostitute.

I am, however, upset by making torture a legal American policy, about killing 5000 American soldiers and uncounted Iraqis on the basis of a lie about WMD.

I am not upset about Clintons affair, I actually felt sorry for him. If Hillary were my wife, I would have cheated too. I am just saying in every way possible this shows utter disrespect, for the wife and the office he held but when people were disgusted with the utter disrespect they were told they were the weenie police exc. So I have a hard time taking serious a man who calls a liar a liar as being utter disrespect.

you know I am not big on that whole war topic but one part about it that bothers me is this constant "lie of WMD's" if it were really a lie told on purpose then it was a lie given by Bill and Hillary Clinton too, and John Freaking Kerry (who served in Vietnam) and the list goes on to just about everyone who was in power at that time and the people in charge before that. They are all on tape saying Iraq is a threat and Iraq has WMD's

Now if obama is speaking and the guy yells out LIAR!!! I can see where that is wrong, is that how it happened?

Yes, that's how it happened. Now just watch, Beck, Hannity or someone else on Faux News will have Wilson on and somehow try to defend his outburst..

A Republican House member shouted, "You lie" during President Obama's health care speech to Congress on Wednesday, and members of both parties condemned the heckling.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/09/joe.wilson/

Shameful.

It is not alright to exercise your freedom of speech and opportunity to have the floor at the expense of someone else's.

Ultimately though it will help him get re-elected. Donations from outside of his district will pour in, because he just got him some real street cred with the hate Obama crowd.

Yes, that's how it happened. Now just watch, Beck, Hannity or someone else on Faux News will have Wilson on and somehow try to defend his outburst..

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/09/joe.wilson/

I saw the clip on the news and I agree to shout out during someone speaking is rude.

Sorry to give you bad news but so far fox is agreeing its bad to shout out.

today I watched more of his speech and dang if its true that it was full of lies. Its the same lies he has been saying all along.

Wont cost any more money, wont put us in any more debt
wont cover anyone here illegally, wont cover abortion

all those things are lies and it does make him a liar, but people shouldnt shout out "LIAR" while he is speaking, the congreman should have waited till today and called him a liar on the news.

I am only defending the part that if he thinks obama is lying he should be able to say it.

I have not seen it, only just now am I reading he yelled it out. I dont know exactly how it happened.

I pictured it as someone with a microphone asking him what do you think of this speech and he says, obama is lying about x y and z

I see nothing wrong with that. Now if obama is speaking and the guy yells out LIAR!!! I can see where that is wrong, is that how it happened?

Look , of course Joe Wilson was CORRECT in calling a liar a liar . In ENGLAND , it is common and justified to rise in their Parliment and challenge the statements of their government . Only radical liberals , marxist , and other enemies of freedom want to silence all who oppose . What is next ? give obama supporters arm bands and brown shirts and have them patrol our Congress and arrest those who want TRUTH. obama's speak was a joke , full of lies , full of promises that he cannot keep . His message was not new. It was the same old lies and distortions that he has given on Health Care at least 113 previous times . His polls are dropping faster than his lip when he is challenged . Why not throw away his lieprompters , speak the truth , do something different . We do not want or need our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT running our Health Care . Do you not see how heartless the Obama administration is? Do you want them determining your health care ? THINK!
P.S. , I want to recall the times the crazy radical democrat libs would rise as a group and walk out as our President spoke , Now I know they are recognized as being uncivil by nature , but they were protesting TRUTH , Mr. Wilson was protesting LIES!

Werbung:
Back