Republicans Proven To Be Hypocrites.... Again!

Greco

You can’t make this stuff up. Well, I guess you could but I’m not, and I’ll document it.

Republicans are frequently called out for being hypocrites. For example, Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Oklahoma) just loves to gush about supporting the troops. But now he is single handedly putting a hold, blocking urgent medial care for veterans. He says he’s doing it to save us money, but he repeatedly voted to approve supplemental funding in the billions of dollars for Bush’s needless war, but after the troops have served he won’t allow funds to be spent for their care.

It gets better.

Republicans like to puff up with self-pride over their right to life stance. They don’t want women having any choice in their own bodies when they know best. They claim they’re fearless crusaders against abortion for any reason. Senator Coburn has even expressed the opinion that any doctor performing one should be tried for murder. That’s what they say, and say it often. But there’s a little skeleton in their closet they’re not happy has been made public.

Guess who has health insurance coverage that includes elective abortion? Why it’s the Republican National Committee and they’ve had that coverage for almost two decades, since 1991.

Politico broke the story, and it reads in part….

“The Republican National Committee’s health insurance plan covers elective abortion – a procedure their party’s own platform calls ‘a fundamental assault on innocent human life’. Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the RNC’s policy covers elective abortion. According to several Cigna employees, the insurer offers its customers the opportunity to opt out of abortion coverage – and the RNC did not choose to opt out.”

And they wonder why their party is down to only 20% of Americans willing to admit publicly they’re a member.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/29456

Werbung:
You can’t make this stuff up. Well, I guess you could but I’m not, and I’ll document it.

Republicans are frequently called out for being hypocrites. For example, Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Oklahoma) just loves to gush about supporting the troops. But now he is single handedly putting a hold, blocking urgent medial care for veterans. He says he’s doing it to save us money, but he repeatedly voted to approve supplemental funding in the billions of dollars for Bush’s needless war, but after the troops have served he won’t allow funds to be spent for their care.

It gets better.

Republicans like to puff up with self-pride over their right to life stance. They don’t want women having any choice in their own bodies when they know best. They claim they’re fearless crusaders against abortion for any reason. Senator Coburn has even expressed the opinion that any doctor performing one should be tried for murder. That’s what they say, and say it often. But there’s a little skeleton in their closet they’re not happy has been made public.

Guess who has health insurance coverage that includes elective abortion? Why it’s the Republican National Committee and they’ve had that coverage for almost two decades, since 1991.

“The Republican National Committee’s health insurance plan covers elective abortion – a procedure their party’s own platform calls ‘a fundamental assault on innocent human life’. Federal Election Commission Records show the RNC purchases its insurance from Cigna. Two sales agents for the company said that the RNC’s policy covers elective abortion. According to several Cigna employees, the insurer offers its customers the opportunity to opt out of abortion coverage – and the RNC did not choose to opt out.”

And they wonder why their party is down to only 20% of Americans willing to admit publicly they’re a member.

SHHHHHH...do you want those rabid nut jobs around here to just spin themselves into a hysterical frenzy...:confused:

I mean, how delusional will it be when we have to start reading their own version of their uniquely leaning health care bill to/for them...good grief there won't be enough PROZAC PATCHES around to slap onto each and everyone of them to calm them down :D

We all knew there are multiple reasons to vote against a bill many of them unrelated to ones opinion of the merits of the main part of the bill.

Coburn said that the reason he voted against the bill was that it needed to be debated. In a time when the one thing most Americans can agree on is that they hate it when congress passes bills without first reading them I think many would agree with Coburn.

Same story, no cherry picking:

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=EA3D5170-18FE-70B2-A8C580A892D7765E

[/QUOTE]

Isn't membership in the dem party about as low? Yet the independence are going to be voting for...

Everyone of those comments left out half the information. So, is it hypocritical to say that people are hypocritical while being hypocritical?

"Coburn said that the reason he voted against the bill was that it needed to be debated."

That's not the truth. In fact it's a lie. Today's issue of The Tulsa World quotes Coburn at a town hall meeting yesterday in Altus, Oklahoma. "I think we should cut costs somewhere else if we're going to go out and pay for expanded health services."

It has nothing to do with "debating" the bill. He doesn't want to spend the money to care for veterans. He's willing to spend money to send troops off to war, but not for veteran's care when they return.

If you want to defend Coburn, try using the truth and facts.

We all knew there are multiple reasons to vote against a bill many of them unrelated to ones opinion of the merits of the main part of the bill.

Coburn said that the reason he voted against the bill was that it needed to be debated. In a time when the one thing most Americans can agree on is that they hate it when congress passes bills without first reading them I think many would agree with Coburn.

Same story, no cherry picking:

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=EA3D5170-18FE-70B2-A8C580A892D7765E

Isn't membership in the dem party about as low? Yet the independence are going to be voting for...

Everyone of those comments left out half the information. So, is it hypocritical to say that people are hypocritical while being hypocritical?[/QUOTE]

the whole without reading the bill thing...is the new Right wing playcard that ignores the facts...half the time they site it when there is no bill to read...when the bill is changed often still , and ignores that most of the bill does not need to be read line by line by the congress person...they have people who do that...IF they all had to read evry bill...we would never get anything done, they would all be to busy reading...then rereading the bill,...sorry got to reread it, they changed it...now I need to read this guys version of same bill...now read all amendments...wait got to reread the bill it changed.....

Its very important to know evry single detail i a bill..so next time the congress passes a bill for the wars...they should know, much much is spent on ammo...and maybe even by what type,,,,are we spending to much in 50 cal when we need more 9mm? they need to know this stuff

"Coburn said that the reason he voted against the bill was that it needed to be debated."

That's not the truth. In fact it's a lie. Today's issue of The Tulsa World quotes Coburn at a town hall meeting yesterday in Altus, Oklahoma. "I think we should cut costs somewhere else if we're going to go out and pay for expanded health services."

It has nothing to do with "debating" the bill. He doesn't want to spend the money to care for veterans. He's willing to spend money to send troops off to war, but not for veteran's care when they return.

No, it is the truth and I will provide a link.

I said that there would be multiple reasons to vote against a bill. Coburn said that he voted against the bill BECAUSE as a bill that spends billions of dollars it deserves to be debated.

From the article:

"Caregiver and Veterans Services Act of 2009 needs to be fully debated because it will cost taxpayers more than $3 billion over the next five years."
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29372.html

Among the multiple reasons he also said that the bill would pay family members of wounded veterans to provide care for them. What are they doctors and nurses now? That sounds like a situation ripe for abuse and yes it needs to be debated.

What do the American people agree on?

"We urge you to call your Congressman and ask that he or she sign the Discharge Petition in favor of passing a mandatory 72-hour reading period for all non-emergency legislation. Past and future bills, such as the stimulus package and healthcare legislation, should never be passed without Congressmen and citizens being able to read such bills in their entirety."

"Republicans support the 72-hour waiting period by 96.1 percent along with 94.1 percent of Independents and 83.3 percent of Democrats."
http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&q=...czo1h6&sig=AFQjCNFLWtwyP_sEVX8fPrTAHGgG_inavg

Has anyone ever seen such overwhelming support among all Americans on any issue before. Among anyone before? Whey even he East Germans don't agree that highly that bringing down the Berlin was was such a good thing.

[

Actually it has a lot to do with caring for veterans. Here are some facts I bet you did not know. First let us be clear that he did not vote against a whole bill but against one amendment to it.

"(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) issued the following statement today regarding his vote against an amendment offered by Senator Daniel Akaka (D-HI) to the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Bill regarding funding for outpatient care and treatment for veterans.

“My support for veterans is unwavering and I believe keeping our commitment to those who risk all to fight for our freedom must be among the highest of our priorities. Unfortunately, the Akaka amendment was more about politicizing veterans’ issues rather than addressing their real health care needs,” Dr. Coburn said.

From the start of the fiscal year through March 2006, the number of patients the Veterans’ Administration (VA) has treated is higher than what the agency expected, according to the agency. But the facts clearly show the money spent by the VA on such care is only 71 percent of what was expected at this time. That means the agency currently has about $600 million budgeted for care that hasn’t been spent. Coupled with a $430 million contingency fund built into the VA’s budget, the agency has a $1 billion surplus at its disposal, Dr. Coburn said. VA officials also have told congressional leaders they do not need additional funding for veterans care at this time.

“The facts clearly show the Senate has approved more than enough money to meet the health care needs of these veterans. This move was more about politics than addressing the real health care needs of veterans.
It’s sad the Senate chose to add to the future debt of our children and grandchildren under the guise of supporting veterans,” Dr. Coburn said.

Dr. Coburn added that Congress improved the transparency of the VA budget process last year and the process has been a resounding success. This amendment would be a step backward in terms of Congress’ stewardship of taxpayer dollars.

“As a practicing physician, it has been my honor to have personally cared for hundreds of Oklahoma veterans. We can and must improve veterans’ health care by giving veterans greater control over the delivery of their care and by reducing costs, streamlining bureaucracy and encouraging the best medical practices,” Dr. Coburn said. "

http://coburn.senate.gov/public/ind...ecord_id=dd577c98-802a-23ad-4dbb-fcd8f8c79648

I would prefer that scenario to the rubber stamped bills that don't get properly debated and aren't posted for the public to read (as Obama promised would happen, just another one of his broken campaign promises).

Ya, don't you just hate that, that our PRESIDENTS can't be hands on with each and every task that comes up around this entire country...dog gone it that just CHAPS MY ARSE:rolleyes:

And I know that in your finite ability to monitor all things going on in Washington D.C. that you've kept tabs on every-single-bill that has been discussed for your entire lifetime and the DEMOCRATS are the only ones lacking in transparency...LMAO GOOD GRIEF

BTW...where have you been dug in lately?

BTW...where have you been dug in lately?
My father died in september at just 61 years old, it hit me pretty hard and I haven't had the stomach to discuss politics. People like you are so rude, angry, and filled with hatred for anyone that has a different opinion that it was just not worth getting worked up about.

And I know that in your finite ability to monitor all things going on in Washington D.C. that you've kept tabs on every-single-bill that has been discussed for your entire lifetime and the DEMOCRATS are the only ones lacking in transparency...
Actually, I find both parties lacking in transparency, both should be held accountable and held to the same strict standard. Don't you agree?

I don't think its asking too much that, proir to voting on bills, the congressmen actually read them, understand what it says, and make the bills available to the public to read as well. Obama, Pelosi and Ried all promised to make bills available to the public 72 hours before a vote but they aren't held accountable for breaking that promise because people like you have blind faith in them and trust any decisions they make as being in your best interest... When in reality, politicians, in both parties, act in the best interest of their political careers and in the best interest of their political party, not in the best interest of America.

You are still confused and think I'm as much of a Republican cheerleader as you are for the Democrats, but you're wrong... I'm the one who said the Republicans should just fold up the tent and go away, leaving the Democrats as the only political party in America. Republicans have abandoned the principles they claim to stand for and deserve to lose every election until they become vertibrates once again and stand on principle.

My father died in september at just 61 years old, it hit me pretty hard and I haven't had the stomach to discuss politics. People like you are so rude, angry, and filled with hatred for anyone that has a different opinion that it was just not worth getting worked up about.
To bad about your father, but you'll just twist my sentiments around and make them something that they are not, as usual!
MY, MY, MY I see your immaturity was kept well in tack and your selective memory too...LMAO You are a scream and I've missed you vitriolic spewing!!!
Actually, I find both parties lacking in transparency, both should be held accountable and held to the same strict standard. Don't you agree?
Exactly...and when his term is over I'll reevaluate his performance...until that time...I'm pulling for OUR NEWLY ELECTED PRESIDENT LIKE I HAVE EVERY ONE THAT I'VE VOTED FOR...YOU NEED TO GET ON THE BAND WAGON AND QUIT YOUR WHINING!
I don't think its asking too much that, prior to voting on bills, the congressmen actually read them, understand what it says, and make the bills available to the public to read as well.
And you speak as though this has been different in the past??? REALLY, you have proof that all of the other bills/discussion were handled any differently by all of the former members of Congress/White House Staff/Senators...Get Real
Obama, Pelosi and Ried all promised to make bills available to the public 72 hours before a vote but they aren't held accountable for breaking that promise because people like you have blind faith in them and trust any decisions they make as being in your best interest... When in reality, politicians, in both parties, act in the best interest of their political careers and in the best interest of their political party, not in the best interest of America.
So you readily accept that this is the status quo and yet you screech & whine because the Republican are working on their 'BILL BEHIND CLOSED DOORS' and the others that refused to work with this administration over the current health care package {for fear and lack of a backbone} are being better then you THINK??? The only one confused seems to be YOU ;)
You are still confused and think I'm as much of a Republican cheerleader as you are for the Democrats, but you're wrong... I'm the one who said the Republicans should just fold up the tent and go away, leaving the Democrats as the only political party in America. Republicans have abandoned the principles they claim to stand for and deserve to lose every election until they become vertibrates once again and stand on principle.
Well, then it looks like you are suffering from the same dementia...I'm an Independent and I'm pulling for AMERICA and I'm pulling for a unified health care for all of AMERICA...it won't matter which party gets it done...just as long as we get it done now...not later, not in the next 5 years, not waiting for another 10 years...NOW!

MY, MY, MY I see your immaturity was kept well in tack and your selective memory too...LMAO You are a scream and I've missed you vitriolic spewing!!!
These are the kinds of personal attacks that the Mods around here let fly... I don't blame you for being rude and abusive, I blame the Mods for accepting such behavior.

If you would have offered sympathies, I would have accepted them and thanked you for them because I know you either have a father you would be pained to lose or have lost one and can empathize with what I've been going through.

Exactly...and when his term is over I'll reevaluate his performance...
You didn't wait for the Bush term to be over before you jumped on the hate Bush bandwagon... I don't have to wait for Obama's term to be over to be critical of his disastrous policies.

YOU NEED TO GET ON THE BAND WAGON
I'm an individualist, not a collectivist that mindlessly follows the herd of lemmings off the cliff.

And you speak as though this has been different in the past??? REALLY, you have proof that all of the other bills/discussion were handled any differently by all of the former members of Congress/White House Staff/Senators...Get Real
Its never been my contention that this has been different in the past... at least not in recent history. My complaint is that it happens and its getting worse with each successive administration, not better. You accept this status quo and cheer it on... at least so long as you voted for those in power.

So you readily accept that this is the status quo
You are the one who accepts the status quo as acceptable on the part of our government.... so long as its your guy in office.

Well, then it looks like you are suffering from the same dementia...
More personal attacks.

I'm an Independent and I'm pulling for AMERICA
You're a cheerleader for the Obama administration and the Radical Leftists running congress. I have yet to see where your "independent" views differ from those of the Radical Left.

I'm pulling for a unified health care for all of AMERICA.
You're a Collectivist, I'm an Individualist. We simply disagree on how to best to see that the needs of the American people are met. Collectivists always use the exact same formula to "fix" any problem in society: bigger government, more restrictions on freedom, larger deficits and higher taxes to support a bloated, inefficient government bureaucracy.

Werbung:
Originally Posted by GenSeneca
I said: To bad about your father, but you'll just twist my sentiments around and make them something that they are not, as usual!

You have this wonderful ability to selective cut & paste a topic/comment/post to prove your POINT...does that make you a liar/a person who intentionally misleads the conversation/some one who will go above and beyond to just alter the TRUTH...:confused:

I now know that you read what you want to and twist the direction and ideas around to suit your ideologies and if that shoe fits then wear it well and proud...you do that really well!

GOOD DAY TO YOU! ;)

Back