Rick Perry Admirably Refuses To Shake Obama’s Hand At Airport

steveox

Don’t call him Chris Christie.

Republican Texas Gov. Rick Perry refused to greet President Barack Obama at a tarmac photo-op this week, and instead challenged Obama to hold a “substantive meeting” with him to discuss the illegal immigration crisis currently engulfing states along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The White House requested that Perry meet Obama on the tarmac Wednesday as he gets off Air Force One on his way to Democratic fundraisers in Texas, which could have created another tableau like the “Chris Christie hug” during Superstorm Sandy, which helped Obama in the 2012 election. But Perry wasn’t having it.

“I appreciate the offer to greet you at Austin-Bergstrom Airport, but a quick handshake on the tarmac will not allow for a thoughtful discussion regarding the humanitarian and national security crises enveloping the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas,” Perry wrote to Obama in a letter Monday. “I would instead offer to meet with you at any time during your visit to Texas for a substantive meeting to discuss this critical issue.”

Is this the kind of move that liberal media types will pounce on, letting them drone on about supposedly irrational Republican hatred of the president? Yes. Was it also the right decision on Perry’s part? Absolutely.

Whether blocking Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion in his state or proudly luring companies away from high-tax California to settle in Texas, Perry has been a consistent thorn in the side of Obama and national Democrats during the president’s second term. Perry’s refusal to play along with a cute bipartisan White House photo op — in which an effective Republican governor would have had to greet an ineffective globe-trotting Democratic president like some kind of emasculated butler — at least showed some cojones.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/08/r...o-shake-obamas-hand-at-airport/#ixzz36tzwl5b7

He's got my vote! He isn't the only one who refused to shake a politicians hand. Joe Dimmagio didn't

Last edited:
Werbung:
Works for me .... now, when he calls for that meeting ... tell him you're busy getting your pedicure.

Werbung:
Back