Rich pay most federal taxes

rich guys found a way not to pay taxes hhaha

You might think that such comments make nice sound bites, but now make that statement jibe with the FACT that the top 1% of wage earners in this country pay 36.8% of all federal income taxes paid and the top 25% of wage earners pay 84.6% of all federal income taxes paid and the bottom 50% of wage earners pay less than 4% of all federal income taxes paid.

Werbung:
I am completely aware with how the tax system works. But ask yourselves who is more often in the court of law because of tax frauds - rich guys or poor guys... (palerider is your sense of humor surgically removed?)

I am completely aware with how the tax system works. But ask yourselves who is more often in the court of law because of tax frauds - rich guys or poor guys... (palerider is your sense of humor surgically removed?)

The reason the wealthy are in tax court more than those who are not wealthy is because unless you are in the top 50% of wage earners, you likely don't pay taxes at all and since over 84% of taxes are paid by the top 25% of earners, it stands to reason that they would find themselves at odds with the law. Finding oneself in tax court, however, does not mean that one is guilty.

And I have a fine sense of humor. I just don't find any humor in dishonesty.

And we want to give more tax breaks to the poor? How about raising taxes for the poor and lowering taxes for the rich to stimulate the economy!

How about REPEALING taxes for everyone - rich and poor - instead of just doling out minor tax cuts here and there. Go tell your Republican masters to prove they're for smaller government, because all I see in Washington DC is a government that keeps growing ever larger and more expensive. Your boys can cut taxes now, but since spending has gone up and the national debt has gotten larger every single year under Bush, they'll eventually have to be raised again.

How about REPEALING taxes for everyone - rich and poor - instead of just doling out minor tax cuts here and there. Go tell your Republican masters to prove they're for smaller government, because all I see in Washington DC is a government that keeps growing ever larger and more expensive. Your boys can cut taxes now, but since spending has gone up and the national debt has gotten larger every single year under Bush, they'll eventually have to be raised again.

You're right.

The Republicans can't cut taxes anymore since their government spending is sooo high. We've been running on deficit for a long time.

You're right.

The Republicans can't cut taxes anymore since their government spending is sooo high. We've been running on deficit for a long time.

If they would cut out the waste, we could easily eliminate the deficit, cut spending, and repeal the income tax. Take a look at the massive amounts of money being wasted:

"According to some estimates, we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions." - Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

Trillions of dollars are missing from the US government. What's going on? Where is the money? How could this happen? Where are the checks and balances? How much more has gone missing? What would happen if a corporation failed to pass an audit like this? Or a taxpayer? Who is responsible for this? Would your banks continue to handle your bank account if you behaved like this? Would your investors continue to buy your securities if you behaved like this? Learn more in the articles below.

http://www.solari.com/learn/articles_missingmoney.htm

http://www.wanttoknow.info/corruptiongovernmentmilitary

For numerous listings of government waste on a state by state basis, check out:

http://www.apatheticvoter.com/FederalStateWaste.htm

And let's not forget fraud - in which the people we pay to enforce the law are either too lazy or too corrupt to enforce it, costing us billions in losses. This is from just one county:

County fraud explodes

$2 billion annual tab for worker, public abuse

BY TROY ANDERSON, Staff Writer
01/06/2007

After downplaying the scope for years, Los Angeles County officials have started to quietly acknowledge that scams by county employees and recipients of county services may be costing taxpayers nearly $2billion a year.

While there are no exact figures, the county Grand Jury last summer estimated welfare recipients are defrauding taxpayers of $500million a year. Prosecutors have estimated fraud in the food stamp, in-home care and health care programs costs more than $200million.

"It's as though in all the public assistance programs - be it welfare, food stamps, child care or Section8 housing - someone put a pot of gold in the middle of the street and walked away from it with very little integrity controls," said James Cosper, head deputy in the District Attorney's Office Welfare Fraud Division.

"It's bad throughout the entire county. ... We do two or three major sweeps a year where we go out and arrest people. In case after case, they are driving Beemers, Lexus and Mercedes automobiles, or we have evidence they are taking expensive vacations, going on very nice cruises or living in expensive homes."

And it's not just service recipients who are defrauding the county.

Rest of article at:

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_4965025

What do you suggest that we do, then?

And I'm a bit skeptical about eliminating the deficit so easily. It's a huge deficit. It'll be pretty difficult to eliminate it.

What do you suggest that we do, then?

And I'm a bit skeptical about eliminating the deficit so easily. It's a huge deficit. It'll be pretty difficult to eliminate it.

It would be easy to eliminate it, if you have the right people in power. Take the time to read the following, from former Libertarian presidential candidate Harry Browne:

http://www.harrybrowne.org/hb2000/stands/natldebt.htm

Another factor is the Federal Reserve. It's a "debt system" itself and it should be abolished:

https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=904

The reason the wealthy are in tax court more than those who are not wealthy is because unless you are in the top 50% of wage earners, you likely don't pay taxes at all and since over 84% of taxes are paid by the top 25% of earners, it stands to reason that they would find themselves at odds with the law. Finding oneself in tax court, however, does not mean that one is guilty.

And I have a fine sense of humor. I just don't find any humor in dishonesty.

I do pay all the taxes that I'm supposed to :) I give more that 20% of my earns to the government :) And being in any kind of court does not necessarily means that one is guilty but most of those who are in courts are not there only because of bad luck :) And what exactly was dishonest in my previous statement?!?

I do pay all the taxes that I'm supposed to :) I give more that 20% of my earns to the government :) And being in any kind of court does not necessarily means that one is guilty but most of those who are in courts are not there only because of bad luck :) And what exactly was dishonest in my previous statement?!?

Do a bit of research HighBVoltage. You will find that most of the people who find themselves in tax court, beat whatever charges that are levied against them, or they end up owing only a small fraction of the amount they were originally said to owe. The tax agencies are terribly flawed and as a result, they make a very large number of mistakes. The conviction rate of tax courts is evidence of this.

The more one makes, the greater the chance one has of getting tangled up in the convoluted tax law. Your suggestion that the rich are more often in tax court because they are more likely to cheat is where your dishonesty lies. The facts, don't support your suggestion.

Do a bit of research HighBVoltage. You will find that most of the people who find themselves in tax court, beat whatever charges that are levied against them, or they end up owing only a small fraction of the amount they were originally said to owe. The tax agencies are terribly flawed and as a result, they make a very large number of mistakes. The conviction rate of tax courts is evidence of this.

The more one makes, the greater the chance one has of getting tangled up in the convoluted tax law. Your suggestion that the rich are more often in tax court because they are more likely to cheat is where your dishonesty lies. The facts, don't support your suggestion.

Not only are tax companies flawed, has anyone taken a good look at US Tax Law lately? I was about to make one of those "It's more confusing than..." statements but I realized that I couldn't come up with anything in even the same league as all that mumbo-jumbo.

Bottom line, it's terrifically easy to make mistakes, and the more money you're making the more of those tax laws apply to you. The further down the economic spectrum you get the less complicated the tax laws get. I myself file a 1040EZ because I'm still a dependent and don't make a whole ton of money. When you get up towards the people who own and run Fortune 500 companies, they're filling out more paperwork than goes through Congress every year. One tiny little mistake by a clerk somewhere down the line and Mr. Fortune 500, who never even saw the piece of paper in question, finds himself in court on tax charges.

Bottom line, it's terrifically easy to make mistakes, and the more money you're making the more of those tax laws apply to you. The further down the economic spectrum you get the less complicated the tax laws get. I myself file a 1040EZ because I'm still a dependent and don't make a whole ton of money. When you get up towards the people who own and run Fortune 500 companies, they're filling out more paperwork than goes through Congress every year. One tiny little mistake by a clerk somewhere down the line and Mr. Fortune 500, who never even saw the piece of paper in question, finds himself in court on tax charges.

Absolutely correct. The tax laws are so convoluted, in fact, that those who enforce them don't universally understand them.

Werbung:
And yet your Republican masters have done nothing about this...

All talk, no action. Or I should say, all talk, no principles.

I have no republican masters. Do you have something to add to the conversation, or is sniping from the sidelines at the participants the extent of your intellectual capability?

Back