Republicans block youth immigration bill

steveox

WASHINGTON – Senate Republicans have blocked a bill to grant hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants brought to the United States as children a chance to gain legal status if they enroll in college or join the military.

Sponsors of what they call the Dream Act needed 60 Senate votes for it, but fell five short. The House passed the bill last week. It was a last-ditch effort to enact it before it Republicans take control of the House from Democrats in January.

Immigrant advocates viewed the measure as a step toward providing a path to legal status for up to 12 million illegal immigrants by focusing on the most sympathetic among them first. Critics called it a back-door grant of amnesty that would encourage more illegal immigration.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101218/ap_on_go_co/us_immigration_students

More reason why some democrats are scared of 2012.

Werbung:
Its not hate. But Homosexuality is wrong! Just because guys cant get girls to make out with them doesnt mean you stick it into another mans ass. Why you think AIDS is GODS Punishment on homosexuals?

Yeah it is hate you just wished harm on the entire gay community. (ignoring all the other crap you just said)

Even Westboro Bapist Church knows what GOD hates.
god-hates-fags1239565001.jpg
god_hates_fags.jpg

fund0704.gif

fredphelps.jpg

Werbung:
Glad to hear but one would not have surmised it from your posting.

I know, christianity leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth and a lot of christians leave me with a taste worse than christianity.

Some people confuse not being christian and being atheist as the same thing. Its an easy mistake to make.

Back