Republican Family Values?

Werbung:
Yeee-hawww!

LOL,
Jarhead, tell me this. What is the status of the corps sidearm. Are you still using the M-9? I heard somewhere, there was going to be a move away from it. Any updates on this? Beretta makes a fine gone. The civ equivalent the model 92 is a very smooth gun. But Christ for a combat mission, no thanks.
Moving to 9mm continues to be a bad idea to me.

Any thoughts on it? When will the change happen? I have heard talk of going to HKs, Kimber 1911 clones or Glocks. I own a glock model 21. I would gladly bring that thing to the sandbox and trust it to work.

Any thoughts on it? When will the change happen? I have heard talk of going to HKs, Kimber 1911 clones or Glocks. I own a glock model 21. I would gladly bring that thing to the sandbox and trust it to work.

Haha, yeah. It doesn't really matter to me either way, I'm a helo pilot (HMX-1). I'm pretty good with the M9 on the range. Have never fired it in anger but I'm perfectly comfortable with it.

Word on the street (and this is significant hearsay so don't take it too seriously) is a move to the Glock.

A much bigger debate is what will eventually replace the M-16. My personal opinion is that it will be the M8 Carbine.

EDIT: Here's a picture of the M8:

xm8c.jpg

I have read about the Xm-8. Sounds like it would be a kick in the pants to shoot. Seems like a fine weapons system.

I have read about the Xm-8. Sounds like it would be a kick in the pants to shoot. Seems like a fine weapons system.

Where'd you hear that from? And it is the next step in terms of weaponry. What's appealing to me and why I think they are going to use it is because it addresses the number 1 issue with the M-16: reliability. It's also a lot lighter (though the M16 isn't particularly heavy).

Where'd you hear that from? And it is the next step in terms of weaponry. What's appealing to me and why I think they are going to use it is because it addresses the number 1 issue with the M-16: reliability. It's also a lot lighter (though the M16 isn't particularly heavy).

I read just about every gun magazine there is. Id have to go back and look, but it might have been Soldier of Fortune who featured an article on it.
I really am an avid hunter and trap shooter. Always lookin for new toys.

I read just about every gun magazine there is. Id have to go back and look, but it might have been Soldier of Fortune who featured an article on it.
I really am an avid hunter and trap shooter. Always lookin for new toys.

Bunz hunting with some version of an M8. The wildlife in Alaska would have about as much chance as a friend on a Dick Cheney Quail shoot... LoL! :D

I wouldn't be surprised to see the switch to Glock for a sidearm. Almost all the major police forces have switched to it and swear by 'em.

Always kinda wondered about the going to 9mm thing (and I am a huge 9mm fan for the accuracy... own the Beretta). But the knockdown power is so much better with the 45. I suppose the added accuracy & extra rounds might make up for it.

not bad gun knowledge for a Lib huh? LoL! ;)

Check this out:
Lost a Watch in Men's Room? Call Larry Craig's Office

Staffers on Capitol Hill are howling over an e-mail sent from Sen. Larry Craig's office Friday about a watch found -- guess where -- in the men's room!

The e-mail, which is being forwarded pretty much all over the place on Capitol Hill, is from Pat Olsen, the embattled Idaho Republican's administrative director.

The e-mail announced that a watch was found in the men's room on the fifth floor of the Hart Senate Office Building, where Craig's office is located. On its face, the message suggests that a male staffer (possibly even Sen. Craig, the notorious men's room foot tapper) found the watch.

Olsen confirmed to The Sleuth that she authored the message. Without divulging her e-mail address, here is the text:

Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 4:03 PM
To: ADMGR@
Subject: Watch found in the men's room

Watch found in the men's room on the 5th floor in the NW Corner of the Hart Building. It is not working, but if someone from your office lost it, please let me know.

Pat Olsen
Administrative Director
Senator Larry E. Craig
Those Republicans, always good for a laugh.http://blog.washingtonpost.com/sleuth/2007/11/anyone_in_the_senate_missing_a.html

Bunz hunting with some version of an M8. The wildlife in Alaska would have about as much chance as a friend on a Dick Cheney Quail shoot... LoL! :D

I wouldn't be surprised to see the switch to Glock for a sidearm. Almost all the major police forces have switched to it and swear by 'em.

Always kinda wondered about the going to 9mm thing (and I am a huge 9mm fan for the accuracy... own the Beretta). But the knockdown power is so much better with the 45. I suppose the added accuracy & extra rounds might make up for it.

not bad gun knowledge for a Lib huh? LoL! ;)

If it wasnt a .223 Id give it a go. I have a mini-14 in the same caliber that I use for small game. Otherwise its a 7mm rem. mag or .338 for me on medium-large game(which would be large and very large game to you lower 48ers)

I am an advocate for the 45acp. Plenty of my buddies carry 44mags for woods. I would rather have 13 rounds that I am willing and able to shoot quickly, than 6 with enough power to hurt my hand. If I cant do the job with 13rounds at close range, wipe my ass and call me lunch.

I'm pretty liberal and I like guns. They're necessary at times as the whole world isn't up for peaceful resolution all the time. I'm just slow on the draw when the intent is preemptive and not absolute, or is missing complete information as to whats going on. Just wish our government followed suit with that ideology.

As for stopping power 9mm vs. .45cal, an on target hit with a 9mm is as deadly as a .45, the refire accuracy is MUCH greater since the kick is almost unnoticeable with the 9mm glock. when it comes to body armor in criminals even with a trauma plate I'd prefer a 9mm, as 5 accurate shots to the chest plate can still puncture it, and if not it'll break enough ribs to make breathing near impossible, a .45 cannot assure an accurate 5 shot to the same 8" area. I saw a demo at a law enforcement expo about the difference between .45, .40, and 9mm against armored targets. To be honest, I'd say go .40 as it's a nice balance of power and accuracy. The chest plate took 3 shots with a .40, 2 with the .45 (it didn't puncture it, but the force bent it, I guess it was a steal plate and not one of those carbon/ceramic jobs which it may have shattered, I'm not sure the displacement from the shattering at that force however) the 9 took about 5 shots to put a small hole that only allowed fragments to enter the gel block behind the vest, as the plate still shattered the bullets. (I worked EMS here for a while and we got to go to those cool expos) They also had some crazy cutting edge stuff, like road spikes that laid flat until the suspect vehicle approached at which time they could be remotely raised, to allow spiking of high traffic areas, even had some video demo of an emp thing to use against cars, it was kinda like a spike strip, but didn't blow the tires , I guess to make it less likely to wreck at high speeds and to stop them from still driving on blown tires....

anyhow, I don't even know what the original topic was of this thread...*shrug*

anyhow, I don't even know what the original topic was of this thread...*shrug*
It was a sex scandal, but turned to guns somewhow. Probably my fault really. But I dont think anyone will disagree that guns arent a Republican family values.

I wont disagree with your sentiments in auto-pistol calibers. On my own personal decision. I am not shooting at man sized targets wearing potential body armor. I would be shooting at large hairy brown creatures. I actually practice extensively with my pistol in regards to these situations. Id much rather die an old man and say I never needed it though.

Werbung:
Back