Republican candidates

Dawkinsrocks

The competition for the republican party nomination says so much that is bad about US politics and the US people who support the candidates

A bunch of slick non representative millionaires spending fortunes on TV advertising making up negative stories about each other in an effort to prove who can be the most bigoted and intolerant

I wonder how people watch them without vomiting

Werbung:
As an indication of the utter lunacy of these nut jobs Newtered Grinch ran a tv commercial accusing Shit Robme of being able to speak French!! Not French?? he obviously thinks this will make people vote agains Robme so what does that say about the American people FFS?

Shit Robme had his dead atheist father converted to Moronism!

Can you believe it??

What are these mentalists on?

And one of them might become president?

The lunatics are taking over the asylum

You know, it's funny that somebody should mention lunatics and asylum, because watching one of the Republican debates gave me the impression that half a dozen lunatics on stage had escaped the insane asylum.

The Republicans represent the crazy right-wing fringe of the bourgeoisie. The Democrats represent the liberal wing of the bourgeoisie. Both Republicans and the Democrats love war. Both the Democrats and the Republicans love the rich, as witnessed by the bailouts. Both the Democrats and the Republicans are attacking our civil liberties, as proven by the fact that both sides of the aisle voted for the Patriot Act, and also that a Republican Congress passed the bill giving the military authority to indefinitely detain Americans without a trial, and a Democratic president signed it into law.

So there are basically many similarities between the Democrats and the Republicans, it's just that the Republicans are more insane than the Democrats.

You know, it's funny that somebody should mention lunatics and asylum, because watching one of the Republican debates gave me the impression that half a dozen lunatics on stage had escaped the insane asylum.

The Republicans represent the crazy right-wing fringe of the bourgeoisie. The Democrats represent the liberal wing of the bourgeoisie. Both Republicans and the Democrats love war. Both the Democrats and the Republicans love the rich, as witnessed by the bailouts. Both the Democrats and the Republicans are attacking our civil liberties, as proven by the fact that both sides of the aisle voted for the Patriot Act, and also that a Republican Congress passed the bill giving the military authority to indefinitely detain Americans without a trial, and a Democratic president signed it into law.

So there are basically many similarities between the Democrats and the Republicans, it's just that the Republicans are more insane than the Democrats.

I can't disagree with you. . .if you consider extremes in both parties!
One little difference though. . .the Right has moved SO FAR Right, that basically 80% of Republicans are now extreme and advocating for insane policies that have not worked and that will take us back (especially women) 100 years!

The Democrats are certainly not without fault, and they do have their extremists also, but I would say that probably 25% of Democrats would fall in the "extreme" definition, the rest is generally more sane and their policies based on more factual and rational view of reality.

I can't disagree with you. . .if you consider extremes in both parties!
One little difference though. . .the Right has moved SO FAR Right, that basically 80% of Republicans are now extreme and advocating for insane policies that have not worked and that will take us back (especially women) 100 years!

The Democrats are certainly not without fault, and they do have their extremists also, but I would say that probably 25% of Democrats would fall in the "extreme" definition, the rest is generally more sane and their policies based on more factual and rational view of reality.

Well OpenMind, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I defend your right to your opinion, but I disagree with you.

I would like to point out that it was the Democratic Party that pulled the troops out of the South after the Civil War, thus ending Reconstruction. If Reconstruction had been allowed to continue black people may very well have achieved economic and political equality with whites back in the 19th century. In addition, most of the southern states that had the Confederate flag emblem as part of their flag - well it was the racist Democratic Party that put the Confederate flag emblem on those state flags. As you probably know the Confederate flag is a symbol of the KKK.

A more recent example of the racist nature of the Democratic Party is the fact that the Democrats cosponsored (with the Republicans) the Counterpro program of the late 1960s and early 70s. Under the Counterpro program black militants (like the Black Panthers) were murdered in cold blood. Basically, the FBI and local police departments conducted a war of violent terror against black militants.

It was the Democratic Party (under FDR) that developed the atomic bomb. It was a Democratic Party (under Truman) that used the atomic bomb. The human race may very well become extinct because of the atomic bomb.

In addition, it was the Democrats that escalated the war in Vietnam. It was the Democrats that got us into World War I. The Democrats got us into the Korean War (Harry Truman). It was the Democrats under John F. Kennedy who brought the world to the brink of a nuclear holocaust during the Cuban missile crisis. It was a Democrat John F. Kennedy who tried to invade Cuba (the Bay of Pigs). It was the Democrat John F. Kennedy who initiated the trade embargo of Cuba to starve Cuba.

The Democrats have supported the war on drugs just like the Republicans. The war on drugs is a war on civil liberties. One out of every four persons in jail in the world is in jail in the USA, mostly because of drugs. Down with the war on drugs!

The Democrats also voted for the Patriot Act. And recently the Democratic president Barack Obama has signed into law a bill giving the military the right to indefinitely detain Americans without a trial. Soon there may be Guantanamo Bay type prisons across America.

Let us also remember that the Obama administration began its rule by giving hundreds of billions of dollars to big corrupt corporations, the same corporations that ruined the economy. Obama chastises some of the greedy capitalist with words, but in actions he rewards them with hundreds of billions of the taxpayers dollars.

In summary, the Democrats are warmongers just like the Republicans. The Democrats are attacking our civil liberties just like the Republicans. The Democrats are on the side of the rich just like the Republicans.

However, though we disagree, I respect your right to your own point of view. However, I feel that choosing between the Democrats and the Republicans is like choosing between AIDS and cancer.

The Democrats also voted for the Patriot Act. And recently the Democratic president Barack Obama has signed into law a bill giving the military the right to indefinitely detain Americans without a trial. Soon there may be Guantanamo Bay type prisons across America.

Its my understanding that the military has no hand in this. just the executive branch.

we lost the war on drugs, folks need to accept that . all we do continuing it is support the underworld. give it away free and their business model collapses upon itself.

Well OpenMind, you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and I defend your right to your opinion, but I disagree with you.

I would like to point out that it was the Democratic Party that pulled the troops out of the South after the Civil War, thus ending Reconstruction. If Reconstruction had been allowed to continue black people may very well have achieved economic and political equality with whites back in the 19th century. In addition, most of the southern states that had the Confederate flag emblem as part of their flag - well it was the racist Democratic Party that put the Confederate flag emblem on those state flags. As you probably know the Confederate flag is a symbol of the KKK.

A more recent example of the racist nature of the Democratic Party is the fact that the Democrats cosponsored (with the Republicans) the Counterpro program of the late 1960s and early 70s. Under the Counterpro program black militants (like the Black Panthers) were murdered in cold blood. Basically, the FBI and local police departments conducted a war of violent terror against black militants.

It was the Democratic Party (under FDR) that developed the atomic bomb. It was a Democratic Party (under Truman) that used the atomic bomb. The human race may very well become extinct because of the atomic bomb.

In addition, it was the Democrats that escalated the war in Vietnam. It was the Democrats that got us into World War I. The Democrats got us into the Korean War (Harry Truman). It was the Democrats under John F. Kennedy who brought the world to the brink of a nuclear holocaust during the Cuban missile crisis. It was a Democrat John F. Kennedy who tried to invade Cuba (the Bay of Pigs). It was the Democrat John F. Kennedy who initiated the trade embargo of Cuba to starve Cuba.

The Democrats have supported the war on drugs just like the Republicans. The war on drugs is a war on civil liberties. One out of every four persons in jail in the world is in jail in the USA, mostly because of drugs. Down with the war on drugs!

Let us also remember that the Obama administration began its rule by giving hundreds of billions of dollars to big corrupt corporations, the same corporations that ruined the economy. Obama chastises some of the greedy capitalist with words, but in actions he rewards them with hundreds of billions of the taxpayers dollars.

In summary, the Democrats are warmongers just like the Republicans. The Democrats are attacking our civil liberties just like the Republicans. The Democrats are on the side of the rich just like the Republicans.

However, though we disagree, I respect your right to your own point of view. However, I feel that choosing between the Democrats and the Republicans is like choosing between AIDS and cancer.

As my knowledge of American history is limited (having been raised in Europe, not in the US) I will take your word for all the "evils" done by Democrats of the past.
I will stop you however whree you say that it is the Obama administration that "began its rule by giving hundreds of billions of dollars to big corrupt corporations, the same corporations that ruined the economy." May I remind you that the bailouts were started by Bush? A fact that Republicans like to forget. Since you seem to have a good sense of fairness, I hope you will remember. And, on that subject, I have expressed that I didn't support the bailouts. . .not because they were not necessary, but because they went to exactly (as you stated) the same people who created the terrible fiasco for our economy, in an effort to continue the politics of "trickle down" economy, while they should have gone to the people to help them through the housing crisis. If the funds had gone to help many people continue to pay their mortgage, or if they had gone to reduce their mortgage to a level they could afford to cover themselves, the banks would ALSO have benefitted from it by receiving those payments, instead of having to repossess homes.

And, where "a choice between Aids and Cancer" is concern, let me tell you that I had cancer, and I survived it well. I also worked for 3 years with people dying (yes, in 1995 and 1996, people with AIDS were still dying of their illness) with AIDS, and if I did have a choice. . .I would gladly take dying of cancer.

But I appreciate your willingness to debate this in an intelligent and respecful manner. This is a rare gift in this forum! I hope you will continue to post so that we can all benefit from your knowledge, and your civility!

Talking about the Party and events that happened even 30 years ago or more, is pointless as parties shift and change and realign. Such as Dixiecrats...conservatives from the south who where of the Democratic party...no longer welcome in the party and now a key part of the Republican base. Republicans fought a war agaisnt states rights in the civil war...now they are the party that has leaders talking about sucession.

Yes, huge numbers of southern democrats changing allegiance when a black man rocks up as leader

Just how fucked up is America?

But the retardlicans are in a camp of their own

Camp deranged

Sarah Palin' expertise on foreign policy based on the lie that she can see Putin's plane?

I mean, how could anyone have supported this retard after a claim like that?

Does the US have a sanity requirement for their politicians like many other countries?

The evidence is overwhelmingly that it doesn't but badly needs one

Werbung:
I suppose that on reflection insanity is an asset in a retardlican candidate

After all, it helps them identify with their supporters

Back