Republican (Koch brothers) turn to dirty tricks again.

ProudLefty

xlarge_afpwiscballot.jpg

The ballot closes August 10th. This was mailed by the Koch brothers to Democrats in Wisconsin.

Werbung:
xlarge_afpwiscballot.jpg

The ballot closes August 10th. This was mailed by the Koch brothers to Democrats in Wisconsin.

It is really not that shocking...from the many campaigns I have worked on I have seen all that and more from both sides. Life goes on.

Could you provide a factual exemple from the Democratic party using this technique?

In the Obama/McCain race in Missouri, they did this exact same thing. In the final days before the election they were doing GOTV calls and for McCain supporters told them "See you at the polls November 5th." (The election was November 4th)

How do I know this? Because I saw it first hand, heard the calls, etc....

Not to defend Republicans here, I know first hand stuff like that occurs on our side as well. That is politics.

In the Obama/McCain race in Missouri, they did this exact same thing. In the final days before the election they were doing GOTV calls and for McCain supporters told them "See you at the polls November 5th." (The election was November 4th)

How do I know this? Because I saw it first hand, heard the calls, etc....

Not to defend Republicans here, I know first hand stuff like that occurs on our side as well. That is politics.

I didn't hear it. And, anyone with a TV, a radio, or even a neighbor or anyone who isn't blind KNEW that the presidential elections were on November 4, 2008! There were enough signs, all over the roads. . .it is very different from a primary election which has different dates in every State!

I didn't hear it. And, anyone with a TV, a radio, or even a neighbor or anyone who isn't blind KNEW that the presidential elections were on November 4, 2008! There were enough signs, all over the roads. . .it is very different from a primary election which has different dates in every State!

It's easy to fool some people. Remember Don Imus, asking Obama supporters if they liked him picking Palin as a running mate? If they agreed with his pro life stance? Remember Shaun Hannity asking listeners if they agreed with "to each according to his needs, from each according to his abilities", and them not recognizing where that phrase came from?

I suppose those are the same people who didn't know when the election was.

Come to think of it, do any of us want people like that voting?

It's easy to fool some people. Remember Don Imus, asking Obama supporters if they liked him picking Palin as a running mate? If they agreed with his pro life stance? Remember Shaun Hannity asking listeners if they agreed with "to each according to his needs, from each according to his abilities", and them not recognizing where that phrase came from?

I suppose those are the same people who didn't know when the election was.

Come to think of it, do any of us want people like that voting?

Great point!!

I didn't hear it. And, anyone with a TV, a radio, or even a neighbor or anyone who isn't blind KNEW that the presidential elections were on November 4, 2008!

There were enough signs, all over the roads. . .it is very different from a primary election which has different dates in every State!

You didn't get this ballot either, yet you seem to have little trouble accepting that it occurred.

I also think you vastly overestimate the American people if you think they all knew when the Presidential election was....

Point is, these things happen on both sides...so what?

You didn't get this ballot either, yet you seem to have little trouble accepting that it occurred.

I also think you vastly overestimate the American people if you think they all knew when the Presidential election was....

Again, at least to me the difference lies in the hypocrisy from the Republicans about how they, somehow, are the keepers of the keys, and they are almost sanctimonious in their calls to stop voter fraud when what they are really doing is suppressing the vote.

One other aspect of this is that, yes, it does happen on both sides. However it always seems like the Republicans do more of it, and its dirtier. It wasn't Democrats who called voters in the South asking if they knew that John McCain had a black child.

For one...its part of a growing patern in WI of shady politics by the republicans and Koch...fake people running for office, trying to suppress the vote, votes with no notice...and the same people keep showing up behind all of this..and funding in huge amounts for this....

You say both sides do it...sure outside groups on both sides pull dirty tricks...but I can say its far less common in this area ( MN WI) where clean elections are expected..not ones filled with dirty tricks. And When and if the Dems did something like this I would attack them for it...the problem is the Republicans at least many...seem to approve of such tactics or at least not willing to condone them...because the ends justify any means.

Werbung:
For one...its part of a growing patern in WI of shady politics by the republicans and Koch...fake people running for office, trying to suppress the vote, votes with no notice...and the same people keep showing up behind all of this..and funding in huge amounts for this....

You say both sides do it...sure outside groups on both sides pull dirty tricks...but I can say its far less common in this area ( MN WI) where clean elections are expected..not ones filled with dirty tricks. And When and if the Dems did something like this I would attack them for it...the problem is the Republicans at least many...seem to approve of such tactics or at least not willing to condone them...because the ends justify any means.

Come on man...this is not really a new thing..look back to even Kennedy's first election.

Back