Richest Nations Pledge to Halve Greenhouse Gas

PLC1

Staff member
RUSUTSU, Japan — President Bush and leaders of the world’s richest nations pledged Tuesday to “move toward a low-carbon society” by cutting greenhouse gas emissions in half by 2050, the latest step in a long evolution by a president who for years played down the threat of global warming.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/science/earth/09climate.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin

Check it out. There is Bush, along with the leaders of other major powers, willing to go along with efforts to slow global climate change. How about that?

Werbung:
Yer well I bet they could have agreed on it over a huge video conference, being alot more environmentally friendly.Or even they could have just made a facebook group and agreed on it then invited its 30billion users to join the group after.

Seriously we got the technology to cut Green house gas right down right now, without making massive cutbacks to average lifestyles, why do they need a 40 year estimate... thats like agreeing on giving the older half of us the rest of our lives to sort it out!

Yer well I bet they could have agreed on it over a huge video conference, being alot more environmentally friendly.Or even they could have just made a facebook group and agreed on it then invited its 30billion users to join the group after.

Seriously we got the technology to cut Green house gas right down right now, without making massive cutbacks to average lifestyles, why do they need a 40 year estimate... thats like agreeing on giving the older half of us the rest of our lives to sort it out!

Really? What would you do to cut greenhouse gases right now without making massive cutbacks in lifestyles?

Are there really practical methods that won't take years to develop and put into place?

Really? What would you do to cut greenhouse gases right now without making massive cutbacks in lifestyles?

Are there really practical methods that won't take years to develop and put into place?

Yes, massive nuke plant projects. Just 28% of our GHG emissions come from transportation while nearly all of the remaining 72% is from the production of electricity.... yet cars (esp SUV's) are targeted... There is a problem with the logic behind that which leads me to believe its not about reducing GHG's but an excuse to expand gov.

Werbung:
Yes, massive nuke plant projects. Just 28% of our GHG emissions come from transportation while nearly all of the remaining 72% is from the production of electricity.... yet cars (esp SUV's) are targeted... There is a problem with the logic behind that which leads me to believe its not about reducing GHG's but an excuse to expand gov.

Expanding nuclear generation would help, no doubt. I wonder just how many nuclear plants we could run before uranium became as scarce as other forms of energy?

Back