Republican Family Values?

That's it? I'm sure there are plenty more, And some of them have nothing to with Republicans.

Abu Gharib is somehow a "GOP scandal"? Walter Reed? Jack Abramoff worked for both sides.

And then there are of course those "scandals" that I am thankful for such as having the NSA listen to terrorists' phone calls.

And then the fake "scandals" like Gonzalez firing the U.S. attornies, Scooter Libby, etc.

I'm sure there are equally extensive and petty lists about Democrats floating around the internet. This is really not very relevant nor is it conducive to any kind of intellgient discussion.

Werbung:
That's it? I'm sure there are plenty more, And some of them have nothing to with Republicans.

Abu Gharib is somehow a "GOP scandal"? Walter Reed? Jack Abramoff worked for both sides.

Abu Gharib is a Republican scandal because it occurred under Bush's watch, the commander in chief. Whatever happened to "the buck stops here". As to Jack Abramoff, he was a member of Bush's transition advisory team. Even as a lobbyist he dealt almost exclusively with Republicans. Republicans such as Tom Delay or former Rep. Bob Ney of Ohio, who was sentenced to prison for accepting bribes. I challenge you to show the Democrats, you claim, that were part of the Abramoff scandal.

Completely different scenarios. Murtha was doing it purely for money. Reagan and North were doing it to undermine the Russians.

You can question their actions in hinesight, but intent matters.

Intent to circumvent stated public policy & break the law is intent to circumvent public policy & break the law.

Saying that's not the case in Iran-Contra is like saying the Watergate burglary was really just a janitorial endeavor. They just broke in to clean & straighten up the offices.

Maybe I missed something. Murtha has been charged with a crime?

I think the facts Popeye has put out document the Republican problem. And I don't really know why we even need to look at that. Something new seems to be in the paper and on TV almost every day.

No one, no matter how partisan, can truthfully argue that the Republicans haven't shot their selves in the foot with more sexual scandals gay & straight and corruption charges than ever before in such a short time period.

Firstly, I will say I am not a partisan. I think both parties we currently have to realistically choose from are a hinderance to the American system of government. That being said, Top Gun makes a good point in that its seems of late that the GOP has had more than thier share of sexual related scandals. One would have to wonder if this is brought about by retaliation or simply bad karma with raising a serious stink over the Clinton-Lewinsky situation. Which ever side you sit on considering this issue, I think most would agree that it was blown way out of proportion and in the end served no useful purpose. All it did was to embarass and bring the work of congress to a screeching hault for quite awhile.

Firstly, I will say I am not a partisan. I think both parties we currently have to realistically choose from are a hinderance to the American system of government. That being said, Top Gun makes a good point in that its seems of late that the GOP has had more than thier share of sexual related scandals. One would have to wonder if this is brought about by retaliation or simply bad karma with raising a serious stink over the Clinton-Lewinsky situation. Which ever side you sit on considering this issue, I think most would agree that it was blown way out of proportion and in the end served no useful purpose. All it did was to embarass and bring the work of congress to a screeching hault for quite awhile.

Good post, all around.

Difference is these Republican foiables are only in the news for a month or so, whereas the GOP smear machine still has Clinton's affair in the discussions nine years later. So I don't want to hear about proportion. If one screws up as a representative of the people, expect to be tarred and feathered.

Difference is these Republican foiables are only in the news for a month or so, whereas the GOP smear machine still has Clinton's affair in the discussions nine years later. So I don't want to hear about proportion. If one screws up as a representative of the people, expect to be tarred and feathered.

The Republicans have much more that Clinton's sexual foibles in the discussions. He has become a scapegoat for all Republican failings. Indeed, their motto appears to be, that when all else fails, blame Clinton. This, from a party that fancies itself as the party of Lincoln. Can you imagine what Lincoln would think about the numerous Republican scandals of today?

I ignore anyone who claims they have moral superiority. I find the callousness of many Republicans to charity, other than inadequate private delivery methods, to be disgusting. Likewise, I'm fed up with the Democrat's tokenism approach. You either fix a problem entirely or move on to something that can be accomplished.

Another Toe-Tapping Republican Caught In Sting - Ends Senate Bid
By: Logan Murphy on Monday, October 8th, 2007 at 10:46 AM - PDT

Via Down With Tyranny:

Another Republican elected official– a pal of David Diapers Vitter no less– caught toe-tappin’ in the boys room! And he wants wanted to be a state senator too! Yesterday’s Times-Picayune painted another dismal picture of another Republican pervert who trawls from public restroom to public restroom looking for… love? Well, looking for something. Joey DiFatta is the chairman of St. Bernard Parish Council and a prominent Republican leader (until 2004 on the GOP state party Executive Committee). He just withdrew from his state senate race, after his arrests for lewd behavior in a public restroom were made public. Read more…

From the Times-Picayune article it appears DiFatta may have been Larry “Super Tuber” Craig’s mentor:

The report said DiFatta slid his foot into the deputy’s stall and tapped the deputy’s foot. In the report, Conley noted that such activity is common among men to indicate a willingness to participate in sex.

The deputy inside the stall, Detective Wayne Couvillion, responded by tapping his foot, and DiFatta reached under the partition and began to rub the deputy’s leg, the report states.

The detective asked DiFatta, “What do you want?” according to the report, and he replied, “I want to play with you.”

Filed Under: GOP, Scandals

Another Toe-Tapping Republican Caught In Sting - Ends Senate Bid
By: Logan Murphy on Monday, October 8th, 2007 at 10:46 AM - PDT

Via Down With Tyranny:

Another Republican elected official– a pal of David Diapers Vitter no less– caught toe-tappin’ in the boys room! And he wants wanted to be a state senator too! Yesterday’s Times-Picayune painted another dismal picture of another Republican pervert who trawls from public restroom to public restroom looking for… love? Well, looking for something. Joey DiFatta is the chairman of St. Bernard Parish Council and a prominent Republican leader (until 2004 on the GOP state party Executive Committee). He just withdrew from his state senate race, after his arrests for lewd behavior in a public restroom were made public. Read more…

From the Times-Picayune article it appears DiFatta may have been Larry “Super Tuber” Craig’s mentor:

The report said DiFatta slid his foot into the deputy’s stall and tapped the deputy’s foot. In the report, Conley noted that such activity is common among men to indicate a willingness to participate in sex.

The deputy inside the stall, Detective Wayne Couvillion, responded by tapping his foot, and DiFatta reached under the partition and began to rub the deputy’s leg, the report states.

The detective asked DiFatta, “What do you want?” according to the report, and he replied, “I want to play with you.”

Filed Under: GOP, Scandals

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE PUBLIC RESTROOMS!!! Is it the thrill of trying to not get caught? With all those Bush upper end tax breaks surely these pubbies can afford to get a room :)! I just don't get the bathroom attraction I guess.

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE PUBLIC RESTROOMS!!! Is it the thrill of trying to not get caught? With all those Bush upper end tax breaks surely these pubbies can afford to get a room :)! I just don't get the bathroom attraction I guess.

I can't quite figure it out either. I mean, the hypocrisy of it all is obvious, but the bathroom attraction, really strange. I think you might of hit on something about it being the thrill of doing it in public and trying not to get caught. They must be mighty ashamed of those urges too, otherwise why hide behind a public face of moral superiority.

Who knew about this type of interaction. Granted I live in the middle of nowhere Alaska. Until the Senator Craig situation I had never heard of this going on at all. Granted I am a straight man, but despite being very well traveled throughout the US and a fair amount overseas I had never heard of this, nor has anyone ever done anything like that in the stall next to me. Plus how the hell does someone spread thier legs that far with thier pants around thier ankles? I know these stalls arent large. But the physical motion of it seems to be a bit over the top to me. I dont care what people do in the privacy of thier own homes or even in hotel rooms etc. But sex in a public bathroom? Not that I am a neat freak, but that seems the most unsanitary location possible.

Werbung:
Remember that denial from our favorite Republican, Larry Craig, "I'm not gay, I never have been gay". The following is just a summary, the second link is the full story.

Man: I had sex with Larry Craig

A man has come forward with a claim that he has engaged in gay sex with scandalized Idaho Senator Larry Craig (R-ID), who pleaded guilty to charges resulting from a sex sting in the Minneapolis, MN airport. The encounter was reported by Wonkette, a popular DC-based blog.

"I went pale and nearly vomited," says David Phillips, speaking of a recent night in a bar, through which Larry Craig's voice came out of a nearby television.

As a student at George Mason University in 1987, Phillips says he was at the now defunct bar La Cage au Follies, where "closeted neocons" were known to gather and seek out men for sex. According to Phillips, he followed Senator Craig to a residence, where the two of them engaged in what is called "clumsy and unremarkable" sex.

After the encounter, Phillips says that he was given $20 and told by the Senator that "I can buy and sell your ass ten thousand times over. You were never here." He was then rushed out of the house, never to return, but not before he glanced at an envelope that had "Suzanne Craig," the name of Senator Craig's wife, written on it.
http://wonkette.com/politics/larry-craig-scandal/exclusive-i-had-sex-with-larry-craig-314897.php

Back